Heistercamp Guitar Straps (pic added)

What's Hot
Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
edited February 2015 in Made in the UK

There was a thread about them on here once, but it mysteriously disappeared. :o

In 1995 I bought a Fender Vintage guitar strap - thin, black leather, padded shoulder strap - used it hundreds of times with a LP mostly. Unfortunately, it wasn't long enough for the Gretsch my missus bought me for a wedding present (first world problems :) ) so I also bought a longer Levy's Vintage strap.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9riM4uIYAESPDZ.jpg

Over the years I wanted to buy another leather strap, but they were either too wide, too busy or waaay too expensive. Last year, at the Great British Guitar Show, I tried one of Heistercamp's straps with a Les Paul and took a brochure.

Next I was chatting to Nigel from Heistercamp and despite the show special offer, said the straps were nice but not for me (too wide, the wrong colour, didn't have a shoulder pad or metal buckles or whatever). He said you can pick a strap and customise the options. So I bought one. It arrived a few weeks later and is just what I wanted.* The only thing I didn't like was the cow logo stamped into the shoulder pad and buckle (some things I like to be plain and unbranded), but I quickly came to like it (small cowboys, leather chaps for trading-posts - marvellous). :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9riM1WIcAEDoun.jpg

*Arch Tor strap, black leather, Chili Red suede inside the shoulder pad, Antique Silver colour metal and punched for Schaller (or Dunlop) straplocks.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Souldier job done
  • Nice one. I now remember their stand at the show (they had the straps draped over some barrels didn't they).

Good reminder as I'd forgotten about them, and I'll be after a fancy strap for my ES Les Paul (when I eventually get one!)

• I think the first thread might have been started by me.  Possibly.  I was also looking at Bear Straps and ordered one from there, they are not quite as decorative as the Heistercamp straps, but great quality and a bit cheaper.
  • I'm seriously considering one of their straps now. Can you recall what sort of discount/show special prices they were offering last year?
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited February 2015
    I don't have a Heistercamp strap but I do have one of their belts.

It's superb quality but let down a little (as noted by the OP) by the amount of branding. The logo is stamped into the belt and the loop near the buckle.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    They're at the show again this year.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • not_the_dj" said:
    Can you recall what sort of discount/show special prices they were offering last year?
    15%, if the difference between website price and my invoice from last year is right.
  • not_the_dj" said:
    Can you recall what sort of discount/show special prices they were offering last year?
    15%, if the difference between website price and my invoice from last year is right.

Great thanks. Gives me a guide at least.
  • I don't have a Heistercamp strap but I do have one of their belts.

It's superb quality but let down a little (as noted by the OP) by the amount of branding. The logo is stamped into the belt and the loop near the buckle.

Isn't that much of a problem on a guitar strap if you have the buckle around the back, and only there's a small logo on the shoulder pad.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B9riMwMIUAAwycI.jpg