Incoming - Guild content

What's Hot
GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553

I made a rash spur of the moment online purchase at the weekend, so a Guild Orpheum 12 fret slope shoulder should land in my office mail room in a few days time. Should look like this one - image

Never owned a 12 fret acoustic before.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4152
    edited July 2015
    Adi top with mahogany body....the perfect combo imho. Nice GAS!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    In my opinion, the best guitar brand of all time, always consistent, great quality and sound great, my next guitar will be a guild....again
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I had a D40 before, think it was a late 70's or early 80's one, can't quite remember, but I didn't really get on with it, I had a Yamaha LL16 which although not nearly so cool to look at was a much better sounding guitar, so the D40 was sold - I've never sold a guitar so easily - I must have not been asking enough for it, it got a lot of interest. 

Buying acoustics online makes me nervous - I just want it to get here, preferably in one piece! It's a B stock from one of the big German box shifters, so that's causing me sleepless nights too - but the price was right. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nicely done!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

Guitar arrived yesterday and it is a thing of beauty! Very well set-up too and plays perfectly and sounds amazing, remarkably smooth, yet powerful and piano like. I was a bit concerned that it was shipped with the strings at full tension - that just seems stupid, but it made it here okay. I'm a happy camper. :-)

Pictures to follow!

• lincolnbluelincolnblue Frets: 294
    Very nice - love the Guild decal too
    edited July 2015
    Well here it is -
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You won't regret it im sure, they only made a few I thimk, and i dont t think they make them anymore, likely made in CT factory Hartford, I have a Guild F47 Dtar just a great guitar dreadnaught depth !
  • GuyBodenGuyBoden Frets: 744
    The older Guilds are fantastic guitars, I've owned a few, I've never played the new Chinese Guild guitars, but it's not about where a guitar is made, it's really about how it's made.
    "Music makes the rules, music is not made from the rules."
    I've not tried the Far East guitars either. This was made in the Hartford Conneticut "Custom Shop" and like you say it's already closed down. My old D40 was Westerley built. Have to say, I really, really like this guitar, has a sound like nothing else I've ever played.