Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Nintendo Switch owners!

What's Hot

Comments

• randellarandella Frets: 4168
    Good man!  You'll love it, or at least I hope you do.  There's a tipping-point with Zelda a couple of hours in - hit that and you'll find yourself thinking about it in idle moments at work :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just downloading Brawl which was released today, looks like some good Bombermanesque fun.
  • PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    edited January 2018
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PVO_Dave said:
    thanks Dave!

In other news, I just bought Oxenfree. It's well reviewed on steam, gaming websites etc., and is currently 75% off, so I'm more than happy to take a punt on it for £3.99. Seems pretty nice so far. Narrative/point and click type game. Multiple endings, a bit spooky.
  • On amazon today there is £10 if you spend £50 on an item shipped by amazon, so I just picked up a splatoon pro controller. Use the code BIGTHANKS (details on their homepage).
  • On amazon today there is £10 if you spend £50 on an item shipped by amazon, so I just picked up a splatoon pro controller. Use the code BIGTHANKS (details on their homepage).
    Did exactly the same last night (code was working yesterday)
  • VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited January 2018
    randella said:
    Good man!  You'll love it, or at least I hope you do.  There's a tipping-point with Zelda a couple of hours in - hit that and you'll find yourself thinking about it in idle moments at work
    Ended up that when I got to the guy's house it was one of the infrastructure guys I used to manage!
    Anyway - got the Switch with the games I mentioned above and turned out Mario Kart 8 and a load of other games were on it too - he signed the account over to me and it's all working fine - I literally eat my lunch in the office then take my actual lunch break and sit playing Zelda for 55 mins

The kids have it off me every night when I get in tho - Switch 1-2 is on it and has some Wii like games they like.
    Not even tried the other games (XenoSaga, I am Setsuna, Skyrim etc) as Zelda is taking up most of my time so far - just got the glider so off the first island and bagged a horse
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    @Vaiai ; Zelda is brilliant and huge, now you've got the glider you start to see how huge the map is. Even now my son still finds places we haven't seen before.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Finally pulled the trigger and ordered myself a Switch with BOTW. I couldn't hold out any longer, even if it does mean eating beans and the like for the next month. It should arrive Thursday and I genuinely can't wait.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28157
    I bought a gamepad - the wireless Nintendo one.

It does fit my hands better but the sticks feel a lot longer and the buttons have more travel.

Yes, I know that makes me sound like a snowflake.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Zelda BOTW is genuinely the best game of the last decade+, absolutely phenomenal in every regard, it’s a complete masterpiece - I’ve finished it now but cannot think of enough good things to say about it. 
  • Zelda BOTW is genuinely the best game of the last decade+, absolutely phenomenal in every regard, it’s a complete masterpiece - I’ve finished it now but cannot think of enough good things to say about it. 
    I really enjoyed it but was a bit miffed that you can’t continue to nose around Hyrule once you finish it, seems a shame to actually complete a game for once!
  • According to the beeb Mario Odyssey has been the biggest selling Switch game, I would have thought Zelda would have that slot seeing as it was out months before..

and Switch has sold more consoles in 10 months than the Wii U ever did... I though the Wii U was alright but has been classed a failure. 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Zelda BOTW is genuinely the best game of the last decade+, absolutely phenomenal in every regard, it’s a complete masterpiece - I’ve finished it now but cannot think of enough good things to say about it. 
    I really enjoyed it but was a bit miffed that you can’t continue to nose around Hyrule once you finish it, seems a shame to actually complete a game for once!

Why can't you? It just gives you a save before the final battle to just go and continue playing.
  • randellarandella Frets: 4168
    I though the Wii U was alright but has been classed a failure. 
    It was both to be fair - a decent console that was a failure.  Mrs R. has been playing Zelda on ours, and it doesn't look too far removed from my version on the Switch.

It's a shame really that Nintendo dropped the ball with the U.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2438
    Pretty sure every Zelda game ever does this, it's not surprising.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    I must be the only person who thinks Zelda is overrated. Just can't see the appeal - I've tried many times to get into it, but there's just something about it I can't bond with.

Also, whoever designed the gamepad to have the A and B buttons in the complete opposite configuration of every other console ever made needs to have a word with themselves.
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    FarleyUK said:
    Also, whoever designed the gamepad to have the A and B buttons in the complete opposite configuration of every other console ever made needs to have a word with themselves.
    I mean imagine picking your button layout in the 80s and not thinking of what other companies might do 20 years later 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    edited January 2018
    DanR said:
    FarleyUK said:
    I mean imagine picking your button layout in the 80s and not thinking of what other companies might do 20 years later 
    Well, it's 2-to-1 at the minute.... makes it kind of annoying having to get used to it after coming from an Xbox / Playstation, where the button you're used to using for confirming something now cancels it, and vice-versa....

EDIT - or, heaven forbid, some kind of way to edit the mappings?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26976
    FarleyUK said:
    DanR said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Well, it's 2-to-1 at the minute.... makes it kind of annoying having to get used to it after coming from an Xbox / Playstation, where the button you're used to using for confirming something now cancels it, and vice-versa....

EDIT - or, heaven forbid, some kind of way to edit the mappings?
     Nintendo have literally been doing it this way for 25 years and Sony don’t even have A and B buttons. 

So basically you’re just annoyed that the Switch isn’t an Xbox?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom