Show us your guitar family

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    @Brize it's a standard version made in the early 90's when the Gibson acoustic division was just starting up again. I've only compared it with two post 2000 models but it did best them for tone. 
    Looks lovely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    @markblack ;   that '53 ES-125 is a lovely old thing :)
    Its gorgeous.  I'm always impressed by fenders and there's loads on here.  Other than that the 125 stands out to me as does @Kylef ; rickenbackers.

@markblack love the Pelham picture, shame that kid photobombed it : )
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    @Phil_aka_Pip is that one of the modern gretsch jim dandy's; if so whats it like I can't help being drawn to them for some reason.
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    markblack said:
    JerkMoans said:
    Putting them all together, I'm starting to think maybe I have a problem...

Anyway, here goes.  L to R:

Heavily modified Fender Troy van Leeuwen Jazzmaster: Mastery Bridge and trem., Creamery and Curtis Novak pups, Spitfire pickguard
    Metallic Flesh Pink JM with P90s by Duoton/ @russianbear
    Fender '72 reissue thinline Tele, TV Jones Classic pups
    2003 (I think) Gibson Les Paul Standard
    B&G Little Sister, P90s
    Fender Custom Classic strat in Daphne blue
    Gibson Les Paul Special Double Cutaway

Front: Feline Lion Supreme Slash 2

I think that the first B&G Little Sister I've seen on here (?) what do you think of it - seemed to have a lot of hype when it first appeared, always been tempted.
    It’s lovely. Beautifully put together, and the nicest neck I think I’ve ever played: soft v profile. Plenty of chimy cleans from the P90s but they dirty up well when you dig in. Light and portable, and of course looks gorgeous.

Two negatives: upper fret access is limited (obviously), and my own playing style seems to have my right hand knocking the pickup covers, creating an interesting wow and flutter effect.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    munckee said:
    @Phil_aka_Pip is that one of the modern gretsch jim dandy's; if so whats it like I can't help being drawn to them for some reason.
    I've had it for approx 4 to 5 years. Its tone is way better than it should be for the price, and it handles nicely. Plus it's dead cute :) If I have any criticism, it's in the intonation dept, but with a new set of strings and after being fettled by a tech who knows what he's doing the intonation is tolerable. I think intonation worries me more than it does other people: I kept taking another guitar to my tech who in the end declared "There's nothing wrong with it just play the f___ing thing!". So maybe I'm a bit picky. I recommend anyone to try one of these, they are well worth the investigation and IMO the money too.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Rollin_HandRollin_Hand Frets: 4
    edited March 2018
    Here's mine from L to R

http://i65.tinypic.com/110y4wj.jpg

Little Martin LXM, Gretsch Jim Dandy, ESP LTD PB401, Ibanez Talman TM303 & a Fender Telecaster Baja.
    I don't know how long it will stay like this though.

• BiddlinBiddlin Frets: 8

A few of the flock.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    @Bigsby AFAIK its a 1974 Special (no neck binding). The bridge is I believe normal for the time. There is evidence of small switches having been installed, and then removed as there are some wooden plugs for holes in the control area, but we can only guess at what they were for. The pickups are Seymour Duncan, as when I bought it (Roka's, Denmark Street, 1987) it had DiMarzio Super Distortions fitted. Only other work done since buying was a serious fret job as some of the frets were badly and unevenly worn and it wouldn't play in tune. It does now :)
    @Phil_aka_Pip interesting - I have a 72/73 SG Special with mini-humbuckers.

It has the same bridge and also the two plugged holes for mini-switches.  I wonder if they drilled them all at the factory, then plugged the ones that weren't eventually destined to have the switches?

It also has a patched-in piece of wood behind the bridge pickup, as if it had originally been routed for a full-size humbucker.  I'll try and get a pic up later.

@Biddlin ; wow for an exclusively Gibbo family. What's the last one?

@Nitefly yes I'd be interested to see it :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Here's how it is at the minute (more incoming... soon ish)

https://i.imgur.com/pUKbMXC.jpg

L-R:

Tokai PR100 (MIJ, DiMarzio pickups for now)
    Blackmachine B6 (made by Feline, Oil City Blackbirds)
    MJT Strat (Candy Green, Oil City StoneTones)
    Gibson Flying V (Oil City Winterizer mini-hums)

On the floor is my Taylor 114ce and my Fender USA Deluxe Dimension V.

Just out of shot is my cheap Ibanez mandolin.

- "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914

@Nitefly yes I'd be interested to see it :)
    Here it is - notice the two plugs just left of the 3-way and above the volume control, also the fillet of wood between the bridge and the pick-up:

Sorry for the thread derail!

Hmmm ... I definitely don't have the fillet by the back pickup. My SG is in its case at the other end of the music room which ATM is highly disorganised and until I move stuff out of the way  I can't get to it to check whether my little round plugs are in the same position as yours (working on it, putting some castors on a 4x12, then will have that plus another 4x12, a 1x15 bass bin, a keyboard combo, and a wedge monitor out of there and into where they will normally be stored).

• RedWolffRedWolff Frets: 44
    edited May 2018
    PRS Singlecut,  PRS DGT,  PRS Double Cut Triple Soapy,  PRS CU22.
    Fender John Mayer Stratocaster, 1965 Fender Stratocaster, Fender LTD ED Custom Shop Stratocaster, 1987 Kinman Blueprint Stratocaster

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My MJT Super Heavy relic. I loaded it with Klein Epic 1959 pickups. It sounds freakin' awesome.

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My first MJT relic build. The fingerboard is Brazilian Walnut reclaimed from the Coney Island boardwalk. Pickups are Klein Jazzy Cats.
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My latest MJT relic build project.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    My Gretsch
    My Eastman.  Chinese made hollowbody. Carved top and bottom. This thing is insanely good. I can play things on this guitar that I can't do on any of the others.
    edited May 2018
    My latest acquisition - a 1969 Gibson Les Paul Goldtop. It's just had a major refurbish. Refretted with stainless steel, inlays reglued as they were cupping badly, fingerboard re-radiused and  bridge/tailpiece replaced . This guitar sounds AMAZING!!  The luthier who did the refret said the fingerboard is a very rare 'amazonian' rosewood. (?)
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    edited May 2018
    Some of mine 
    https://i.imgur.com/d5dkHI1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/yu6Esi2.jpg

Thinned down the collection a tad 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom