SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Jam buddies, Newcastle / North East

Hi folks, 

I'm relatively new, been playing since December and only recently started playing with others. I've found that now I've started doing that I'm progressing much quicker and learning new things. 

Sadly I don't have any regular people to play with, it's all a bit ad hoc so I'm on the hunt for a more regular thing. 

If there's anyone who wouldn't mind putting up with fairly green, overly tall, relocated southerner joining them please get in touch! 

Chris

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Hey man, I'm from around there but I'm snowed under with stuff at the minute and couldn't really spare the time as such. But I do know a few jam nights across the Newcastle area where you could turn up and have a bash. What sort of area are you thinking about? Try and get on the Facebook group "musicians from the North East", there's always some interesting stuff listed on there. 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Hey thanks for the reply. As it happens, I've now got a little group for jam sessions at Sound Inc in Blaydon once a week. Playing with others has really helped. I'm on the fb group you mentioned too but it's pretty quiet.

• Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm based in Tyne & Wear and am looking to get into playing with other actual human beings instead of Youtube backing tracks! 

I've had a 17 year(!) hiatus from playing with others, and only just got into playing/practising properly in the past few months. Anyone know of anyone who'd be happy/patient enough to let a relative novice loose with their band or jam session?! 
  • Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm based in Tyne & Wear and am looking to get into playing with other actual human beings instead of Youtube backing tracks! 

I've had a 17 year(!) hiatus from playing with others, and only just got into playing/practising properly in the past few months. Anyone know of anyone who'd be happy/patient enough to let a relative novice loose with their band or jam session?! 
    Me and a few rank amateurs often get together at the studio in Blaydon for a jam. You'd be welcome to join us mate

Me and a few rank amateurs often get together at the studio in Blaydon for a jam. You'd be welcome to join us mate
    Cheers! "Rank amateurs" - excellent, sounds like I'll fit in nicely!  =)

What sort of stuff do you play? And do you have a regular slot or is it just an ad hoc arrangement? 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    edited August 2017
    We just arrange it every now and then depending on who's available. 

We have a little Facebook group to keep tabs so if you send me a pm I'll link you into that

• PM'd.  :)
  • If you need a singer, and you play rock or metal, let me know.