Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Quite disappointed in Soundtoys deals, I've seen Echoboy cheaper. Nothing's got me twitching yet, except maybe Blackhole. Was hoping FabFilter EQ would go lower than it has, too.
    Fabfilter doesnt go that low..i jsut bit the bullet and bought at i think 25% off in the mixing bundle last year
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Acustica Audio have a sale! Pink2 could be on my radar! I've been using the demo non-stop, it's great!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Damn! Softube Trident A-range EQ on Musician's Friend for $23 but it's only for Americans. Weep. I would be on that so fast...
  • I went for a couple of Eventides the other day, the Tverb Bowie Heroes effect, and an Octavox as I understand I can import midi tunes to use as the harmony to my vocals and guitar which should be good fun.

Then I accidentally went on the NI sale site as well and now seem to have bought the Jazz Bass instrument, the Indian instruments set, and a string ensemble. Why why why
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Izotope have a very good deal on 3 bundles.
    o8/n2 standard for 130usd if you go via plugindiscount 

And then two bundles of synth n stutter for 49
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    edited November 2018
    Not a plugin per se ... but ...

30% off first year with ComposerCloud X.  Best samples out there in my opinion, best subscription I've ever taken.  Yes, even better than Fleshlight Fanciers Fortnightly ...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • https://www.audiority.com have some good discounts. They've got a really nice echorec style plugin called Echoes T7E. It sounds fantastic.

https://d16.pl/ are also doing Black Friday discounts. I highly recommend their plugin called Repeater if you don't already have it.

And https://www.audiodamage.com/ also have discounts available right now.
  • Izotope have a very good deal on 3 bundles.

I don't understand why as a Neutron 1 Advanced owner, my upgrade path to O8N2 is $399... and complete n00bs to the platform can get involved for half that. Okay, yes it's standard versus advanced. But I don't even have an upgrade to O8N2 Standard in my account. It simply isn't available. :-/

Izotope and IK Multimedia are the two companies who never make sense to me when it comes to upgrade pricing and customer loyalty.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11790
    Izotope have a very good deal on 3 bundles.

I don't understand why as a Neutron 1 Advanced owner, my upgrade path to O8N2 is $399... and complete n00bs to the platform can get involved for half that. Okay, yes it's standard versus advanced. But I don't even have an upgrade to O8N2 Standard in my account. It simply isn't available. :-/

Izotope and IK Multimedia are the two companies who never make sense to me when it comes to upgrade pricing and customer loyalty.
    email them, ask for the new user price plus an extra discount
    I've had positive experiences with some vendors
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited November 2018

email them, ask for the new user price plus an extra discount
    I've had positive experiences with some vendors
    I have actually done that in the past with Izotope when no upgrade showed in my account despite having a few plugs. I just got the standard upgrade single license deal coupon - they don’t seem to do any kind of dynamic discounting.

With IK it really makes it pointless individually buying packs/models when max upgrades/crossgrades are so cheap in sale periods.

I have one single T-Racks plug, but because I own Amplitube I get the same upgrade price to T-Racks 5 Max as someone who owns all but a few modules 
    edited November 2018

cheapest 08/n2 bundle I can see is $308

ah found it now
    https://plugindiscounts.com/product/izotope-mix-master-bundle/

• Waves Sibilance de-esser is currently free (Black Friday deal). Just downloaded it and it's brilliant.  It even handles a harsh Scottish accent really well
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    edited November 2018
    Free H-Comp from Waves - https://www.waves.com/free 
  • Soundtoys have switched up some of their deals for Cyber Monday - nothing's taking my fancy just yet, but they are better than the BF deals, IMO.

• Waves Sibilance de-esser is currently free (Black Friday deal). Just downloaded it and it's brilliant.  It even handles a harsh Scottish accent really well
    Worth trying the Airwindows De-esser too, it's free and good!

• I've snapped up a couple today; Waves SSL G-Master Bus Compressor, and Softube Tape, the latter of which also came with Izotope Neutron Elements for free. 

Pretty pleased. 

As ever, to anyone who doesnt already own Soundtoys 5, have a word with yourself. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Seeing as this thread has been murdering my inbox; I may as well contribute:

https://goodhertz.co/ probably make my favourite plugs along with Fabfilter. Currently 25% off. The Vulf Comp is truly excellent 

I've snapped up a couple today; Waves SSL G-Master Bus Compressor, and Softube Tape, the latter of which also came with Izotope Neutron Elements for free. 

Pretty pleased. 

As ever, to anyone who doesnt already own Soundtoys 5, have a word with yourself. 
    I bought soundtoys
    I'm sure it's technically possible to create those patches/FX from what I have, but would take weeks

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited November 2018
    I've snapped up a couple today; Waves SSL G-Master Bus Compressor, and Softube Tape, the latter of which also came with Izotope Neutron Elements for free. 

Pretty pleased. 

I bought soundtoys
    I'm sure it's technically possible to create those patches/FX from what I have, but would take weeks

I got EchoBoy, FilterFreak, Microshift and Little Plate. Now I'm being tempted by a low upgrade price for the full set. One thing I've noticed is that they seem to have some latency, so I'll tend to add them post tracking.

I got Microshift because I know that Alan Murphy used an AMS DMX in recording the guitar parts for the first Go West album. Until now I've been using Schwa's CMX for that effect but I still need to do a comparison with Microshift. I notice Microshift has a lot lower latency than CMX.

It's not a competition.