Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    octatonic said:
    Crazy low Waves prices again.
    You can get Horizon for $274.50- half price from -$549, the current discount price which is down from $4k a few years ago.

You're a STAR @octatonic! Thanks for the reminder. I'd completely forgotten about the Waves products.
    Currently the full blown version of Wave Tune is available for the insanely low price of $30.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Just a heads up that there's some very good deals on SoundToys plugins.

If you haven't used any, I'd describe them as being as good as plugins can be at the moment - as top notch as they come.
    Freebird said:
    I grabbed the Arturia upgrade. Been wanting to do that for a few years but never got round to it.

Think I'll skip the NI upgrade right now, not using much of that stuff at the mo.
    Have you tried using Nebula with your soft synths? I am currently running some tests and they seem to sound less sterile/digital. That's what put me off off VST synths when compared to my analogue synths. I'm trying to enhance my Kemper signal chain too.
    If you want something that truly sounds analogue try out U-He's Diva.
  • It rapes the CPU though doesn't it!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    It rapes the CPU though doesn't it!
    Select the multiple-cpu option  :)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2019
    thegummy said:
    If you want something that truly sounds analogue try out U-He's Diva.
    I'd could alway find something in my Nebula box of tricks to give the sound a little bit of something, even if it's a tape effect. That Henry Olonga was a madman 
    Freebird said:
    Select the multiple-cpu option  :)
    It is very intense aye but it's because it's so detailed in its emulation rather than from not being optimised well.

Multi-CPU definitely helps, always wondered why it's there as an option rather than just always on. Think I maybe found out the reason once but forgot it, or maybe not lol.
    edited November 2019
    thegummy said:
    Freebird said:
    Select the multiple-cpu option 
    It is very intense aye but it's because it's so detailed in its emulation rather than from not being optimised well.

Multi-CPU definitely helps, always wondered why it's there as an option rather than just always on. Think I maybe found out the reason once but forgot it, or maybe not lol.
    I tend to bounce all my soft synths fairly early, with a splash of Nebula juice baked in. Reaper has got a fantastic freeze option, which makes it all very simple to keep on top of.
    Freebird said:
    thegummy said:
    Freebird said:
    Select the multiple-cpu option 

I tend to bounce all my soft synths fairly early, with a splash of Nebula juice baked in. Reaper has got a fantastic freeze option, which makes it all very simple to keep on top of.
    Reaper does make this very easy but I do still like to have as much live processing as possible, it's a nice luxury being able to change anything without going back. In the new year I'm planning on putting together a new 12 core beast to hopefully be able to avoid freezing anything.

Probably wouldn't be possible with many instances of Diva, even on a powerful PC, but I don't actually have Diva - I was just blown away when I tried it. Can't justify the price since I've re-invented myself from a keyboard player to a guitarist but if I ever was to buy another synth Diva would be top of the list.
    edited November 2019
    thegummy said:
    Probably wouldn't be possible with many instances of Diva, even on a powerful PC, but I don't actually have Diva - I was just blown away when I tried it. Can't justify the price since I've re-invented myself from a keyboard player to a guitarist but if I ever was to buy another synth Diva would be top of the list.
    Diva & Omnisphere are probably all that you need. Some of those Roland synths are nice, but a bit finicky. The TAL-U-No-LX is a worthy Roland backup though.
    Freebird said:
    thegummy said:
    Diva & Omnisphere are probably all that you need. Some of those Roland synths are nice, but a bit finicky. The TAL-U-No-LX is a worthy Roland backup though.
    Omnisphere is the one I have and it's absolutely perfect for what I use it for - adding extra keyboard parts to guitar based songs.

If I was going back to keyboard as the main instrument I'd like to have Diva as well though.
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Argh. I caved and bought Soundtoys 5...!
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6256

I bought Waves Gold bundle and also te F6 dynamic EQ.

A while ago I bought Komplete Ultimate 11 upgrade in a sale, 150 quid I think, and two years on I haven't installed it and still use 9!

I resisted all things Heavyocity.

I am trying to restrain myself as I have so many VSTs that I don't use.

So I went and bought 43 more...…...facepalm

• kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Output have 25% off. Went for portal, bought the bundle...

https://output.com/
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    kjdowd said:

Signal is an amazing synth. If only I could stretch to the bundle... Jealous
    edited December 2019
    kjdowd said:

Movement and Portal are two of my secret weapons for manipulating sound during my reamping games, but don't tell anybody. You can get to weird and wonderful very quickly!  
  • kjdowd said:

Oh... I wish I hadn't seen that... looks really cool!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    I keep lusting after Omnisphere 2.6, especially now I have Jam Origin sorted :)
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    Omnisphere is great :) I got some nice soundsets for it from Triple Spiral Audio a few weeks ago.
    It is years since I bought it however I found Juno was the cheapest place to get Omnisphere, use their chat to ask for the best price. Service is good and they ship quickly. I don't think Spectrasonics ever do sales.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22096
    edited December 2019
    So I bought...

TAL Bassline 101 - new update is great. Sequencer giving MIDI output and drag and drop MIDI patterns is superb. TAL Mod and U-NO-LX are in the wants list. 

Aberrant DSP SketchCassette - https://aberrantdsp.com/plugins/sketchcassette/

Arturia V Collection 7 and u-He's Repro.

Going to use my tip jar in 2020 for things. The Drop by Chronic, VSL special edition 1, maybe a new interface. 

Couldn't justify the upgrade to Live. 9 Suite works fine.