Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Plugin Deals and Discussion Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 972
    Thanks for this @colourofsound - for some reason I involuntarily popped Scaler2 into my basket too ;) 
    I was tempted too. It's around £43 atm isn't it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    edited June 2020
    The standalone version (no bundled bits) was £39.95. It was @stratman3142 's SOTM backing this month that alerted me to it. Just what I need to give my own stuff a kick up the arse. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Let us know how you get on with your it @mudslide73 ;

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    duotone said:
    Let us know how you get on with your it @mudslide73 ;

I think it's excellent and used it to help get ideas for the backing chords for this month's SotM60. I updated from Scaler 1, so the update cost was a bit of a no brainer for me. I'm pretty sure I used Scaler 1 to help create chord sequences for at least one previous SotM.

It's not a competition.
    edited June 2020
    duotone said:
    Let us know how you get on with your it @mudslide73 ;;

I think it's excellent and used it to help get ideas for the backing chords for this month's SotM60. I updated from Scaler 1, so the update cost was a bit of a no brainer for me. I'm pretty sure I used Scaler 1 to help create chord sequences for at least one previous SotM.

I’m not sure if I would get much use out of it as I use EZkeys and rarely play my midi keyboard.  I will watch the YouTube clips from the other thread. https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/181901/

duotone said:
    duotone said:
    Let us know how you get on with your it @mudslide73 ;;

I’m not sure if I would get much use out of it as I use EZkeys and rarely play my midi keyboard.  I will watch the YouTube clips from the other thread. https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/181901/

If you've got your own ideas for music you want to create you might not find much use for it. For the SotM challenges I try to think up new styles, that are not necessarily in areas I'm familiar with. It's a quick way of helping to generate ideas for that purpose.

It's not a competition.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    I don't have any other kbd plugins and find midi programming clunky. My keyboard playing is non existent too. I've had about 40 mins on it and it's good so far - dead easy to get progressions and decent sounds into a project. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

edited June 2020
    I ended up buying Komplete Ultimate during a previous offer, then have upgraded since. It looks expensive (even at the discount price) but I reckon I would have saved myself a lot of money on plugins if I'd got it in the first place.

Edit: just noticed that it only appears to be a discount on the upgrade price. If you're a first time buyer, occasional discounts come around on the full price IIRC, which are worth looking out for.

It's not a competition.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2377
    edited July 2020
    New Neural plugin released, with a discount.... and it's not high gainz!!! Wish there was a discount on the Fortin Cali plugin.
  • jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    UAD sale ending tomorrow, heads up. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7273
    Trackspacer is on sale, is it worth it?

What does it actually do, is it just a fancy ducking compressor? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Trackspacer is on sale, is it worth it?

It's very good. It's a transparent multi-band dynamic EQ. Carve your tones. Setup sidechain routing for kick+bass and bass+guitars, and carve out little bits of space for each instrument. Works great.

Bye!

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited July 2020
    Trackspacer is on sale, is it worth it?

It's very good. It's a transparent multi-band dynamic EQ. Carve your tones. Setup sidechain routing for kick+bass and bass+guitars, and carve out little bits of space for each instrument. Works great.
    A.k.a. "frequency slotting" which is a good skill to learn

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited July 2020
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • BodBod Frets: 1286
    Free copy of Reason Lite Rack Plugin for with any purchase at Plugin Boutique - https://www.pluginboutique.com/articles/1613 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Not exactly a deal because they just are this price, But I've picked up the SKNote A25, which is their take on the API2500. It's really good - more character & attitude than the waves version.

Their Neve preamp is also awesome - I prefer its saturation to the IK, Black Rooster, and Lindell/ PA Neve 73 style preamps.

They are a... strange... company, but when they're firing on all cylinders they release some really cool stuff. I also have their DBX165 emulation, but since I almost never want 15dB of over-easy compression, it doesn't get used much.
  • Deals on Eventide Undulator and the new shimmer verb, both sound class. $19 and $39 respectively on the Eventide site.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    So has it been a bit quiet on the plugin front then guys?
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    duotone said:
    So has it been a bit quiet on the plugin front then guys?
    The only thing I got in the last few months was a tape emulation freebie from blackroosteraudio, through Focusrite's plugin collective:

https://focusrite.com/en/news/plug-collective-black-rooster-audio

I did have issues getting it to work though, so I don't know if its any good, but BRA's stuff should be decent. 
  • Waiting for Eventide spring to go down in price!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922