Has anyone ever used a company called Auxillis for a non fault car accident?

CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
Had a coach scrape along the entire drivers side of my car this morning...

The other side "seem" to have accepted the blame, but their insurers won't provide me with a hire car.  Admiral then recommended this company Auxillis, who seemingly handle the lot (repair and hire car) and then claim the costs back from the other party.  Only way I could be on the hook is if I have acted fraudulently.

As it seems to be too good to be true, I thought I would see if anyone on here had used them?  They have a reasonable score on trust pilot.

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24269
    This is called "Credit Hire" because effectively you are having the hire car on credit and then instead of you being billed they send the invoice to the guilty party. Your name is still on the invoice though.

I don't know Auxillis, but I do know Admiral. And although like every other insurer they are in the giant bucket of filth I am usually far less annoyed by them than many of the others.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I got my car hire covered automatically AND re-imbursed by cheque once. I just took that as karma and said nowt.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Thanks.

I've gone with them.  Car picked up this afternoon as hire car arriving tomorrow, so far quite a good service.

Now to bend over and wait for the inevitable shafting...
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    My wife and I have both used Auxillis via Admiral in the last year in relation to non-fault accidents (car hit while parked on both occasions).

The car hire process all went very smoothly and they didn't try to hit us for any extra costs - the hire cost was recovered from the other party's insurers. We were perfectly happy with the whole experience.  

From what I can tell, Admiral only use Auxillis for clear non-fault cases so you shouldn't have any problems provided you complete all of the paperwork properly.

@rich75  sorry to hear you had two incidents in a year to deal with!

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you remember how long it took to get your cars back?
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

Yes I have.

Used them last year for a non fault accident. Despite the third party admitting liability and paying me back my excess they've still not paid back my insurance company and they're taking them to court. It's now getting a bit messy and I'm beginning to worry they're going to bill me for the hire car whilst mine was in for repair.

I've had to send of 3 months of bank statements and all sorts of other gubbins to demonstrate I couldn't' have afforded the hire car myself at the time.

@gubble

Sorry to hear that!

The hire car is my main worry.  We have another car but my wife wasn't willing to be slightly inconvenienced to avoid the issue...

I was told over the phone that the only way they can charge you is if you have acted fraudulently, which you haven't, so I hope it works out. 

Did they hey at least get your car back on the road in good time?
    they did yes. I had a couple of issues with the appointed garage (the wheel alignment was out after the shunt and also they replaced the badges on the tailgate with the wrong model). But Auxillis themselves were very good and helpful
    So positives and negatives then.

How long did you have the hire car for? 

2 weeks.

Mine had to be taken from me for the repair straight away as the seatbelt had broken so it was unsafe to drive.

Hire car dropped off and picked up from work with zero issues.

• rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    CHrisP86 said:
    @rich75  sorry to hear you had two incidents in a year to deal with!

Thanks for your feedback.

Do you remember how long it took to get your cars back?

No problem.

I think my wife's car took about four days and mine was only in for a couple of days. In both cases we were able to collect the hire car from the place that was doing the repairs and then leave it there when the work was finished. The repairer then made the arrangements with Auxillis for the hire car to go back. 

It was all quite straightforward really and neither of us had any issues or complaints with Auxillis or their chosen repairer.

Well looks like the repair on my car is a 10 working day job...

Think i'll send the hire car back anyway as I can probably just about get by without it.