SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Floyd Rose push in arms - in stock at Feline guitars

What's Hot

Comments

• andyp said:
    @FelineGuitars ;

Sorry for the daft question, but I’m not exactly sure what these look like.

Do these push fit arms literally just push in and pull out without screwing the collar onto the thread? I’m wondering about these as I am a bit worried about how well the stock arm fitting will last on my new Charvel Pro-Mod as I am wanting to take it to my lessons every week and don’t want to leave the arm on in the gig bag. If these just push in and pull out then I think it sounds like it would last better and be less faff, but if they are more permanent style not really designed for lots of taking on and off then I’m probably better off sticking with the standard one.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks.

Andy
    They are push in type, the grub screw allows you to tighten in place.. which of course you don't have to do...

here is the original website... https://floydrose.com/products/frtapi?variant=29837630034

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Sorry - hadn't realised the pictures had disappeared . Have restored them again at top of page 
    One here for immediate viewing

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Thanks guys.

I'm struggling a little bit to picture how that fits on, does the smaller section with the lock nut fit onto the trem unit so the arm can then just be pushed in and pulled out of that instead of the stock "hole"? It might make more sense when I get home later and see the guitar in front of me...
    tFB Trader
    Take old fitting out , leaving a hole 
    Take the nut off the new unit and push the fitting through the hole from the top till the ridged section bites into the baseplate
    Fix the nut on from underneath and tighten with a 1.2" spanner till it all locks tight
    Arm will push in from the top
    Grub screw on the side determines the tightness of the fit for the arm (it will be very snug to begin with)

On my own arm I took a little off the very bottom of the down part of the arm because I liked the bar to sit lower than others may like. No harm in adjusting to taste if needed.

Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Brilliant, thanks @FelineGuitars ;

Sounds worth a go to me. I've only had the guitar for 10 days or so but I want to figure out the setting up etc. of the Floyd and want to restring it sometime soon, sounds worth doing this all in one go. I'd like to order one of these, I'll go and find it on your site. :)

I'll now go and look up the best way to restring a Floyd...  :o

tFB Trader
    Xmas update 
    3 left in black , 2 in Gold and 8 in chrome

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Will these Genuine Floyd Rose collars retrofit into the baseplate of the infamous Jackson JT-6?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    tFB Trader
    Yes , but may need a tiny bit of reaming on the baseplate which isn't hard - the plate is not great metal and drills or reams easily. Careful not to overdo the hole size.

tFB Trader
    Yes , but may need a tiny bit of reaming on the baseplate which isnt hard - the plate is not great metal

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    the plate is not great metal
    None of the metal in the Jackson JT-6 is great.  :s
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    tFB Trader
    the plate is not great metal
    None of the metal in the Jackson JT-6 is great.  :s
    However I put an upgraded cold rolled steel block on my JT6 and greatly improved it.
    A big plus point on the JT6 is that it has Gibson String spacing 10.5mm between strings, so good for a narrow neck

tFB Trader
    Current stock levels of the push in arms
    chrome 6
    gold 2
     black 1

tFB Trader
    more stock just come in 
    chrome 6
    gold 2
     black 6

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7006
    tFB Trader
    Do you have a chrome arm available please?
    tFB Trader
    Do you have a chrome arm available please?
    Yup ...last one for now . Must order some more

• RoadStar666RoadStar666 Frets: 29
    edited January 2019
    What size are they? Need a 5.5 gold push in one
    tFB Trader
    The bushing fitting fits a 10mm hole in the floyd baseplate - it's best to use it's own fitting for best fit

tFB Trader
    We've got some left handed ones in chrome now too

• Do you have any of these available now? Chrome or black would be fine for me...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

tFB Trader
    Do you have any of these available now? Chrome or black would be fine for me...
    Both those in stock now