2x12 cab, Series or parallel?

I have a 16 Ohm 2x12 cab (without opening I'm guessing 2 8 ohm speakers wired in series). What I am wondering is, I have an amp (valve combo, converted into a head) which I would like to use with this speaker cab but it only has a 4 or 8 ohm output. Are there any issues converting this cab to parallel wiring from series to allow me to use it with the amp? I've done the realevant calculations, all I'm concerned about is would it cause any issues with the amp?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72242
    It will be fine - it will give you a 4-ohm cab. The only problem is if you ever want to run it together with another cab.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I don't forsee needing to run it with another cab, but 10 minutes with a soldering iron can return it back to 16 ohms I suppose.