NGD with crazy wiring mod

http://i.imgur.com/EDM14jE.jpg

Vintage V100 Gold Top. I think it's a pre Wilkinson era model, so am guessing early 2000s perhaps...

I raised the action a tad and stretched the strings properly, which I was informed were new but 'needed time to settle in'.

It plays and sounds great, but to cut a long story short, it has some sort of wiring mod that means all pots bar the bridge volume knob are redundant. When the switch is in the bridge position, the HB acts as normal, as does the volume control. The middle position though, seems to select just the mini HB. The early stages of the bridge volume control will increase volume on the mini HB but wil then suddenly put it out of phase for that nasal quacky sound. Flicking the switch to the neck position simply gives you the mini HB at one volume setting (now the same volume control does nothing whatsoever. Again, the other volume and tone controls are totally redundant.

The sounds on offer are great, but I may look to wire it in the conventional way before long - it really threw me when I first plugged it in!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• On closer inspection yesterday, this guitar was originally routed for two mini HBs, but the bridge aperture was enlarged later on to accommodate a full sized bucker. The wiring is still a bit of a potch, so although I like the out of phase sound, I think I'll rewire the guitar this weekend as a standard LP, and maybe later on add a push pull switch for the out of phase setting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom