Please help me pick...

Tex MexicoTex Mexico Frets: 1196
I need your advice, friends -

I'm looking for a new amp. I've been playing a Fender Blues DeVille for a while, but whilst there are many things to love about it I found myself getting a little frustrated with it, for instance how it doesn't have much low-end, it's not all that tight and when I drive it hard the tone gets a bit too messy. It also has too much headroom for my Tele but not enough for my Les Paul, if that makes any sense.

I traded it for a JVM410 halfstack, mostly because the deal was really good, and perhaps unsurprisingly I've found that it's really not for me. It's got more channels than I'll ever use, it's too high-gain, it's too modern.

So I'm looking around for potential trades (I've so far been offered dozens of JCM900s and JCM2000s, no thanks) but I also reckon I might see if I can sell it, which would leave me with maybe £600 or so to spend.

The idea is to get an amp head. I need a low-powered one so I can gain it up at not-insane volumes. I'm thinking a single channel and do everything with pedals, unless there's a nice two-channel amp out there that does 'A: a bit crunchy/B: a bit more crunchy'. I like the look of the JTM45 (kind of Bassman/Plexi - best of both worlds, which is what I reckon I want), so maybe something like that, but is there anything else I should be looking at, in a similar price range?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3319
    You really should try the prs se range, ive been blown away with the tones im getting from my se20 and at low house/wife friendly volumes, the clean channel alone woud do what your asking then theres the added bonus of a drive channel that cleans up great, plus nevada music are doing the head for £399! Bargin!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom