Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Post Jam Photos, Videos and Chat Thread!

What's Hot

Comments

• horse said:
    I've no problem with anything I'm on going online - I know there's something daft I got wrong in 2 run throughs of the same song, but am hoping it might be buried in the mix - sorry to the other players if not!  Certainly not bothered about any of my mistakes or jaded attempts at soloing being 'out there' though
    I thought all of your soloing was pretty "out there" man ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2216
    Oh, and @slacker - have you started any internet searches for a Pre-CBS P bass yet?
    Not yet. Thanks for letting me play it. I hoped I looked happier than you did playing it. 

To be fair I did see you smile you just were not in front of a camera. 
  • bigjon said:

My main constructive suggestion for improvement to next year is to have a longer period of feedback beforehand deciding what songs are going to be played, eg two weeks with a longlist on a Google drive spreadsheet, we could vote on which ones we ourselves would like to practise and perform, and the songs for the day could be selected from that depending on how popular they were.

I was thinking this morning (had to take ibup's after due to headache :) ) that if possible every attending member gets to nominate a song, then the songs go into a vote to pick the required number of songs being performed..

was just a thought
  • slacker said:
    Oh, and @slacker - have you started any internet searches for a Pre-CBS P bass yet?
    Not yet. Thanks for letting me play it. I hoped I looked happier than you did playing it. 

Hah - always the way ;) 

I doubt anyone would believe you - but I did smile, promise!
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    edited September 2017
    horse said:
    I've no problem with anything I'm on going online - I know there's something daft I got wrong in 2 run throughs of the same song, but am hoping it might be buried in the mix - sorry to the other players if not!  Certainly not bothered about any of my mistakes or jaded attempts at soloing being 'out there' though
    I thought all of your soloing was pretty "out there" man
    At least you know I am capable of doing something more inspired / interesting! I'm okay with keyboard solos when I prep them, but have always found guitar much more natural for improv noodling - I think it is bends / vibrato that makes it feel different for me - well that and well trodden cliches!
  • slacker said:

Hah - always the way ;) 

By the way, @slacker - you haven't got any vintage Fender tuning machine shaped bruises on your head, have you?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    edited September 2017
    horse said:
    horse said:
    At least you know I am capable of doing something more inspired / interesting! I'm okay with keyboard solos when I prep them, but have always found guitar much more natural for improv noodling - I think it is bends / vibrato that makes it feel different for me - well that and well trodden cliches!
    I don't think anyone can doubt your abilities on keys after yesterday.. I'd say your playing was essential for the rounded accomplished sound we managed.
  • TTony said:
    aord43 said:
    Not sure who's responsible for the video but, per pre-jam discussion regarding permission/veto, I am fine with video of my performances being released, if the others are OK with it. That's Mustang Sally #2 and Sunshine of Your Love #2.
    @digitalscream - I believe his intention is to chop the video up and distribute to those playing, who can then choose to keep, destroy etc. 

@digitalscream - how about we (as in, mainly you)

1. Chop the video up into the individual songs
    2. Sync the sound
    3. Upload to our YT channel in private mode
    4. Create a new - temp - section here, accessible only to those who played on any of the tracks
    5. Publish a link to the tracks in that section (thread per song perhaps)
    6. Collate the release approvals in each thread
    7. Release to the wide open world
    If you're happy doing 1, 2 & 3, I'll deal with 4, 5, 6 & 7

??
    Sounds like a good plan.

Fair warning to everyone - I've got 32GB of video and 8GB of audio to go through, and I'm decorating the lounge this week. It might be a week or two before it's all ready to go.

I'll probably end up tweaking the audio a reasonable amount too (probably just compression and EQ), but I'll also keep an ear out for any amusing/embarrassing conversations held near the mics... ;)
    <space for hire>
    slacker said:

Hah - always the way ;) 

By the way, @slacker - you haven't got any vintage Fender tuning machine shaped bruises on your head, have you?
    No but I'm thinking that hardhats might be mandatory for any of the stand in bassists next year. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sounds like a good plan.

Fair warning to everyone - I've got 32GB of video and 8GB of audio to go through, and I'm decorating the lounge this week.

so 1/2 hr decorating, couple of hours editing.... maybe ready after Songs of Praise then??

:D:D:D:D:0
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slacker said:
    slacker said:

Hah - always the way ;) 

No but I'm thinking that hardhats might be mandatory for any of the stand in bassists next year. 
    I have also developed a new relicing technique ;)
    horse said:
    horse said:
    I don't think anyone can doubt your abilities on keys after yesterday.. I'd say your playing was essential for the rounded accomplished sound we managed.
    Having listened to Alright Now many times more than I would like to admit. You nailed the piano part and it just lifts the song. As the stand in (stand up) bassist, whose played more bands and for more years than I would like to admit; it was a pleasure to play in a band with you and James. The band dialogue was  good and we all got each other through the bad bits. I went completely AWOL at times. 

I've been jaded on bass for a number of years but really enjoyed yesterday 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slacker said:
    slacker said:

Hah - always the way ;) 

It's just the guitars that are supposed to be relic'd...not the bass players themselves

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slacker said:
    slacker said:

Hah - always the way ;) 

It's just the guitars that are supposed to be relic'd...not the bass players themselves
    Shit. I need a refin then
  • slacker said:
    horse said:
    Having listened to Alright Now many times more than I would like to admit. You nailed the piano part and it just lifts the song. As the stand in (stand up) bassist, whose played more bands and for more years than I would like to admit; it was a pleasure to play in a band with you and James. The band dialogue was  good and we all got each other through the bad bits. I went completely AWOL at times. 

I've been jaded on bass for a number of years but really enjoyed yesterday 
    I have the pleasure of playing with @horse in a band and I can tell you now, his playing and musical awareness makes me sound a lot better than I have any right to...
  • slacker said:
    slacker said:

Hah - always the way ;) 

Shit. I need a refin then
    That's not relicing, it's natural aging due to being played with too much (or not enough) ...could do with a happier "head stock" maybe

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's not relicing, it's natural aging due to being played with too much (or not enough) ...could do with a happier "head stock" maybe
    Just as long as it's not an Epiphone or a Hockey Stick
  • I know we said no awards but I just had to..

@TTony

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I know we said no awards but I just had to..

@TTony

He also gets "Best Bass Playing Newcomer".

Actually, he gets "Never even picked up a bass before and did a good impression of sounding good on his first ever try"

• I'll probably end up tweaking the audio a reasonable amount too
    Feel free to autotune everything I "sang" ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom