Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    :-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    impmann said:

The Goldtop may not be joining us... the switch is playing up and I may not have a chance to fix it in time. :-( 
    Well, I'm not coming then.

Just kidding. 

Bring the Goldtop with you @impmann and I'll fix it.  Obvs, I won't be able to fix it on the day, so I'll need to bring it away with me, but I'll get it back you real quick.

Ish.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    impmann said:
    Is there not a code to get into those doors, Mark? I thought there was...

Regarding noise levels - I agree with @Bridgehouse that Leicester was quietish so can we all agree to keep it like that... no cranking amps to get ‘that sound’.

I agree with this with one small proviso.

At some point in the day I'd like to resolve once and for all the "how loud is a Boss Katana 50" question, with enough people (earplugs or not) in the room to give a sensible opinion! :) 
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Also, I dont know what anyone wants to do about pics or video but i do have a camera in my car, so we could do some videos of performances if anyone wants any?
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Also, I dont know what anyone wants to do about pics or video but i do have a camera in my car, so we could do some videos of performances if anyone wants any?
    I'm trying not to think of it as a "performance" :)
    Although having a recording, whether audio-only or video, would be useful.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    I’ll be recording it all with a zoom H4N - it will help me to listen back and see where I need to improve. If we can keep log of what was played when and by who, I could chop up the recording and distribute if needed, but it won’t be available straight away as I’m having a rest from Jam organising after Sunday!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    I’ll be recording it all with a zoom H4N - it will help me to listen back and see where I need to improve. If we can keep log of what was played when and by who, I could chop up the recording and distribute if needed, but it won’t be available straight away as I’m having a rest from Jam organising after Sunday!
    Well deserved no doubt!

I'll bring the camera can get some "action shots" if nothing else! 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
     @darthed1981

I'll be ready from 11am.
    Just whatsapp or give me a call when you're outside.
    I've got 3 guitar cases and a GT100 in a case, that's it, nothing studip. ( ;) )
    Alnico said:
     @darthed1981

I'll be ready from 11am.
    Just whatsapp or give me a call when you're outside.
    I've got 3 guitar cases and a GT100 in a case, that's it, nothing studip. ( ;) )
    No worries should be plenty of room for those @Alnico ;
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6793
    Ive created click intros to all the drum backing tracks now (Alive, Basket Case and Ever Fallen) - if you want a copy in advance let me know via PM with your email addresses.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    I would like to join @darthed1981 in conducting a sonic test on what my Matchless can produce when cranked (I am unable to do this at home)
    Brocco said:
    I would like to join @darthed1981 in conducting a sonic test on what my Matchless can produce when cranked (I am unable to do this at home)
    If its anything like the Lightning 15 from the Leicester Jam... awesomeness is the best description. It certinaly flattered my playing.

On the subject of which...

I'm struggling to sing Champagne Supernova and play the verse rhythm. On the record there are at least three guitars (Bonehead, Noel and Weller) so I'd really welcome someone else coming in on the verse. The riffs and the chorus is no problem... and I can do 'bits' of the verse and sing but one or the other suffers...

Any assistance would be welcomed. :-)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    I can strum along @impmann - if you're asking for help with the verse rhythm rather than the singing?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    impmann said:
    Brocco said:
    If its anything like the Lightning 15 from the Leicester Jam... awesomeness is the best description. It certinaly flattered my playing.

I'm struggling to sing Champagne Supernova and play the verse rhythm. On the record there are at least three guitars (Bonehead, Noel and Weller) so I'd really welcome someone else coming in on the verse. The riffs and the chorus is no problem... and I can do 'bits' of the verse and sing but one or the other suffers...

I'll do my best to help with vocals.
    TTony said:
    I can strum along @impmann - if you're asking for help with the verse rhythm rather than the singing?
    Sounds perfect. :-)

Alnico said:
    impmann said:
    Brocco said:

Thanks Mark - I can see this becoming a joint effort! :-)

impmann said:
    Alnico said:
    impmann said:
    Brocco said:

I can certainly play the rhythm parts (well, probably badly, but its Oasis) and happy to join in some singing.  As you say the song usually has at least three guitar parts, in the latter part of the solo these are overdubbed like mad as well.

Lots of solo to play as well, depending on who wants to play solos!
    edited December 2017
    impmann said:
    Alnico said:
    impmann said:
    Brocco said:

I can summon up just enough "twang" to sound 'Gallagher-ish".

To be honest I'll be so short on practice I'll be pleased if I don't get equipment thrown at me for not making more time for it.
    If I can help out in any way it's really only through redemption and self-preservation. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Would anyone notice if I just played random crap for basslines?
    Would anyone notice if I just played random crap for basslines?
    I would. :-)