Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fretboard Jam - North Edition - Sasquatch Studios - Huddersfield - 27th January 2018 - SONG LIST UP!

What's Hot

Comments

• drwiddly said:
    My band has just taken a booking for that night in Bradford (it's going to be a loooong day!). If anyone fancies coming along, let me know and I'll post details.
    I was planning to hang around and "host" anyone that wants to hang out after the jam but if nobody's around I may be up for that...depending on how pissed I get during the day! (Pssst... Bob has beer!) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    Lol! I'll be driving so no beer for me, sadly. :-(
  • drwiddly said:
    Lol! I'll be driving so no beer for me, sadly. :-(
    Sucks to be you! ;) 

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    Indeed it does!  :p
  • any room at the inn?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• any room at the inn?
    Yep. Had a couple of drop outs, you'd be welcome. Drop me a pm and I can sort you out

• Been listening to some of the songs - hadn't heard Doctor Doctor or Living After Midnight before - they are awesome!

I'd be up for playing rhythm (or extra rhythm!) on Doctor Doctor or Living After Midnight

Singing wise, I'm no frontman but can vaguely hold a note so would be happy to give Pretty Vacant or Living after Midnight a blast - Purple Rain even if necessary.

I'd also be happy to sing Why does it always Rain on Me but only really if we can do the far superior Shirehorses Version - Why Is It Always Dairylea? For those not familiar:

In terms of the whole day - I'm really looking forward to it but must admit to being a little trepidatious about it all! What is the plan for the other rooms - are they "organised" in any way or is it just turn up and hang out...?

• The other rooms are very much do as you like. I'll do a brief in the next day or so and a quick intro on the day. Nothing to be worried about at all, It'll be a great day whatever you get involved with. 

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Can you stick all my drumming songs in one batch in the running order please- that will minimise change over time and help me get into the drumming groove better. Thanks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    I'll do a brief in the next day or so and a quick intro on the day.
    15 slide PowerPoint presentation with references? Nothing else will do.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Just as a heads up, I appear to have sprained a ligament in my left ring finger at work on Friday!!  :'(

I'm still coming down regardless, but may be a little handicapped! Also, this weekend was the first in ages I've had the chance to sit and learn and practice the songs for the Jam, but now I haven't been able to play or practice at all!! Oops! 

Hopefully it'll be playable to some degree by Saturday, and l'll just wing it through the songs I'm down to play! (Winging it is my modus operandi throughout life in general, so I've plenty of experience of it!).  =)
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    Maybe you should give up your day job...
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27426
    Maybe you should give up your day job...
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Maybe you should give up your day job...
    Hah, well played sir, well played!

Cap suitably doffed.  =)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Right, who wants to jam in the second room? I’m happy to play drums, but we’d at least need to know a few of the same songs to make it work. 

Whats the final number of attendees? Looks like a few drop outs on the other thread, so I assume there will be a few last minute stand ins that want to jam through the songs?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • If and when I get a chance I'd love to jam, I've got a couple of bits I'd like to do but honestly it'll keep until I've got all my organising done! 

• Right folks, just doing a final joining instructions type thing that I'll gleefully get out tonight once I'm done. 

We have however got a couple of spaces now, as everyone from the reserve list who wants a space, has one. 

If anyone is thinking about it, this is a sign! 

@TTony ; is it worth sticking this to the top just in case it's passed anyone by? 

• mrkb said:
    Right, who wants to jam in the second room? I’m happy to play drums, but we’d at least need to know a few of the same songs to make it work. 

Whats the final number of attendees? Looks like a few drop outs on the other thread, so I assume there will be a few last minute stand ins that want to jam through the songs?
    I'm up for it.  Even if it's taking turns playing a chord progression and doing some impro over the top.
  • mrkb said:

I'm up for it.  Even if it's taking turns playing a chord progression and doing some impro over the top.
    We could just do something with a 12 bar like Red House, do it like a round robin kinda thing, with everyone tagging in for a verse/solo? 

Also, While My Guitar Gently Weeps just playing through the chord progression for the solo from the original record is a great one to improvise/noodle over, and a bit of variety from the standard 12 bar thing.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27426

@TTony ; is it worth sticking this to the top just in case it's passed anyone by? 
    Many people look straight past stickies, assuming that they're "boring admin stuff", but we can try it for a day or two?

Also worth putting a new thread in the Guitars section, just to catch people who don't look anywhere else.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.