TateFX - Stuff

What's Hot

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    What an apallingly bad demo video, the reviewer hasn't been given any info on the pedal, the jacks are too close together, there is no info on what the pedal is based, too much "erming" no info about the effect of reducing the guitar volume pot.....Its made my mind up on this particular pedal, not for me!.....have a look at JJ Tannis fuzz pedal reviews on You Tube for an idea of how to do a decent presentation of a product....
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    edited December 2017 tFB Trader
    paulnb57 said:
    What an apallingly bad demo video, the reviewer hasn't been given any info on the pedal, the jacks are too close together, there is no info on what the pedal is based, too much "erming" no info about the effect of reducing the guitar volume pot.....Its made my mind up on this particular pedal, not for me!.....have a look at JJ Tannis fuzz pedal reviews on You Tube for an idea of how to do a decent presentation of a product....
    Ahh thats a shame you didn't like it Paul. Jacksons a good dude just starting out in doing demos, I guess like me just starting out doing pedals. 

As you can see the space is a little tight but no problem for people like me that use the Evidence or Lava type patch cables. I think top mount jacks with pancake cables is very hard to pull off. I did a lot of research and the thing that was always hammered home was the importance of having the jacks and power at the top.

The good thing about Fuzz is there are plenty of options out there so I hope you find the one you are looking for. (On a side note I tried a Dr. Acid '3 day bender' recently and that was ace.)
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    Just a little update some nice demos from 15 second gear demos. 

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lamf68lamf68 Frets: 850
    Stu_tate said:
    Just a little update some nice demos from 15 second gear demos. 

This sounds like James Dean Bradfield in a box...when he was playing the “Good Stuff”
    tFB Trader
    Thought I'd add this a couple of pedals were in this month Total Guitar as part of Mikey from Skindreds tour right. Which was totally awesome.

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Stu_tate said:
    Thought I'd add this a couple of pedals were in this month Total Guitar as part of Mikey from Skindreds tour right. Which was totally awesome.

I kinda like Skindred so that gets a wow from me. Although, TBH, that a fat, white bloke in his fifties likes Skindred should get a wow of it's own. Just sayin'...

I'm not a fan of the top mounted jacks and 9v socket. I know a lot of people ask for it but maybe those people don't own a pedal train. Worse than that is having the 9v socket next to the jack socket (s) as on a small board there can be a bit of conflict. MXR do this, the 9v next to the input socket and it's a pain at times. But, I may be in the minority. Nice looking pedals BTW! 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Stu_tate said:

I kinda like Skindred so that gets a wow from me. Although, TBH, that a fat, white bloke in his fifties likes Skindred should get a wow of it's own. Just sayin'...

I'm not a fan of the top mounted jacks and 9v socket. I know a lot of people ask for it but maybe those people don't own a pedal train. Worse than that is having the 9v socket next to the jack socket (s) as on a small board there can be a bit of conflict. MXR do this, the 9v next to the input socket and it's a pain at times. But, I may be in the minority. Nice looking pedals BTW! 

I'm a fat white bloke in his 30's if that's any better? 

It's a funny one for sure, all the market research points to all jacks being top mounted including power.I've actually taken some of the comments earlier on in this thread and have changed my spacing so that its easy to use with pancake jacks. I was in the mindset that everybody else Evidence cables!

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    edited July 2018 tFB Trader
    Featured in a great Fuzz video here:

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    edited August 2018 tFB Trader
    Just dropping by with a little update, the Raise the Dead fuzz is now available in an orange glitter finish

I love it what do you think?

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    I spoke to Reverb.com recently about making guitar pedals, you can see the interview here  :) 

https://reverb.com/uk/news/if-i-wouldnt-use-it-i-wont-make-it-stuart-tate-on-tate-fxs-handbuilt-pedal-ethos

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    edited March 2020 tFB Trader
    I'd like to introduce you all to my latest pedal!

The Antares Overdrive is my take on the mid pushed over drive, taking influence from a few of my favourite Japanese OD's lots of tweaking and refining until I was finally happy. 

The key feature of the Antares OD is the ability to be able to blend in you clean signal. It gives you lots of options and countless combinations of volume and clean as the two controls are very interactive. It lets you get a pushed clean into a nice drive but with out losing any note clarity. It will also let you drive an overdrive amp and keep some of the low it there that can be lost with other. 

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • Great post and a great pedal, love Dan's demo.
    We are a UK based, family run company retailing guitar effects pedals and accessories online. 
    https://www.breakthemachine.co.uk  connect@breakthemachine.co.uk
    Hi Guys just thought I'd ad  a new demo video to this thread and the updated booster artwork   

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Just an update, awesome new video from Pete!

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    I absolutely love the artwork on the booster Stu.

I really don't need a booster otherwise I'd buy one just because of how cool it looks (I'm that shallow).
    tFB Trader
    I absolutely love the artwork on the booster Stu.

I really don't need a booster otherwise I'd buy one just because of how cool it looks (I'm that shallow).
    Thanks dude, I tend to buy with my eyes as well
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    edited July 2019 tFB Trader
    Just a quick update the Antares gets a bit of use in this andertons video  

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    tFB Trader
    Nice little Antares demo here by The Guitar Geek 

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    Just a quick update from That Pedal Show today! 

Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
    Just seen this great video from the Fretboards own @JohnCordy !

https://youtu.be/RP0WmBcjSIM
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram