SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

I'm in Croydon... I want to meet up, jam - but I don't want to get robbed... How do we do this?

What's Hot
Hi.

I'm from Croydon
Anyone in the area want to arrange a mutally safe meet up while us Croydonites get used to this whole communal thing for Croydon? IDK.

Who wants to rock?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• antifashantifash Frets: 603
    edited November 2017
    Have you read your own chosen name on this forum? And YOU’RE worried about meeting people. Good luck. 
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I was born and raised close enough to Croydon to know to have nothing to do with anyone who openly admits to being from it. 

This smells like a trap

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This is what I mean Croydon...

We need to come past this; learn to trust each other, again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    I'm not far from Croydon, am interested in a jam and don't want to get robbed.  Give me a shout if you want to organise a preliminary chat.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • If you wanted a practice space near croydon, I'd recommend Antenna Studios in crystal palace, it even has a nice cafe that sells decent coffee.
  • Leave Croydon don’t look back take you family if you must.

then you will be safe 

:-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Leave Croydon don’t look back take you family if you must.

then you will be safe 

:-)
    Haha!
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited December 2017
    @LesbianWithAGun ;

I'm in Croydon... I want to meet up, jam - but I don't want to get robbed... How do we do this?
    take your eponymous gun with you?

Have Gun, Will Travel.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I want to rock too - you could jump on a train and come down to the Surrey Hills. You're safe from robbers unless you're in the property market.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm not that far. No robbing from me.
  • FezFez Frets: 499
    I'm in Crawley so not all that far from you and we have a reasonably priced but basic rehearsal facility at Pease Pottage J11 on M23.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    If you wanted a practice space near croydon, I'd recommend Antenna Studios in crystal palace, it even has a nice cafe that sells decent coffee.
    I've used this a couple of times. Nice place.

Amp and guitar repairs are also available there plus Jon Dickinson of Dickinson Amps (Aluminium fascia jobbies as used by Matt Bellamy of Muse) is based there.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    I think @crazedkillerwithapitchfork was looking for someone around that area a while back....
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • BluebeardBluebeard Frets: 228
    edited May 2018
    IIRC both Rockbottom and Scream Studios have rehersal rooms in Croydon you can hire with drum kits and amps etc.
    The latter is only around the corner from Feline guitars. 
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Fez said:
    I'm in Crawley so not all that far from you and we have a reasonably priced but basic rehearsal facility at Pease Pottage J11 on M23.
    Pease Pottage? Once upon a time Pease Pottage had the best breaker’s yard in the world (well south of england, anyway)