Custom Chibson Experience (Internals vid added)

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    I'm thinking about a Trini, bound diamond holes, wine red nitro finish, and a bigsby (which I guess I'd need to add myself). And a personalised logo. Pretty much like the one they have posted on their Trini section of the site under custom builds.

Pretty sure they could source a Bigsby if you ask? Finding a licensed one out there at least shouldn't be a problem, or so I'd imagine...

@DrBob - I'd put £100 on you ordering one within 1 month of this Trini turning up, if it's not a dog ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26923
    DrBob said:
    Just in case anyone was wondering, they will do custom Firebirds too...

I asked, and now I'm obsessing about an Inverness Green Firebird I
    Oh god I didn't need to know that...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    I suppose I should come clean at this point

This is on it's way to me as we speak

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/070B4035-598E-4209-A8B8-B1E557DE390B_zpsqk1e6moa.jpg

Spec'd a 60's slim neck, ebony board and the initials/DOB serial number and a nitro finish

The communication from this company is better than nearly every other company I've dealt with (exception being MjT)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I suppose I should come clean at this point

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/070B4035-598E-4209-A8B8-B1E557DE390B_zpsqk1e6moa.jpg

Spec'd a 60's slim neck, ebony board and the initials/DOB serial number and a nitro finish

The communication from this company is better than nearly every other company I've dealt with (exception being MjT)

Awesome. Look forward to pics and details when it arrives. :)
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    edited March 2014
    I'd like one that said Chibson on the headstock, as it goes.

Or a kitten!

:)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

I suppose I should come clean at this point

Nice one! Hope ours both turn out alright! :)
  • kelvinburnkelvinburn Frets: 156
    brilliant thread this. Could I be cheeky and ask for a linky too. Thanks for posting @guitargeek62.
    Certainly! :)
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    guitargeek62;186697" said:
    redrighthand said:

I'm thinking about a Trini, bound diamond holes, wine red nitro finish, and a bigsby (which I guess I'd need to add myself). And a personalised logo. Pretty much like the one they have posted on their Trini section of the site under custom builds.

Pretty sure they could source a Bigsby if you ask? Finding a licensed one out there at least shouldn't be a problem, or so I'd imagine...

@DrBob - I'd put £100 on you ordering one within 1 month of this Trini turning up, if it's not a dog ;)
    As long as a month ? ;-)
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    edited March 2014
    Could someone PM me the linky too?
    I'd probably just have Chibson on the 'stock :D 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    PM on it's way @Hertz32

Bob - I was being generous, you never know who's looking over your shoulder ;)
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    I want a stop bar Trini in red nitro....
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9592
    To everybody asking for a link - go to the first post and open the photo in another tab or window. It's all there... ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    The link is in the thread if you look hard enough.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    PM on it's way @Hertz32

Bob - I was being generous, you never know who's looking over your shoulder ;)
    Given that we may be about to become a single income family, ny frankly voracious guitar purchasing may have to abate for a while.

Just for a while mind ;-)

Actually, if the Cab goes together well I could flog that... Although I'm also after a 2x12" cab really

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    It's got nothing to do with our opinions or otherwise on the morality of buying them, but we've had legal advice that if you let people sell stuff with the wrong logo on the headstock you are open to prosecution even if you say in the ad that it's a fake. 
    What about the *wrong* headstock? The shape of a Gibson or Fender headstock is just as much as trademark as the logo.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Linky, pretty please..?

so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3616
    It's got nothing to do with our opinions or otherwise on the morality of buying them, but we've had legal advice that if you let people sell stuff with the wrong logo on the headstock you are open to prosecution even if you say in the ad that it's a fake. 
    What about the *wrong* headstock? The shape of a Gibson or Fender headstock is just as much as trademark as the logo.
    Not usually,no.

American guitar makers either didn't patent some of their designs or they let them lapse.

Look how many copies have Fender shaped bodies and headstocks.

Gibson did intend court proceedings against Ibanez back in the day to stop them copying the "open book" and out of court Ibanez agreed to stop exporting that headstock to the US which is why some people wholly inappropriately refer to more or less any late '70's Japanese copy of a US guitar a "lawsuit model". ;)

The fact remains using somebody else's name on your copy of their product is wrong. 

It is done simply to deceive and because the branded model is generally worth much more than a copy it is all too obvious why it is done. 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    It's not about copyright.
    It's about fake goods
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom