Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    DanR said:

How is the somersault for those warped record sounds? Just moved on my instant lofi junky as I don't like the compression and want something else
    It’s been a long time since I played a lofi junky so I can’t remember how compressed it was.

I would say the Somersault is much quieter and has a wider array of control for dialing your sound so you may be able to get a sound you like more.

I picked it up as I like the junky and I know Yvette Young is Adam of that pedal and she uses this over it live.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 476
    edited June 2022
    Gassage said:
    And now for something completely different- the FlyGasRig

Nice to see the Silicon Phuzz. I'm glad I have two since it seems Phil has discontinued his pedals/gone out of business.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30912
    Aornic said:
    Gassage said:
    And now for something completely different- the FlyGasRig

Nice to see the Silicon Phuzz. I'm glad I have two since it seems Phil has discontinued his pedals/gone out of business.

It's an absolute belter of a pedal.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 919
    DanR said:

That looks like a large amount of fun that does. Any links to hear it in action?
  • DanR said:
    DanR said:

How is the somersault for those warped record sounds? Just moved on my instant lofi junky as I don't like the compression and want something else
    It’s been a long time since I played a lofi junky so I can’t remember how compressed it was.

I would say the Somersault is much quieter and has a wider array of control for dialing your sound so you may be able to get a sound you like more.

I picked it up as I like the junky and I know Yvette Young is Adam of that pedal and she uses this over it live.
    You can actually get a decent ILFJ/Shallow Water warble with the Delay Llama Xtreme on Xtreme mode 1, min repeats and delay time, Kill Dry, mix all the way up, secondary functions on the middle dial almost all the way CW and the right dial all the way CCW.
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Just an observation, but I've noticed that there's very few loop switchers on the boards posted on this thread, an rarely any expression pedals or wahs. I guess these things take up too much space on a board?
    DanR said:

That looks like a large amount of fun that does. Any links to hear it in action?
    Unfortunately not and the PDF just recently sold as someone offered me £350 for it so off it went.

Im trying something a bit different in its place that may also mean the Amaterasu wouldn’t be needed so may have more changes over next week.

Only stuff to record with would be my iPhone so not sure how well it would come out.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5141
    NelsonP said:
    Just an observation, but I've noticed that there's very few loop switchers on the boards posted on this thread, an rarely any expression pedals or wahs. I guess these things take up too much space on a board?
    I've got both a switcher and an expression pedal on my board, and it does make for a big board, even when you do what I do and use one pedal for expression, wah and volume (Sonuus Voluum via MIDI). 

The current iteration is one of those overkill "between bands" boards with stuff to make any sound I can think of. As and when I'm in a band again I'll probably strip it down for something a bit more focused.

I'd quite happily use a switcher in a band (the reason I wanted one in the first place was because of some tap dancing on one of my old band's songs) but I think I'd limit it to gigs with prepared material, not more open ended songwriting/jamming stuff. You have to work quite hard to make switchers not railroad you in to a fixed set of sounds.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1382
    NelsonP said:
    https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52068847391_2675ff3f3a_b.jpg
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3243
    NelsonP said:
    I don't gig my big board but I also tend not to make multi-pedal changes either.

Vol/wah pedals can live off-board: too much real estate, awkward to fit, I like them at an angle, and I see them as optional extras.
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    Behold my new pedalboard... and my seeming fascination with EQD pedals ^^

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DaevidJ said:

How’s the Special Cranker not been able to try one yet as was sold out last time I went into a shop.
  • DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    DanR said:
    DaevidJ said:

How’s the Special Cranker not been able to try one yet as was sold out last time I went into a shop.
    Early days atm (yesterday was my first test). It plays nicely with the other pedals and i can see why it is for some an "always on" pedal... It is very much a more of your sound, but dirtier!
    End of June 2022 roundup.

Main board:

David Gilmour themed board:

Grunge/Ambient/Looping/Swiss Army Knife board:

Mini board:

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9532
    @Aornic - lovely top drawer bords mate :)
    @Aornic - lovely top drawer bords mate :)
    Thanks man. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    Not on a board but this is the current “inspiration pile” 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Not on a board but this is the current “inspiration pile” 

Got to love a bit of Blackstone. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26987
    Not on a board but this is the current “inspiration pile” 

Got to love a bit of Blackstone. 
    Yep it's a highly underrated pedal. It was on my radar for at least a decade (I vaguely remember a Guitarist review around maybe 2007?) but seeing it as the main drive on Adam Granduciel's board in his previous rig rundown pushed me to seek one out. It's fabulous :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5141
    @stickyfiddle what's the pink pedal next to the Green Rhino?

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.