Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Latest version of mine...a number of changes:

Excuse the mess - not fine-tuned the cable routing yet, so nothing's really tied down.

The Time Factor replaces my GSP1101 rack unit, which is the whole point of this little exercise. The Nux PMS-2 gadget - a MIDI-controlled relay switcher for controlling my amp - is under the board. You can see the MIDI cable poking out of it between the Time Factor and the Mooer phaser.

The frustration with this build is that it actually requires three separate power supplies. The Peak MIDI controller induces so much noise (even through supposedly isolated supplies) that it's unbearable to use on the same supply as the signal pedals. Then there's the Eventide, which needs a centre-positive supply and doesn't play well with others.

So...I've got a Warwick Rockboard LT rechargeable running the tuner, phaser and boost. Then there's a Diago Micropower9 running the Peak, and at the moment I've got a crappy wall wart running the Eventide; I'm waiting for an adapter to arrive so I can use another Micropower9 to power it.

All in all, it's a massive faff. However, it's worth it for the fact that my band rig has gone from this:

Guitar
    Amp
    Cab
    Cable bag
    Pedalboard
    Rack

...to this:

Guitar
    Amp
    Cab
    Pedalboard (my cables all fit in the soft case)

Easier to carry, much easier to set up and break down.
    Nice midi switcher, did you find the same issue with the Nux as I did? ie: having to have it first in line? 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Latest version of mine...a number of changes:

Excuse the mess - not fine-tuned the cable routing yet, so nothing's really tied down.

The Time Factor replaces my GSP1101 rack unit, which is the whole point of this little exercise. The Nux PMS-2 gadget - a MIDI-controlled relay switcher for controlling my amp - is under the board. You can see the MIDI cable poking out of it between the Time Factor and the Mooer phaser.

The frustration with this build is that it actually requires three separate power supplies. The Peak MIDI controller induces so much noise (even through supposedly isolated supplies) that it's unbearable to use on the same supply as the signal pedals. Then there's the Eventide, which needs a centre-positive supply and doesn't play well with others.

So...I've got a Warwick Rockboard LT rechargeable running the tuner, phaser and boost. Then there's a Diago Micropower9 running the Peak, and at the moment I've got a crappy wall wart running the Eventide; I'm waiting for an adapter to arrive so I can use another Micropower9 to power it.

All in all, it's a massive faff. However, it's worth it for the fact that my band rig has gone from this:

Guitar
    Amp
    Cab
    Cable bag
    Pedalboard
    Rack

...to this:

Guitar
    Amp
    Cab
    Pedalboard (my cables all fit in the soft case)

Easier to carry, much easier to set up and break down.
    I'm sorely tempted to follow suit, sell the 11r ( which I only use for delays now) and fund a TimeLine/DD-500/TimeFactor.......

• @professorben - no problems with the Nux (as you can see, it's Peak -> Nux -> Eventide). Works like a charm.

I haven't gigged it yet, obviously owing to the fact that I don't have a fully-functional band at the moment, but that'll come in time...
    <space for hire>
  • @professorben - no problems with the Nux (as you can see, it's Peak -> Nux -> Eventide). Works like a charm.

I haven't gigged it yet, obviously owing to the fact that I don't have a fully-functional band at the moment, but that'll come in time...
    Funny you should say that.......
  • solarsolar Frets: 172
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Pedalboard updated with SlideRig and Big Sky content....

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice to see so much Thorpy!

@gavrichlist, that fucking board man!!!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • That response comes fitted as standard, yes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    Filth and madness.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A spectacularly rubbish photo but I put the board away before I realised and I can't be faffed taking it out again. 

Need to sort out the wiring and velcro a bit but this now does pretty much everything I need. No boutique nonsense, just solid, honest goodness. I'm moving house soon and will have space to leave everything plugged in. Can't wait.

• @BigRedOne SlideRig is sublime isn't it!!! Got mine this week too! Big Sky is great too! :-) Nice board man

• BigRedOneBigRedOne Frets: 67
    edited September 2016

@Jonathanthomas83  cheers - I've only had the SlideRig for a few days as well - I'm itching to try it out at band practice volume, but I'm very happy with how it sounds in my practice room at home.  I'd be interested to know why you chose the SlideRig over the Cali 76 (which appears to be getting more of the internet buzz) - my feeling was that the blend controls offered something a bit more intuitive in terms of dialing in the sound, plus the extra compression stage if I wanted to use it.
  • lukedlblukedlb Frets: 488
    BigRedOne said:

@Jonathanthomas83  cheers - I've only had the SlideRig for a few days as well - I'm itching to try it out at band practice volume, but I'm very happy with how it sounds in my practice room at home.  I'd be interested to know why you chose the SlideRig over the Cali 76 (which appears to be getting more of the internet buzz) - my feeling was that the blend controls offered something a bit more intuitive in terms of dialing in the sound, plus the extra compression stage if I wanted to use it.
    I was thinking the very same question between the slide rig and the cali76 deluxe versions. Perhaps the SR is better than the regular 76 due to the added 2nd stage compressor, whereas the 76 CD has its own extra features. 
    Should either of you hear of one going cheap, please let me know. 
  • @BigRedOne @lukedlb I tried them both out and loved them both. I dabble with a bit of slide and the sliderig sounds great for that. But with just one compression stage on, i got my sound instantly with the SR, as you say, the Cali takes a little more time, but again the payoff is beautiful. I got exactly the right tone out of that too. I love them both but ultimately kept the SR. One thing i love about the SR is its simplicity. I didnt really understand the Attack and Release controls enough really, to be able to use them to my advantage. I was lazy. Throw that second stage of conpression on too and youre in a world of bliss. That tone, on both of them, is just sublime. Nothing beats it, IMO. Best compressors around.

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    edited September 2016
    Replaced the gravitas with a flint.. forgot how good these things are!

pedalboardoftheday pedalboard strymon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @cbellanga im covinced the small Strymon pedals have a secret mojo to them. Lovely sounding pedals!

• cbellanga said:
    Replaced the gravitas with a flint.. forgot how good these things are!

pedalboardoftheday pedalboard strymon
    So clean! Love it
  • Can the Es-5 switch between favourite settings on the little strymons?
  • The ES-5 and the ES-8 can switch via midi or by control jacks. They're incredibly flexible.
  • BensonBenson Frets: 242
    Here's my entire rig on a board. Fractal AX8, Rocktron Banshee vocoder, Polytune and wireless. Just add a pair of CLRs or go with IEMs and that's 2x500w of very flexible gigging power set up in around five minutes. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gblmb1smonhrxk7/Pedalboard.jpg?raw=1