Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    A small board I threw together for last night's "guest" appearance with Jonny & The Rizlas at the Mended Drum, Huby:

I was playing into the Normal channel of the harp/slide guitar player's Vibrolux so I took the Terminator* for a bit of dirt, and the Flashback was for a bit of slap. It sounded great :)

R.

* a Juan Solo Colorsound Overdriver clone
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Here's the latest, and hopefully the last incarnation for a while...

Switched the Nova out for the Flight Time which I think could be replaced by the new Free The Tone delay next year. The Mooer little ones have been replaced by the CE-2 and Phase 95 and the Mojo has been replaced by the Vibe Machine. 

Think the best upgrades I've done are going all Buffalo for my main sounds. The M-1 is great and the Power Booster is a beauty too. The Infinity doesn't need to be at my feet as I'm hoping to control it via MIDI (we shall see how that goes shall we!).

Special mention for the DIG, I should probably sell it as I have too many delays, but it stays because it sounds lovely and I like it. Each one offers something different that I really like, so I'm happy and it's a fun, fun *board*!
    Won't you need winkelpickers to avoid knocking knobs when stomping? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyO said:

Switched the Nova out for the Flight Time which I think could be replaced by the new Free The Tone delay next year. The Mooer little ones have been replaced by the CE-2 and Phase 95 and the Mojo has been replaced by the Vibe Machine. 

Think the best upgrades I've done are going all Buffalo for my main sounds. The M-1 is great and the Power Booster is a beauty too. The Infinity doesn't need to be at my feet as I'm hoping to control it via MIDI (we shall see how that goes shall we!).

Special mention for the DIG, I should probably sell it as I have too many delays, but it stays because it sounds lovely and I like it. Each one offers something different that I really like, so I'm happy and it's a fun, fun *board*!
    Na, he just needs a PT Grande
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    My "new" board as it stands. Just need some new patch leads so I can have the tiny LPB-1 on for lead boosts. Its kicked the byoc tubescreamer off as it seems to work better into the front of my mp for lead boosts. The Raw fuzz might go at some point as I'm finding the novelty wearing off and not getting a whole lot of use out of it.

• philrob1philrob1 Frets: 21
    edited January 2017
    @Jonathanthomas83 ; - how do you like the Friedman BE-OD?

• philrob1 said:

It's great, Phil, thanks. Stresses me out sometimes as it gets lost in the mix on occasion, but boosting it with the Klone or Power Booster helps. Its got guts, plenty of bass and is tight as hell, so it naily the heavy stuff I need it to. 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922

• TimmyO said:

Na, he just needs a PT Grande
    Won't be stepping on these bad boys, they'll be hooked up to some RJM gizmos for remote controlling :-)

• voxmanjohnvoxmanjohn Frets: 75
    edited January 2017
    Heres my latest pedalboard. Nothing has changed for a while now. Revisited a few oldies. Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay, Mojo Hand FX Bayou Trem, Free The Tone Final Booster, Mojo Hand FX Rook OD, Gearmanndude Luther Drive and finally a TC Polytune Mini 2.

Not alot to say about the Free The Tone Final Booster other than If you havent tried a Free The Tone Final Booster, get it on your list. Amazingly good pedal! So transparent... Not seen these on many boards. I bought one after hearing Aynsley Lister demoing one (hes now a FTT artist) and this took place of his original Klon Centaur. The best boost/always on pedal I have ever tried.

Onto another great pedal is the Mojo Hand Bayou Trem. Originally, this was one of those drunken purchases but soon went on the board to take place of the now broken trem in my vox amps. A great amp/tube like trem. A very warm sounding effect and find myself using this alot now for atmospherics.

Whilst we are on the Mojo Hand vibe... The Recoil Delay. Ive never got on with delays. Tried so many, never could set them right bit this one I purchased after seeing Joanne Shaw Taylor using one... Found some shots of her pedalboard, copied the settings and its just worked out ever since! So cheers Jo!

Onto the overdrive side of things! The Mojo Hand Rook. Ive owned 3 of these, bought and sold them. This one is here to stay. A very versatile pedal which different clipping options. Its kind of 3 pedals in 1! It does the TS type drive, it can do the Klon boost thing and some tasty mid/high gain marshall tones and my vox amps love it which has been proven to be picky with what pedals it likes.

Next up! One from Gearmanndude. The Luther Drive! I have tried and gone through so many TS type drives and thought I'd give this one a whirl from listening to online demos! After a few conversations with GMD who I can tell you that his customer service is outstanding, such a great guy to deal with! I hit the buy button... 5 days later, it arrives. Now I always found with most TS type pedals... Some were too muddy, others were too bright, they all just lacked that thing I was looking for but this had it all... This one was just right. Now it is the longest serving pedal on my board. It hasnt left in the two years I have had it. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • philrob1 said:

It's great, Phil, thanks. Stresses me out sometimes as it gets lost in the mix on occasion, but boosting it with the Klone or Power Booster helps. Its got guts, plenty of bass and is tight as hell, so it naily the heavy stuff I need it to. 
    Lost in the mix, really? When I tried one in the shop before buying, I played it through SFSR and almost blew my head off. It sounds huge in the DRRI as well.
  • @BintyTwanger77 was that in isolation or were you playing with others?

This is my experience when playing with a drummer and backing tracks etc.

• @BintyTwanger77 was that in isolation or were you playing with others?

Just in isolation, haven't used it in a band rehearsal yet. 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3021
    I have no experience with this particular pedal, but I've found with other pedals that I always need a lot more mids than I think to cut through.
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    @BintyTwanger77 was that in isolation or were you playing with others?

It's quite a scooped sound so unless you have a midrangey amp like a Marshall then you'll lose most of your frequency to the bass and the cymbals
    crank the mid control up full and see how that is

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • A coupla changes. Would quite like to get a Whammy Ricochet at some point this year.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A coupla changes. Would quite like to get a Whammy Ricochet at some point this year.

Nice taste in fairfields you have there! Still want to try a barbershop myself, so desperately trying to ignore yours in the classifieds 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    The Whammy Ricochet changed my life.
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 639
    edited January 2017
    Here's my office rig

Self-built preamp, loop switchers, reactive load boxes stereo valve power amp. 

Marshall JMP 50 is effectively a very nice overdrive pedal

Pedals on a rack drawer all pre amp switcher apart from the Ventilator 2

Rack mounted GR55

outputs fed into the mixer

GMajor1 in the front of the amp switcher for oddball FX and a programmable compressor
    GMajor2 after the Neo Ventilator

Marshall sticker stops prying fingers into some unused holes :)

All Controlled by a modded FCB1010. the vent remote will be gone when I can be ar*ed to add some more switch ports to my loop switcher.

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    My watchword this year is variety.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

4reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My new thorpy Warthog and his 2 brothers! They work so well together the eqs are so interactive and versatile well done @ThorpyFX ;

http://i808.photobucket.com/albums/zz3/velvetsky01/Guitar Gear/9D066AD6-4A9E-4383-B225-BB17BFEB7B28_zpsbbpuupwu.jpg
    Here is my Trader Feedback Page - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/62051/
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom