Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• FezFez Frets: 522
    I like that brace of Thorpies ^
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I've never had a pedalboard before as I've just used multi channel amps.  So this month I've put my first together after deciding to give the single channel amp and pedalboard thing a go. 

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g55/andy1839/IMG_3555_zps76u6iapp.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    andy1839 said:
    I've never had a pedalboard before as I've just used multi channel amps.  So this month I've put my first together after deciding to give the single channel amp and pedalboard thing a go. 

F***, You don't mess around do you ?

That's a stunning small design board, i could gig anywhere with that.
    Brilliant, well done.
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    Alnico said:
    andy1839 said:

Brilliant, well done.
    Cheers mate!  It's opened up a whole new area of GAS for me. 

I'm going to source some nice patch cables and maybe a new power supply. 

I love some of the boards in this thread, I don't know how people keep track of everything though!

• oktorocktooktorockto Frets: 86
    edited February 2017
    Here is my cheap solution pedal board £4 for the chopping boards and a couple of quid for some non-slip fabric stuck to the bottom with glue. Large gap between Poly and EHXTortion is for XLR cable for speaker simulated out for backup. All pedals are srewed straight onto board, no velcro, apart from the Mosaic which has cable ties.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    edited February 2017
    My main board was getting a bit unwieldy, so I bought another small Palmer board and made something portable for rehearsals. Pretty basic, with the Bitquest supplying some weirdness. The only issue I have is that I keep forgetting to take it out of my boot. https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/344/32991572935_655d821590_b.jpg

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @VJIves Nice board, What's the pedal on the far left?
  • @VJIves Nice board, What's the pedal on the far left?
    http://www.magneticeffects.net/zola/
  • andy1839 said:
    Alnico said:
    andy1839 said:

Brilliant, well done.
    Cheers mate!  It's opened up a whole new area of GAS for me. 

I'm going to source some nice patch cables and maybe a new power supply. 

Wouldn't bother with the patch cables unless you actually have a problem with those ones. Its an expensive rabbit hole with little benefit (particularly for so few pedals). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @robinbowes Thanks, I only got half way through the marketing spiel before giving up, but love the art-deco design.
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    paulk said:
    Oh hot damn, I've wanted to try out the Dirty Robot and the CSIDMAN for months, I bet together they do some ridiculous things!
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 318
    I've had the CSIDMAN and the Bicycle working together for a while with some fantastically weird results. Still very much figuring out how to get the b est from the Dirty Robot but it makes sense for a lot of the stuff our band plays, so we'll see.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    Hell yeah, the CSIDMAN has been on my GAS list for months! Haven't pulled the trigger yet because I feel it's a little out my budget for something that can be used sparingly. Still searching for one second hand.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    Just got the Carcosa a few days ago, love it. No need for the Fuzz War clone any more, this does it all and more. Pedals will all be shifted around soon to accomodate the neo clone again but I'm half tempted to ditch it as I barely use it.

Some new pedals in the last couple of months:

Free the Tone Silky Comp
    Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah (Not pictured - ran out of patch leads and space)
    Way Huge Havalina Fuzz
    DZFX Sweet Honey Overdrive
    Mad FX PT800
    EQD Grand Orbiter V2
    DoD Gunslinger

Still rockin' cardboard but it works for home for now and it's all tied up underneath and neat.
    HB Power Plant Junior arriving soon to finish it off...............for now.

http://i.imgur.com/girrdWi.jpg?1
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    @Alnico ;
     I'm very impressed with the Gunslinger, it sounded fucking fannytastic earlier.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

mike_l said:
    @Alnico ;
     I'm very impressed with the Gunslinger, it sounded fucking fannytastic earlier.
    It really does and when you left i had the PRS p90 going through it and it's like concorde taking off.

That was the distortion sound i have been after for a long time and massive thanks to @Travisthedog for the Gunslinger. As Mike says, it's "Fannytastic" !!

The Havalina (through my ML Deville with the P90 PRS) is just pure tonebender MkIII territory (To my ears). Rival sons just flows out of this thing and with some gentle compression and some tweaking on the Strat it does a very nice Jimi Hendrix impression (I don't though).

What i've got there is a great springboard into the year, it's the core stuff i want but i'm happy with every piece and what i want from this point is the less commonly used effects that i'm happy to wait for,.......Rotary, Chorus, Space Echo, looper etc.

I could gig what i have now and be happy with the varied sounds i can get and it's not posh but i'm not gigging yet so here at home it's VERY nice and more than adequate for someone who's still trying to remember how to do all this !

A very special pedal for me is the DZFX Sweet Honey Overdrive. On my previous photo i had the prototype while this was being made. It's a really, REALLY nice low gain overdrive and it's been built really well using really good components. The sound is crystal clear and the noise floor is in the basement, it's awesome. The going from pure clean to full drive just on pick attack is stunning.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom