Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3673
    A few changes and a couple of additions. Just the Big Sky in loop, everything else in front, and I add the H9 when I fancy it. Really enjoying this set-up.

Wow, the Srtymon PSU is dinky...
    It's tiny isn't it, but it does looks as if it has an in-line power supply before it gets to the distributor on the board.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • My latest. TE Comp added back after missing it, BD-2 back as I missed it, Bigsky added and the Source Audio Midi Graphic also added. As well as new board, power supplies and complete rewire with SIS cabling:

Pedal board is the Large G2 by CustomPedalBoards - great board and service, been away for a few weeks so only had a chance to build it today.

Bigsky, Timeline, Mobius (post), SA Graphic, Ditto X4 all in the loop switched by midi, and the Vol pedal. The rest are in loops. Expression routed to Pitchfork through the ES-8 and everything else via Midi depending on what I want to do.

The noise gate is pointless now as this board is near silent with the Strymon power supplies - every other board I've been hunting noise for days. Would definitely recommend them if you need plenty of isolation and high power

cheers, yes we try our best!
    great board, lots of stuff on there, used to have 1 of them old trace pedals back in the 90's
    for all things pedal boards please visit www.custompedalboards.co.uk
  • Gadget said:
    Giving W/D/W a go...

wow! what a picture! forgot about this 1!
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A few changes and a couple of additions. Just the Big Sky in loop, everything else in front, and I add the H9 when I fancy it. Really enjoying this set-up.

Wow, the Srtymon PSU is dinky...
    It's tiny isn't it, but it does looks as if it has an in-line power supply before it gets to the distributor on the board.
    The power adapter is bigger than the actual PSU.
  • GulliverGulliver Frets: 850

Finally attached my power supply underneath the board...  Next steps are try and find 'proper' chorus that doesn't sound shit to replace the mini Hotone (I actually really like the sound of this one, but it's a bit too small for my massive feet)

Then maybe something fun rather than useful, like a Whammy (since I've found I can power it off the power supply without an adapter)
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    In contrast to all the mega and super huge boards, heres my current one. 

• JadedJaded Frets: 127

My newly rebuilt acoustic board. Only use it when playing alongside my percussive guitarist housemate and usually just with my archtop. 

Octave for making big parts stand out. LS-2 for a few single note lines that need to stand out. Echo for washy ambient pads, soon to be replaced with the Ibanez ADmini. Reverb on all the time, just because. Have an additional K&K Definity preamp for the archtop I can stick at the front should I need it.  

Powered by a Volto underneath the board. Just using a single output into a daisy chain lead so I can easily swap between using a wall wart and the Volto depending on the stage layouts.
  • Gulliver said:

Finally attached my power supply underneath the board...  Next steps are try and find 'proper' chorus that doesn't sound shit to replace the mini Hotone (I actually really like the sound of this one, but it's a bit too small for my massive feet)

Then maybe something fun rather than useful, like a Whammy (since I've found I can power it off the power supply without an adapter)
    nice stompers! ;)

there are loads of great chorus pedals out there, 1 of my all time faves is the CE-2, if you've not tried 1, get a vintage 1 or just get the new waza, CE-1 & 2 in same box and does wet/dry, very nice!
    Gulliver said:

nice stompers! ;)

there are loads of great chorus pedals out there, 1 of my all time faves is the CE-2, if you've not tried 1, get a vintage 1 or just get the new waza, CE-1 & 2 in same box and does wet/dry, very nice!

I'm not a big fan of the CE-2, I might try a Waza, but I'm not holding much hope...
  • JCA2550JCA2550 Frets: 439
    timmysoft said:

Nice and simple. Tell me about the Abunai 2.
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    JCA2550 said:
    timmysoft said:

Nice and simple. Tell me about the Abunai 2.
    Got it recently in a trade and its already become a real favourite! 
     With the switch to the left its pretty much like a Keeley modded SD-1, adds huge impact and "gush" to the signal which is pretty much how i use it. The switch in the centre is meant to have no clippers, so its loud and to my ears anyway a bit OCD-ish, although in this mode the low end isn't as bold or tight. Switch to the right and its like a baked TS808, definite upper mid hump.  I use it most of the time infront of the Mini Jubilees drive channel, just to add the saturation and punch that i need for my more modern tones. 
     Into a clean channel with the gain wound up, i wasn't really as impressed, it gets really loose, really quickly and although its got gain in bulk, it didn't feel all that musical.Some people may like that kind of loose, flabby sound but for me its far better as a drive enhancement, rather than a stand alone drive. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    I've been meaning to do this for ages, but I hadn't quite settled on  my final setup. Anyway, I reckon I'm finished for now. There's nothing I need to add to this.

Here's my big board for venues with a decent amount of space. I'm currently in a three piece and doing a  lot of backing vocals so I needed something that could  get me sounds without me tap dancing.  I was looking at the G2 or the ES-8 but got a decent deal on an ES-8. It's a cracking  piece of kit once you spend some time on understanding the programming. It takes me less than a minute to build a new patch from scratch.

Here's the whole thing, built and wired by Chris at @CustomPedalBoards who did a fantastic job on it using Lava Tightrope cables and one of his utterly bomb-proof cases.

It's all powered by a  Gigrig Distributor with Isolators and a couple of TimeLords for the digital pedals.

The  pedals are as follows:

Pre-looper:
    Smoothound Classic Wireless >
    Plutoneium Chi WahWah
    Boss FB-2

In the BOSS ES-8:
    Polytune Mini
    Xotic SP Compressor
    BOSS PS-5
    TC Spark Booster
    Marshall Guv'nor Mk.1
    Magnetic Effects White Atom Fuzz
    Xotic EP Booster
    Strymon Mobius
    Source Audio Nemesis 

This is all wired via a patch box which means I can do 4CM or straight into the front of an amp and I can use the ES-8 to switch amp channels. For an expression pedal I use a BOSS FV-5H which the ES-8 can use to do pitch shifting on the PS-5 or translate the pedal's movements into midi commands to change parameters on the Mobius and the Nemesis. For tap tempo I can  program any button on the ES-8 to send  midi BPM.

It's so quick to set up. One the amp is on stage I  just have to plug my cable snake into the  front of the amp and the send and return sockets and the  same on the  pedalboard which takes me less than a minute. I've gigged it in this format for a few months and I'm pretty sure I don't want to change anything . I so happy with what it does and the flexibility I can get out of it. I know I could do the same thing and get the same sounds (and more) out of a Helix and it would cost way less than I have spent on this, but I love this.
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    That looks awesome @vasselmeyer
    I can confirm that it is awesome. Of course, it's completely over the top for a little three piece pub band, but  it sounds brilliant and the thought that has gone into the ES-8 for the gigging musician is amazing. It keeps me entertained when I'm playing  "Brown-Eyed Girl" or "Are you Gonna Go My Way" for the three thousandth time!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3050
    Latest incarnation of mini-board for gig tomorrow:

Signal path is:

Relay G70 (wireless)
    RMC10 Wah
    Cali76 Deluxe
    POG2
    Tubescreamer clone
    Tumnus
    Zendrive clone
    30 ms
    ABY switcher
    Breakout box
    Modified Fender Bandmaster Reverb (one tweed channel, one blackface)

Next gig will hopefully be with the Helix :)

R.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12930
    edited April 2017
    I've revamped mine from one board two deep to two linear boards. I decided I really don't like having to reach "over" other pedals, particularly the re-20 which is huge. Plus, it makes me feel like Prince. 

Also, if gigging I wouldn't need all of these pedals, so I'd just take one of them. Makes life easier. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Latest incarnation of mini-board for gig tomorrow:

Signal path is:

Relay G70 (wireless)
    RMC10 Wah
    Cali76 Deluxe
    POG2
    Tubescreamer clone
    Tumnus
    Zendrive clone
    30 ms
    ABY switcher
    Breakout box
    Modified Fender Bandmaster Reverb (one tweed channel, one blackface)

Next gig will hopefully be with the Helix :)

R.
    I like it when other people's "mini-boards" are as big/bigger than my normal (well, only) board. :)

No more space!!  Although the RC30 is soon going onto an acoustic board, so I'll gain that space back.
  • builttospillbuilttospill Frets: 457
    edited May 2017
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456

Dibs on the Dr S ;)
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/