Show us yours

What's Hot

Comments

• JoesaJoesa Frets: 86
    edited October 2013
    Oops, did it twice!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    Vibetronic said:  I think it's staying that way for now (although the Washburn is for sale and I quite want another Vigier...!)
    Nice selection @Vibetronic, love the Surfretter, another Vigier would make a great addition me-thinks.
    What are you thinking of?
    it'd be this one. I really can't justify it though ! :) 

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1036
    edited October 2013

Bucket said:
    @DartmoorHedgehog - you gave me an idea.

Ha, no worries, I don't think I'm the only one to have done that :)

@Vibetronic ; Those fancy Ibanez in your last picture are SO opposite to my tastes, yet somehow really cool!

yeah, they are a bit 80s :) I've just always loved them since my neighbour got a floral Jem when I was young. Like your Hagstrom btw. Don't normally go for LP shaped guitars at all but that looks very nice. 
  • LukeageLukeage Frets: 35

(Left to Right): Washburn WD10-SCE, Gretsch Electromatic (don't know the model), Cort MR710F, Epiphone LP Standard

(Left to Right) Vintage Icon 100 (machineheads, bridge and tailpiece all need replacing. Love this guitar but I'm sorry, the hardware is shit - maybe it's just a one off but it rusts easily and the machineheads are terrible), Squier Affinity Tele, Epiphone LP Studio (needs re-wiring)

Board (right to left) - Korg Pitchblack, Bad Monkey, Hot Head, Nova Repeater, Hall of Fame
    Amp - Jet City JCA20
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Vibetronic said: Like your Hagstrom btw. Don't normally go for LP shaped guitars at all but that looks very nice. 
    Thanks.  It's a slightly smaller body than a LP but otherwise similar construction (mahogany with maple cap) so sounds quite LPish.  I like LPs but couldn't really justify the cost of a "real" one, so thought I'd get something a bit different from the usual copies.  I really like it, although the fancy top and poly finish may not be for everybody :)
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    edited November 2013
    impmann said:
    Its not a group shot... as they are dotted around the place... in no particular order:

1978 Shergold Masquerader - apart from the Schaller bridge and replacement pots, its all original. Massively under-rated guitars for studio work but the ergonomics make them a bit of a challenge on stage.

I had one of those when I was a kid, Barney Sumner played one in Joy Division.

Mine had high action, I had no clue how to adjust it, and back then it was just such an uncool guitar! I must've paid no more than 20 quid for it.

Stripped it and tried painting it green with car paint! Probably ended up in a skip. 
    X_X
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    edited November 2013
    Deleted
    [-X

• 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    Not the best picture, certainly not as good as some of the great photo's on here....but here's mine...

Left to right...Martin 00-15M, Dave Navarro sig Epiphone, 2006 Gibson Explorer with classic and classic+ pickups, Pearly Gates, 1978 25/50 Les Paul Custom, 1979 Strat, John Cruz Masterbuilt 60's Strat, Custom shop 57 Strat, and Gibson J200.....on the stand is my lads lefty Kobain Jag

:)

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    ^^^^^

Ooooh that Explorer, grrrrr.

The Pearly's nice an' all if it's the VOS model.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • 1nten5e1nten5e Frets: 245
    It is indeed the VOS :)
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4132
    edited November 2013
    Here's something that's a bit of an ongoing project; 

There're a couple more mods to do in the near-future. The biggest of these is a Blade-Runner arriving next week, and I've got to route the pickguard for a bridge filter'tron that I've got here for it too but I doubt I'll get that done until xmas break. I've also got two mid-60s Mustang pickups that'll be getting rewound by @TheGuitarWeasel soon for the neck & middle positions.

The body is (I think) an older Squier Standard series, the routing matches up at least with a lot from the late-90s/early 2000s, and the finish is one that they used. @Stickyfiddle has a sister body that matches it near-identically, the finish is more metallic than it looks in pics and is pretty close to Sherwood Green. The neck has just arrived today (thanks @Bloog) and is a tinted CV50s one that compliments the green better than it's predecessor (a non-tinted CV50s neck) did. It's got locking, height-adjustable, Gotoh Klusons on there, CTS pots, russian PIO cap, Switchcraft 5-way, push-cloth wiring, and copper-shielded cavities. I've set it up with 1 volume, and a master tone, but I plan on moving the volume pot slightly further away from the bridge as I prefer the Suhr-style layout instead. 

Once I'm happy with the electronics config, and I've had chance to make a decision on the bridge filtertron, I'll get a new pickguard made up for it in thin white 1-ply, no-bevel. Currently she weighs in at a perfect 7.5lbs too. B-) The whole point of this build was for me to use it as a cheap test-bed for some electronic & pickup configuartions in advance of a new custom-build next year, I'm pretty sure I'll keep this one anyway as a "backup" as it's been a lot of fun experimenting & tweaking it.

• Here's something that's a bit of an ongoing project; 

The body is (I think) an older Squier Standard series, the routing matches up at least with a lot from the late-90s/early 2000s, and the finish is one that they used. @Stickyfiddle has a sister body that matches it near-identically, the finish is more metallic than it looks in pics and is pretty close to Sherwood Green. The neck has just arrived today (thanks @Bloog) and is a tinted CV50s one that compliments the green better than it's predecessor (a non-tinted CV50s neck) did. It's got locking, height-adjustable, Gotoh Klusons on there, CTS pots, russian PIO cap, Switchcraft 5-way, push-cloth wiring, and copper-shielded cavities. 

It does look like a cheeky Sherwood Green number!

I've just ordered a russian PIO cap myself, what value did you plump for?
  • Pretty sure it was a normal .047uf one, I had it lying around from a previous build. I might test out a G&L treble and bass circuit too at some point though so it'll all change again I'm sure. :)
  • Pretty sure it was a normal .047uf one, I had it lying around from a previous build. I might test out a G&L treble and bass circuit too at some point though so it'll all change again I'm sure. :)
    I went for the same, got some 50's style pickups and will see how it turns out. 

All right @mosfed, nobody likes a show off!
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    edited November 2013
    Here we go...

'89 US standard Strat I bought new...

'04 Gibson Les Paul Standard...

'09 Gibson Les Paul Junior...

Frankly embarrassing Ovation Celebrity DeLuxe I bough new in the early '90's and have played about six times since 

:(

I sell/trade it if I wasn't so idle. 

• MosfedMosfed Frets: 25
    sorry.......

After some of the other posts, I thought I was pretty tame!

streethawk said:
    Pretty sure it was a normal .047uf one, I had it lying around from a previous build. I might test out a G&L treble and bass circuit too at some point though so it'll all change again I'm sure. :)
    I went for the same, got some 50's style pickups and will see how it turns out. 

All right @mosfed, nobody likes a show off!

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited February 2014
    This was my first proper guitar (well second I px'd a strat plus for it) - 98 SG Standard signed by Allan Holdsworth. Nicknamed Frank
    Jim - 2009 Tokai ES130
    The pedal board
    Bernie - 2009 PRS DGT, 10 top with birds. My current squeeze, I adore this guitar.
    And finally the amps
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • CacofonixCacofonix Frets: 356
    edited February 2014
    The current Stable.

Back row L-R: PRS CU24, Carvin FG-1, Ibanez AM-50, 1983 Artist, Goldtop Fernandez Super Grade (Luper Prade),

Front row: Fender Mex strat with BKP Irish Tours, Michael Kelly Patriot Custom.

A better shot of my two "go to" guitars.

The Ibanez on the right is leaving soon. It's been upgraded with a PRS Super Bass in the neck and a Deep Dish II in the bridge (or vice versa, I can't remember).

A better shot of the gray one.  The one on the right is a keeper, and has a great coil tapping system where each coil of the HB is a genuine singlecoil, apparently.

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    down sized and perfect...for now...