**FULL** as of Weds 2nd Feb.
Subject to the last couple of people confirming (with payment), the attendee list is now FULL.
However, some people invariably have to drop out between now and the actual event due to all sorts of reasons, so any further "want-to-comes" will be added to the reserve list and then contacted in turn if anyone does have to drop out before the event.
I'd guess that at least the first 5 reserves will end up getting a place, and quite possibly a few more.
With thanks to @poopot
, there's going to be another FretBoard jam, meet-up, chat'n'stuff session.Saturday 2nd Jun 2018, 11ish until 5ish.Water Rat studios
We'll have the use of 3 or 4 separate rooms, so plenty of time and space for;
- the setlist performers - which can all be recorded in studio standard quality
- a more free form jam / practice area
- a quiet chat & chill area
We'll be aiming for the same sort of approach that worked so well at the Quad/Leicester, Northampton and Huddersfield/Sasquatch sessions.
- all ability levels welcomed, and encouraged, to get up and play
- but "on-stage" playing isn't the only purpose of the day
- a pre-agreed setlist, with attendees signing up to play whichever part they prefer on each song
- attendees get to influence the setlist, although organisers say is final (because drummer/bassist/vox need to be sorted too)
- option to repeat some songs if they're popular so that everyone who wants to, gets to play
The other sessions have been very well received by those attending, and will be repeated later this year.
(Actually, there may be a rather special event in late summer - but more on that in another post, on another day
There are 25 spaces open for this.
Cost for The Southern Jam will be £15/hd. Doesn't seem bad for 6 hours across 3-4 rooms in a pro level studio with the option of some proper recordings done too. Payment is requested when you say "I'm in" (or equivalent) as we need to pay the studios.
- Add a starting setlist, and update as we firm it up in the next post on this thread.
- Maintain an attendee list, and update that in the following post on this thread.
- As the attendee list gets filled up, I'll add a reserve list.
If someone needs to drop out after they've confirmed and paid, they'll be refunded as long as a reserve steps in (and pays).
Sign up below ...Payments (PPG) to theFretBoard@outlook.com