theFretBoard Jam - goes South - 2nd Jun 2018 **RESERVE LIST OPEN**

What's Hot

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    Oh heck - I'm in if there are still places?

Paypal on it's way

Can I suggest we add Sunshine of your Love to the list, where I could do guitar and vocals unless someone really good wants to do vocals!

I'd also like to do some guitar and maybe vocals on Champagne Supernova....?

If I could be cheeky and help @legionreturns on No Surface All Feeling, which is one of my favourite songs of all time, and Why Does It always Rain On Me worked really well in Northampton because it's pretty easy to play.  Just ideas though

As always I'm happy to help on vocals if we fall short anywhere.  Though if anyone else wants to do so, that would no doubt be everyone else's preferred option

Apparently our special guest played on XTRMNTR amongst other albums so playing with him would be an opportunity far too good to pass up :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pmbomb said:
    @TTony ;; I second Shook Me (did put it in my suggestions I think). I take it you got my PPG and I'm on the list, thanks.

on reflection you probably couldn't tie the PPG to a username - I PM you.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27342
    pmbomb said:
    pmbomb said:
    @TTony ;; I second Shook Me (did put it in my suggestions I think). I take it you got my PPG and I'm on the list, thanks.

on reflection you probably couldn't tie the PPG to a username - I PM you.
    It's OK - I tied the two together  already.  If you check the first couple of posts on the thread you'll see that your name is on the attending list, and your song suggestions are in the song suggestions post
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    thx Tony. Pls delete message I sent u, I thought they were private.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    @TTony did I make the list? :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    pmbomb said:
    thx Tony. Pls delete message I sent u, I thought they were private.
    @pmbomb - if you "message" someone, then that's private - it's the "PM" that you'll often see mentioned here.  If you add a comment to someone's profile wall, those comments are public and visible to all.  Generally, PMs are used rather than wall comments.

@TTony did I make the list? :)
    You're in Ed @darthed1981 ;
    :)
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3007
    edited February 2018
    If Darrin is going to be looking at my bottom I'm going to have to get myself down to "bums 'n tums" . Want to make a good pressing and all that! 
  • I'm in. Song suggestions from me are Basket Case (Green Day) and Won't Back Down (Tom Petty).
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6636
    peteri said:
    I'm in, never been to one - and likely will be a bit shy on confidence for the jam, but will bring whatever guitars I have for a gear chat and if anyone wants to try something vintage or made by Feline (which is basically all I have now!)

Lets hope you have a brand spanking new Axe-Fx III to bring along as well !! Will be good to check that out.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    peteri said:

Thanks - that helps, and now I've breathed deeply, I think there are about 8 songs on the list I can get near, so there's hope!

That's about 7 more than me.  

The thing is, I've spent the last 20 years aimlessly noodling, stumbling on riffs, making shit up, etc. I haven't once in that time ever had to or tried to learn a song all the way through, though I am pretty decent at doing 20 second vignettes of many of them. 

I don't event know where to start*

I know Pretty Vacant and am confident on Fortunate Son, You shook me all Night Long, etc.

*Not strictly true. I know that a bit of effort will help. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited February 2018
    I'm in. Song suggestions from me are Basket Case (Green Day) and Won't Back Down (Tom Petty).
    Excellent @Guitar_Slinger

PPG please to theFretBoard@outlook.com to confirm your place.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    mrkb said:
    peteri said:
    I'm in, never been to one - and likely will be a bit shy on confidence for the jam, but will bring whatever guitars I have for a gear chat and if anyone wants to try something vintage or made by Feline (which is basically all I have now!)

Lets hope you have a brand spanking new Axe-Fx III to bring along as well !! Will be good to check that out.

me too! I'll either bring that or my AX8
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    McToot said:
    peteri said:

Thanks - that helps, and now I've breathed deeply, I think there are about 8 songs on the list I can get near, so there's hope!

That's about 7 more than me.  

The thing is, I've spent the last 20 years aimlessly noodling, stumbling on riffs, making shit up, etc. I haven't once in that time ever had to or tried to learn a song all the way through, though I am pretty decent at doing 20 second vignettes of many of them. 

I don't event know where to start*

I know Pretty Vacant and am confident on Fortunate Son, You shook me all Night Long, etc.

*Not strictly true. I know that a bit of effort will help. 

I'm exactly the same! Morale boosted, thanks!
  • Remember,  these events are as much about meeting up and having a good time with like-minded musicians.  Showing off your chops is only part of it. Whether you've been playing for 2 weeks or 40 years you'll be supported and encouraged.

Everyone I've met via theFB has been lovely.

Even @McToot! ; <3
    I'm in. Song suggestions from me are Basket Case (Green Day) and Won't Back Down (Tom Petty).

+1 Won't Back Down.

@peteri 4 power chords pretty much cover it, and the solo, which is beautiful, is a doddle. (bit of a Mike Campbell fan, me).
    Remember,  these events are as much about meeting up and having a good time with like-minded musicians.  Showing off your chops is only part of it. Whether you've been playing for 2 weeks or 40 years you'll be supported and encouraged.

Even @McToot! ; <3
    I am lovely - it's completely true.  

I'm also really good at meeting up and having a good time. I'm just lazier than a sloth that has a trust fund and 5 personal servants. 

@Flanging_Fred - not sure how much gear you were thinking of bringing but happy to look at the possibility of coming via Horsham on my way?

• Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3007
    edited February 2018
    McToot said:
    Remember,  these events are as much about meeting up and having a good time with like-minded musicians.  Showing off your chops is only part of it. Whether you've been playing for 2 weeks or 40 years you'll be supported and encouraged.

Even @McToot! ;; 3

I'm also really good at meeting up and having a good time. I'm just lazier than a sloth that has a trust fund and 5 personal servants. 

@Flanging_Fred - not sure how much gear you were thinking of bringing but happy to look at the possibility of coming via Horsham on my way?

Was thinking of just bringing gig stuff, 2 guitars, gig bag, pedal board and an amp if needed.  A shared trip would be cool and I can chip in some petrol ££

I suspect there might be enough room in the McToot charabanc.
    McToot said:

Even @McToot! ;; 3

Was thinking of just bringing gig stuff, 2 guitars, gig bag, pedal board and an amp if needed.  A shared trip would be cool and I can chip in some petrol ££

Ooh aye - we have a new and much extended wagon now - a seven seater. I'll ping you closer to the time. 

• McToot said:
    McToot said:

Even @McToot! ;; 3

Ooh aye - we have a new and much extended wagon now - a seven seater. I'll ping you closer to the time. 
    Groovy.
    You'll be passing through Dorking then?
This discussion has been closed.