How long does it take for an order from Thomann to be delivered?

What's Hot
Keyboard ordered and paid for a week yesterday (Monday).  Tracking info is minimal, has been collected by courier.  Surprised I did not receive the order yet.  Am I being a bit impatient or should the order be delivered by now?  I sent an email to Thomann about this yesterday, but got no response yet.  Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    10 days was my experience for a bass.

I couldn't really track it until it hit these shores and I believe the message was something similar to yours;however, your waiting time sounds about right and I'd wait a few more days.

You can phone Thomann and the guy there was very helpful
  • Reminds me of that ol’ poem. Waiting. 
  • Usually less than a week for me. I think the website says 3-4 days for UK, not sure for Ireland 
  • 4-5 days for me usually in Edinburgh, followed by 3-4 days of paperwork to arrange a return, 3-5?days travel time in reverse then 3-14 days for a refund in my experience. It’s not worth it anymore IMO.

They will also hilariously send you detailed instructions on packing returns to avoid any damage in shipping when the reason it’s going back is cos they shipped it in a bare cardboard box with one air packet and the couriers destroyed it.

Or send you a bass that should never have made it out of the factory. 
  • TAMCOTAMCO Frets: 9
    I've placed several orders in the last couple of years and about a week is normal.

www.theacousticmusicco.co.uk
  • Axe2GrindAxe2Grind Frets: 5
    edited February 2018
    I placed an order with Thomann a few weeks ago albeit it was only for a small booster pedal but I ordered it on a Sunday evening, it arrived on the Wednesday and I could track it on the Monday evening. They use DHL and they are pretty good but for larger items like a keyboard to the UK, I'd give it 5 working days, you should be able to track it once you get confirmation from Thomann that they've dispatched it from their warehouse.
  • 4-5 days for me usually in Edinburgh, followed by 3-4 days of paperwork to arrange a return, 3-5?days travel time in reverse then 3-14 days for a refund in my experience. It’s not worth it anymore IMO.
    Oh yeah there’s this. Twice I was sent previously returned and used gear and twice I was offered a hilariously low discount to keep it.

Not a place to order from if you’re in a hurry. I have used Bax a few times recently who are faster at shipping, and so far no issues with packing.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Last one was next day !!!!!! (Few small bits in the usual mahoosive box)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback

•  They will also hilariously send you detailed instructions on packing returns to avoid any damage in shipping when the reason it’s going back is cos they shipped it in a bare cardboard box with one air packet and the couriers destroyed it.

I've only ever bought one thing from Thomann, I think it took about 4 days. As for the packaging though... It was an acoustic guitar, and as it was being shipped from so far away I thought it prudent to also purchase the recommended hard case (a bargain at around £36). Guitar arrived in one big cardboard box, empty case in another big cardboard box...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4942
    The keyboard arrived today.  Intact and with no visible damage to the box.  It works perfectly.  Only slight problem is the power adapter.  It is the type that the pins can be swapped from 2 pin to the UK 3 pin.  But only the 2 pin bit was supplied.  I emailed Thomann and requested they send the 3 pin part for the power adapter.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @Rocker it used to be their policy to supply only European power connectors. I've a suspicion they've revised it now, but it's made me wary of buying anything from them that's mains powered or requires a wall-wart.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • They usually dispatch the day after you place the order. So if you order on a Monday, it gets picked up by DHL Tuesday evening.

If you live in Germany, it arrives Wednesday. Anywhere else, it depends on how long DHL takes from Germany to you. 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4942
    @Phil_aka_Pip, Thomann sent me a locking adaptor to convert the two pin European plug to the three pin UK type.

@mistercharlie, the couriers got the package to me eventually. It ended up being delivered by the postman.

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum