theFB Jam - South (WaterRats) SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I quite fancy the idea of bass on Beat it.  Put me down for it for now.   if I practice it and struggle then I'll drop out and let someone else do it.

Was looking at the vocals, but I'm not that I can sing some of them without going down an octave.  Most of the easy ones seem to be taken.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Ok, I'll sing Vocal 1 on 'Comfy', that'll be RW's part "Hello,.......is there anybody in there", mainly because I'm Only playing lead on that track and at those points, I'm not actually playing the guitar.

I've never been able to do Vocal 2, DG's part and that does need an electro-acoustic strummed along to it to sound right.

I can bring my Gretsch which will get close enough for that if someone wants to play it?
  • Alnico said:
    I've never been able to do Vocal 2, DG's part and that does need an electro-acoustic strummed along I can bring my Gretsch which will get close enough for that if someone wants to play it?
    I'll have my acoustic with me anyway. I've never looked at it but I'm sure it can't be too hard so I'll nab that bit.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Are we doing Beat It in the original Eb?  Or are we going to do it in E to avoid down tuning?
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Good shout since I’ll have a locking trem be good to know!
  • crunchman said:
    Are we doing Beat It in the original Eb?  Or are we going to do it in E to avoid down tuning?
    I can't speak with any authority, but at previous jams we've not tuned to Eb... We've tended to stick to standard tuning

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2236
    edited February 2018
    At quad we did it in e. It was a lot easier. I practiced in eb 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    Who's playing what list updated at post #2 on page 1.
    :)

crunchman said:
    peteri said:
    Good shout since I’ll have a locking trem be good to know!
    crunchman said:
    I can't speak with any authority, but at previous jams we've not tuned to Eb... We've tended to stick to standard tuning
    slacker said:
    At quad we did it in e. It was a lot easier. I practiced in eb 

Seems like the consensus is to do Beat It in E.
    @crunchman
    @darthed1981 ;
    @Brocco ;
    @peteri ;

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12351
    Alnico said:
    Ok, I'll sing Vocal 1 on 'Comfy', that'll be RW's part "Hello,.......is there anybody in there", mainly because I'm Only playing lead on that track and at those points, I'm not actually playing the guitar.

I've never been able to do Vocal 2, DG's part and that does need an electro-acoustic strummed along to it to sound right.

I can bring my Gretsch which will get close enough for that if someone wants to play it?
    I need to check for Comfortably numb, I am down for rhythm, when I usually play it I play a mix of what I think is the piano chords and a bit of the strings part, is it easier if I stick to the piano chords?
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    TTony said:
    Seems like the consensus is to do
    Yes, I agree it's just fine in E and worked well at Quad.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    Easy either way regarding playing Beat It in Eb or E.

Come Together has two solo's (not yet claimed), the first of which is harmonised. Although this makes me feel a little uncomfortable, I would like to put my name down for one of the harmonised solo parts.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    works for me in E (as well as any other key, I'm equally crap!)
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    munckee said:
    Alnico said:

I need to check for Comfortably numb, I am down for rhythm, when I usually play it I play a mix of what I think is the piano chords and a bit of the strings part, is it easier if I stick to the piano chords?
    Yes.
    It's subtle through the verses and gets a bit more enthusiastic towards the end over the second solo.

Also we can't fade out as per studio track so I'll use the same contact point that DG does live to signal the ending.
    Listen to any live version. DG hits the very top frets in the solo only once and it's right before the end. When you hear that it means finish next time around.....

I've got the BT if you want it and that it set up to finish as per the live track.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    I'd like to do some bass as well if I can!
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27453
    Bucket said:
    Still plenty of bass slots free @bucket,  pick what you like,
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    Bucket said:
    Still plenty of bass slots free @bucket,  pick what you like,
    Ok - I'll do All Right Now and Comfortably Numb :)
    edited February 2018
    Oh, and what key for Signed Sealed Delivered? I'm happy in the original (F) but does anyone want to change?

@lovestrat74 @Jonathangus ;
  • Wow, sounds like it's going to be a great selection of songs. Really sad I can't come but reading all of this, it would be way above my abilities anyway. Hope you have a really great time! 
  • Bucket said:
    Oh, and what key for Signed Sealed Delivered? I'm happy in the original (F) but does anyone want to change?

Best ask @poopot it's his baby..
  • Bucket said:

I did it with the Rock Project in F (standard tuning with a capo at the first fret).
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb