Hermes are still shit!

What's Hot
They lost a guitar I bought on here and are saying they can’t investigate cos I left it more than 5 days to contact! The tracking said it was at the regional depot so I assumed it was delayed due to the weather!

Bunch of cunts! 

I asked for the address of the regional depot and they said they couldn’t give it to me cos of Data Protection!! Of a building! 

Bunch of cunts! 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71958
    I'm fairly sure they must give out the address, by law. They are a business.

Even if that's not correct you're bound to be able to find it - is it one of these?

https://courierlocations.uk/tag/my-hermes-regional-depot/

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robwrightrobwright Frets: 736
    The seller has just told me that Herpes were going to contact the driver who took it for delivery! I think we know the answer! How can this happen???

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71958
    robwright said:
    The seller has just told me that Herpes were going to contact the driver who took it for delivery! I think we know the answer! How can this happen???
    Because they pay peanuts and thus employ monkeys...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

Thievin' monkeys!

Thanks @ICBM - this is where I'm going tomorrow
    UNIT 6A, PLOT 6, GOVIER WAY, CENTRAL PARK, WESTERN APPROACH DISTRIBUTION PARK, BRISTOL BS35 4GG

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    The problem is really down to the seller. The Hermes delivery contract is with him, not you, that’s why they won’t give you any data. He either needs to get on to them to chase up what’s happening or refund you and then claim it back from Hermes......please say it was sent insured, right?  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3132
    They can be awkward buggers even when the seller contacts them. 

I’ve only had one problem with Hermes to date and that was a delivery isssue where the driver didn’t leave a card, that package eventually came back to me and I personally delivered it to the buyer, parcel force on the other hand are far worse.

I wouldn’t use either to send a guitar though.

Best of luck getting this resolved.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    robwright said:
    They lost a guitar I bought on here 
    Someone on here sent a guitar via Hermes?

You let them?

Those are more surprising aspects than Hermes not delivering and/or losing it somewhere along the way.

If it was a £50 guitar, then, fair enough (assuming that either party can afford to take the loss).  But for anything  of any value, I'd use a more reputable courier option.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    boogieman said:
    The problem is really down to the seller. The Hermes delivery contract is with him, not you, that’s why they won’t give you any data. He either needs to get on to them to chase up what’s happening or refund you and then claim it back from Hermes......please say it was sent insured, right?  :#
    Aye, that’s correct, so I would suggest you don’t waste any more of your time and let the seller sort it out one way or another.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    there does seem to be a growing downward trend in service from a number of courier firms. I had a bad experience with DPD, a previously good firm. It would seem that the continual pressure on prices is making itself told in service.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1467
    We're really lucky that the Herme's driver for our area, is just one lady, and she's really accommodating, and updates the locals via our community facebook page. So when the bad weather hit she basically said "I tried to get out, but it's too dangerous, any deliveries due I'll get round as soon as it's safe to do so". 

So they're not all bad, but I suspect the majority are. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12257
    I guess it’s a lesson to the seller, don’t scrimp on the courier
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I keep saying it: "If you value it, take/fetch it yourself"
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Sitting on the other side of the fence for a moment... having sold guitars to guys on here (upstanding chaps all), its always been a case of offering me less money than asked including 'postage'. So, if you want it for cheaps you have to accept cheaps postage - this ain't a charity. I've yet to have anyone ask me for postage "options" or ask who I'm sending stuff with. I doubt anyone would pay the uplift to a "premier" delivery service, either.

FWIW, I've sent literally hundreds of parcels with Hermes over the past 18months - of those, not one was reported lost or damaged. INCLUDING a guitar or two. Nearly two years ago, I had a classic car part that was damaged in transit - a full insurance payout was received, plus a refund of the shipping fee based on four photographs and two emails. Try that with the wankers in red vans... Plus during the bad weather the ONLY parcels (or post of any kind) I received were from Hermes.

If you have a problem with your local driver, rather than whinge online about it would it not be better to report it to Hermes? They are the only courier I've encountered where feedback actually seems to improve things. A genuine response from Parcelfarce once when politely chasing a late delivery for the third time was met with: "why don't you just fuck off"... I reported that to their head office, and was promised that the issue would be looked into. I received nothing back from them, so when I chased it nobody seemed to be able to give me any info on what had been done. The same individual still works at the main sorting hub in the same role... Oh and the parcel arrived with footprints all over it and damage... I wonder why.

And don't anyone start saying that UPS are better as they are utter fuck-biscuits when things go wrong - and believe me, they do. Parcelforce will lie to your face and change their system to back up the lie... a word of advice, take screenshots of the tracking system. DPD seem to be unware of the concept of time (despite giving you a time and date when they aim to deliver... and don't). They are all arseholes - its like the wild west currently.

So Hermes... they are genuinely not as bad as folks make out.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • I will also jump in with a Hermes +, I have 102 parcels sent on my Hermes account and have only ever had 2 problems, one where it turned out buyer had given me wrong address(duh).. and the other where they lost a lens and an apology came 48 hours after putting in a claim with full compensation and a 50% off next order.

I switched to Hermes after problem with Parcel2Go CS and numerous problems with Royal Mail Parcels (not RMSD that service is great)..

I don’t think I have nor would use them for a guitar though.. do they even insure guitars?
    Despite ParcelForce ‘losing’ a few parcels I sent before Xmas, which totalled around £2000 worth of orders, I am sticking with them because as a percentage of what I sent before Xmas it is small amount and all of the other courier companies don’t actually seem any better.

No matter what though, it was my problem to sort out and send replacements to my customers.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12645

I don’t think I have nor would use them for a guitar though.. do they even insure guitars?
    Nobody does. Sorry... let me rephrase that...

Everybody with insure a guitar in transit - ie they will take the money.
    Nobody will pay out.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    They will all insure for loss though, but not damage, and in this case the guitar is lost right?

(insuring for loss up to the relevant amount is another matter though but in my experience it is worth the extra amount payable just in case)
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24209
    I've just tried to complain to them because their driver keeps opening my front door and leaving parcels in my hallway - without even knocking.  Call me old fashioned but as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY people opening my door should be me and my wife.  If I catch the fucker doing it, I'm going to treat him like I would any intruder.

I bet you Hermes don't even get back to me.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    Emp_Fab said:
    I've just tried to complain to them because their driver keeps opening my front door and leaving parcels in my hallway - without even knocking.  Call me old fashioned but as far as I'm concerned, the ONLY people opening my door should be me and my wife.  If I catch the fucker doing it, I'm going to treat him like I would any intruder.

I bet you Hermes don't even get back to me.
    Sounds like a really good way to piss off the delivery driver. They probably think they’re doing you a favour by leaving it in a safe place.  Can’t you just lock the door?