Ivison Guitars - Build and Repair Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    I've worked it out now but took a bit of googling. Was good fun.Lindsey de Paul connection was the key. Found a pic of the guy playing his original Junior. Look forward to seeing guitar finished.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1171
    Hi @IvisonGuitars, would you be able to build a junior with a 1/2 telecaster bridge and string through body?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    brooom said:
    Hi @IvisonGuitars, would you be able to build a junior with a 1/2 telecaster bridge and string through body?
    Hi @brooom, that sounds like an interesting project! Sure, drop me an email at info@ivisonguitars.com and we can chat through what you’re looking for. 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1171
    edited August 2019
    @IvisonGuitars - will do, I've talked to you many times about potentially building one. Might have a go now, if you're up to doing something slightly different... not too different though.
    tFB Trader
    brooom said:
    @IvisonGuitars - will do, I've talked to you many times about potentially building one. Might have a go now, if you're up to doing something slightly different... not too different though.
    Certainly! Always keen to try something a little different :) 
    (formerly miserneil)
    tFB Trader
    Just finished assembling this one: 

Gave it a quick spin too...

(formerly miserneil)
    1reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    Awesome as always!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That sounds mega!
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    Yep, sounds amazeballs. What pickup?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Fantastic
    tFB Trader
    @sawyer @mark_jwedge @roberty @Lebarque ;

Many Thanks chaps! Pickup is an @OilCityPickups Firewatch :)
    (formerly miserneil)
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    Just finished assembling this one: 

Gave it a quick spin too...

That is some righteous tone!
    tFB Trader
    Morning chaps!

After many favourable comments and support from members here over the last 2 years regarding my guitars, the one overriding thing mentioned by both customers and industry friends who's opinion I value greatly, is that I should have my name on them.

So, after working with my good pal (and serious guitar playing talent @PC1971 at Liberty Create) I am proud to bring you my new logo...

All guitars will now feature the script logo in Gold as standard on the single pickup models and in MOP on the twin pickup models 

The Half Penny Coin will still be available as a special order.

Vintage Guitar Repair, Restoration & Replica work will now appear under the Ivison Vintage brand:

(formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Yes.  I like the logo.  Good choice.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5112
    Morning chaps!

After many favourable comments and support from members here over the last 2 years regarding my guitars, the one overriding thing mentioned by both customers and industry friends who's opinion I value greatly, is that I should have my name on them.

So, after working with my good pal (and serious guitar playing talent @PC1971 at Liberty Create) I am proud to bring you my new logo...

All guitars will now feature the script logo in Gold as standard on the single pickup models and in MOP on the twin pickup models 

The Half Penny Coin will still be available as a special order.

Vintage Guitar Repair, Restoration & Replica work will now appear under the Ivison Vintage brand:

I was only watching one of your YouTube videos, and I thought that I absolutely love all your builds , but wasn’t crazy about the penny design. I think the new logo is a Brilliant move  :)
  • The new logo looks great Neil, you should have done that from the start. I never cared for the penny coin headstock, for me it just didn't look right.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2019 tFB Trader
    @Philly_Q @tone1 @SidNewton ;;

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Regarding the coin, for every 2 people that liked it, 1 didn’t and that’s absolutely fine, I wanted something to establish an identity with from the start, a talking point on forums and at guitar shows and, to that end, it was a great success.

Now, with the guitars very much standing on their own merit and I find myself moving into a larger market with the introduction of some of my own models over the coming months, I felt it was time to put my name on them and establish the brand. So far it’s been met with a very positive reaction which I’m over the moon about  
    (formerly miserneil)
  • I like that new logo and prefer it to the penny. The penny was distinctive though and the first time I saw one up on stage I knew it was one of your guitars.

The new models of your own sound interesting - I do enjoy seeing all these forum businesses grow. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • Iamnobody said:
    The new models of your own sound interesting - I do enjoy seeing all these forum businesses grow. 
    This^ looking forward to seeing the new models. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14038
    tFB Trader
    @Philly_Q @tone1 @SidNewton ;;

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Regarding the coin, for every 2 people that liked it, 1 didn’t and that’s absolutely fine, I wanted something to establish an identity with from the start, a talking point on forums and at guitar shows and, to that end, it was a great success.

Now, with the guitars very much standing on their own merit and I find myself moving into a larger market with the introduction of some of my own models over the coming months, I felt it was time to put my name on them and establish the brand. So far it’s been met with a very positive reaction which I’m over the moon about  
    I agree with the issue of finding an identity and that coin was a talking point - Personally I prefer the new logo, but appreciate both sides of the 'coin' - No pun intended - But can see were you where coming from with the coin

Ultimately it is more about what is behind the brand - And that is basically you, the product and the story, coupled with dedicated attention to detail - Good luck and best wishes - Assume you'll be at Kempton in a month or so