SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: JTM45/100 Head

What's Hot
loophole888loophole888 Frets: 2
edited March 2014 in Amps £
Bit of a long shot, but there was a guy selling a Ceriatone JTM45/100 head for a very good price on the musicradar forum before it went down.  I'm ready for some good old blood expulsion from the ear holes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    you need a super lead for blood expulsion from the lugholes, 45/100 is only about 80w clean still bloody loud though
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Where on earth you gonna gig that at full tilt????? You'd have punters dying at your feet! ;)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Maybe but what a death it'd be ;)
    You should bi-amp with a Hiwatt Custom 200  lol
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
    I didn't have the amp the OP wants but I've had a 35w JTM 45 and a coupla Bluesbreakers. Could not get anywhere near cranked live. Too loud unless yer playing an arena!!!
  • Lol I seem to prefer high wattage amps even a lower volumes. Would like to give the jtm45/100 circuit a try since so many have said how special it is. I was looking to put a TAD amp kit together but heard about reliability issues with them and tons of hum...
  • jacksparrowjacksparrow Frets: 673
    the 45/100 sounds glorious at low volumes also, imho it's a myth marshall's only sound good cranked.
  • Thanks for the offer jd0272, but I have VM combo that I believe is very similar to the jtm45 (and the probably a 45/100 tbh but with less headroom)
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    The Marshall VM. I am not sure that there's anything finer. Why not save your cash?
  • I'm not sure tbh :) It's very nice and I'm only really learning to use it (preamp controls are very sensitive and easy to get an awful sound out of it) but as is common with the combos I seem to have quite a bit of tube rattle when I open it up....
  • matt1973matt1973 Frets: 386
    Have a look on the Marshall Roadhouse forum. I believe there are some threads that address the tube rattle issue somewhat. I haven't had much hassle dialling it in. I set the detail 1-2 notches above the body and eq to taste - I subsequently found out many others do this too.

So far I've only really used the low dynamic range but am really happy with the sounds I've been getting. I use it biamped with a Marshall Jubilee (so the mid switch is always on I this config) with a TS for big solos only. Everything else is done with the guitar volume pot. I really like that KT66 raspiness.

I think the VM will become collectible - did you notice the one on here last week? It sold in no time at all.
    loophole888;192698" said:
    Thanks for the offer jd0272, but I have VM combo that I believe is very similar to the jtm45 (and the probably a 45/100 tbh but with less headroom)

What offer??
  • FusionistaFusionista Frets: 184
    My current gigging amp is an MJW Orion with KT66's, 2-channel with boost based on the JTM45/100 circuits, and I have to say it is AWESOME - superb cleans right through to great raunch. Talk to Martin why don'tcha ?
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom