SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Sergei de Jonge Top Luthier Handbuilt OM Acoustic guitar for sale &/or p/ex

What's Hot
SammySammy Frets: 129
edited December 2018 in Acoustics £
This is an absolutely superb OM guitar built by Sergi de Jonge himself in 2011. He is one of the best, if not the best guitar builder in Canada and wel known top luthier throughout the USA and Europe. You will rarely ever see a used one come up for sale in the UK nor even the USA and there is now a 12 month waiting list for any de Jonge guitars, as both his daughter and sons also now build guitars, so have no idea how long it would be if you ordered from the master himself!

I have had and tried many acoustic guitars over the my years and I can honestly say this de Jonge is the best sounding I have ever heard and is a real dream to play. The french polish finish is exquiste and the Ziricote back and sides and Bearclaw Engleman spruce top look stunning, everything about this build is perfection, even down to the tuners, which are only put on his top models, they cost U$400 alone!  The guitar is finger pickers delight but either finger picking or just strumming/playing with a pick it is just a joy to play and with the added sound port, which many top lufiers are now incl at a cost, you can actually hear what the guitar itself sounds like, as if you were out front listening, rather than just hearing it side on. You really have to play it and hear for yourself, what a great difference a soundport makes, to how you hear your own guitar sound! 

The guitar is in fantastic condition with no wear on the frets, fretboard, nut/saddle etc and is beautifully set up.
Why am I now selling such a lovely guitar! I am mostly an electric player, so my de Jonge is only being used at home. I now work in a Care Home and as I play guitar twice a week for the residents, I need an acoustic that I can take there without fear of maybe getting it marked/damaged plus need a pickup in it, which there is noway I would want to start drilling any holes etc in such a wonderful guitar as it has no strap button, which is usual practice with handbuilt top acoustics.
Therefore I have just decided to sell the de Jonge and get a good quality but cheaper OM type guitar that I can also take out to the Care Home, without too much fear of marking etc.

A de Jonge built to these specifications and built by Sergi himself would set you back about £8,000, which isn't too far off the original price back in 2011. So I am looking for offers around the £4,500 mark which is a really reasonable price considering this is a really top quality OM acoustic. I am confident anyone who comes to try it will fall in love with it and want to take it back home with them!

As mentioned above, due to my needs, I will require another suitable small type bodied guitar so I would also be interested in a p/ex with cash, but only for a good quality guitar such as a Lowden S range model with rosewood back & sides and cedar top or similar type of guitar, as require a mellow tone, not too bright! Either with pickup or without as can have one fitted.

I have listed out the guitar details below, and have now managed to put some links to photos as posted below, PM me if interested and require any more details or further pics etc Thanks.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SammySammy Frets: 129
    Just to advise, though I am In Croydon area, I am actually nearer to West Wickham, Kent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4978
    Sammy said: I have listed out the guitar details below, but unfortunately as I don't have sites where I store photos, please contact me if interested and I can email over various photos etc. 
    It only takes a few minutes to register with imgur, upload some photos and then post them on here - and pictures help sales! Good luck with it.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pjfpjf Frets: 330
    In fact you don't even need to register with imgur. Simply Google "imgur upload", upload the photos there, and paste here.
    Thanks both for the info will look into it later when I get home.
    Finally managed to copy and paste to here one link of one photo, but imugar won't seem to accept additional pics being uploaded! :#
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Not working for me.
    wesker123 said:
    Not working for me.

It was on there but agree now its gone this is as bad as photo bucket thats why I got rid of it!
    Okay have managed after a lot of hassel to put links to 5 pics, last time I just came out of imgur site so am presuming it didn't save anything! So as I haven't signed up, is there anything I have to to click to save the images, ie share to community or something, before I come out of the site?
    edited April 2018

links as above
  • CastroCastro Frets: 509
    I know Sergei's guitars really well and I would say to anyone looking for an OM, try this rather than Ma*tin, Gib*on, Co*lings etc. Sergei is a master of his craft.

GLWTS

• There you go mate. 
    Thanks a lot Ourmaninthenorth, I had enough trouble just trying to get the links to work! =)

• Sammy said:
    Thanks a lot Ourmaninthenorth, I had enough trouble just trying to get the links to work! =)

My pleasure. 

Best regards on your taste. 
    Castro said:
    I know Sergei's guitars really well and I would say to anyone looking for an OM, try this rather than Ma*tin, Gib*on, Co*lings etc. Sergei is a master of his craft.

GLWTS
    Thanks Castro, your are completely right on this, I have previously had Martin's, a Collins etc over the many years and quite honesty the de Jonge is just a class above, that's one of the main reaons why I have to move it on, as its just too worrying to use weekly, where I work in Care Home for various reasons.  
    edited November 2018
    Have had a few offers of p/ex but nothing of interest. This is a fantastic guitar so WHY?
    edited November 2018
    If no p/ex, would be willing to accept slightly less for a straight cash sale, as need to get something urgently to use in the Care Home.
    This beauty is still here, as no suitable trades for me, please note I am not interested in an electric as p/ex. Thanks
    Have been asked for some better quality pics! Sorry the best I can do at the moment as camera not that great, but can assure that the guitar is lovely and looks far better than the photos and you won't be disappointed in any way. :)
    Make me a reasonable cash offer and it maybe could be yours, ;) as am very interested in a guitar that would really suit my current needs.