SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD!! FS: Mesa Boogie Express 5:25 1x12

What's Hot
jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
edited April 2014 in Amps £

Pics >>>>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/51479626@N06/sets/72157642902754583  <<<<

Trying to thin down my collection of amps! This is in pretty much immaculate condition, and even comes with user manual. The only thing I've noticed in the short time I've had it, is an occasional crackling on the clean mode of channel 1 which I'm pretty certain is down to a dodgy preamp tube. Other than that it's all good. 

There's some official blurb here. 2 x EL84s, 1x12 Celestion Vintage 30, built to usual Mesa standards. I've found it takes a bit of fiddling to get good sounds but they are in there. The modern voicing on channel two sounds sweet when cranked. There is a lot of interaction between the gain circuitry and the EQ, more gain requires less bass, that sort of thing. It would make an ideal recording amp due to the variety of different sounds, both vintage and modern, available. Don't expect recto levels of gain though! 

I am in the far reaches of West Wales, so although I'd prefer collection I am prepared to have it delivered. New they retail anywhere from £1000 up to £1400 (overpriced IMO). I'm looking for £695. No trades thanks.  

Thanks for looking :-)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Time for a bump and a price drop.
    £650 delivered anyone? Come on, you know you want to.... :-)
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26922
    Bargain! If I lived in the UK and didn't already have one I'd be right there!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305

Superb and versatile amp at a cracking price! These amps, particularly the 1x12 version, are the Bog's Dollocks!

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

Groan.  I'd love this but would need to get rid of the Carrera first.  Plus it's so far away it might as well be in Utah and I don't like the idea of courier-monkeys and amps...

Why do I look at these classifieds? 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2014
    Thanks chaps, for the positive comments. I just have about 6 too many amps and a large credit card bill (from buying them!) so some of them have to go :-(
    @mctoot I am sketchy also when it comes to couriering, but I did have this one wrapped in copious amounts of bubble wrap when it was sent to me, and it arrived unscathed... Surely you buy an amp and THEN get rid of what you don't need, *just in case* you end up needing both of them....
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    jaytmon said:
    Surely you buy an amp and THEN get rid of what you don't need, *just in case* you end up needing both of them....

True, but that's why my house is full of guitars and amps (which my kids see as trip hazards).  At the end of the day I'm an armchair strummist and really all I *Need* is a guitar (maybe two if one were being generous) and my THR10...

Instead I have 6 guitars, the Yamaha, a Cornford Carrera, an armful of pedals, a cheap drum kit (just for working latent aggression)...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

• shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    Pm'd