Boxing thread.

What's Hot
BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1767
...because we need it. 

Tonight's fight I didn't watch but it wasn't a massive surprise for me. Haye seems very post-prime and 1.44 v 2.73 odds before the fight seemed bit crazy for me. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    edited May 2018
    Want to see a slug-fest? Watch this:-

Leon Spinks vs Dwight Muhammad Qawi (formerly Dwight Braxton)

Not the crap we see these days!!! 

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3074
    ...because we need it. 

Tonight's fight I didn't watch but it wasn't a massive surprise for me. Haye seems very post-prime and 1.44 v 2.73 odds before the fight seemed bit crazy for me. 

It was a decent scrap.   Bellew was far better, more aggressive and hungrier.  Glad I backed him!
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7299
    I must admit I enjoyed it too. Haye had no bounce though, zero footwork and was looking for an early stoppage. Makes me think he got in the ring carrying the injury and bluffed everyone saying he was fine so the fight would go ahead.

Still pretty entertaining but I hope Bellew doesn't go after any proper heavyweights as I think he'll get rearranged.
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4686
    Fact is Haye has pretty much done nothing since Valuev but yet he talks a good game and we all buy into it, he has been finished for years as a boxer, good businessman though ;-)
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1767
    edited May 2018
    ...he talks a good game and we all buy into it...
    Err..  I don't.
  • Eubank jr to win, fight going the distance?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Have a sneaky feeling deGale will stop him. He has fought better quality opponents, Id say he has slightly heavier hands and although not the fighter he was I think he still has just enough quality. Looking forward to it either way
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12487
    George groves made eubank look silly  and I think degale is a better boxer and has a better chin.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    edited February 2019
    Eubank Jnr is a great fighter but struggles with decent boxers, Jnr stoppage or Degale points win. I hope Eubank Jnr wins though as Degale comes across as a complete arrogant cock.

Groves looks like Beaker from the muppets staring into space, maybe the cakes were strong tonight!
  • Wow , wasn't expecting that. De Gale needs to get his feet sorted out 
  • DeGale fighting like a bloke who has run out of ideas. Can see him getting stopped unless he pulls a big shot out of the bag. Everything he's doing right now is so predictable though. Single shot them grab and repeat
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6919
    edited February 2019
    Not impressed with DeGale he obviously decided he couldn’t trade with Eubank early on and adopted that lunge and grab routine.

Boring to watch and frustrating for his opponent.

Nearly as frustrating as Eubank senior dicking about in the background every time there’s a camera near Jr...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    How did eubank go from being out of his depth vs groves to beating degale? Did finally having a trainer make the difference or was he fighting the ghost of degale?
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6266
    @munckee - a bit of both I think. Eubank Jr has potential and talent, but IMO needs to get away from his Dad to really shine. Only then will we see the best of him IMO
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1767
    Anyone watching Ben Askren v Jake Paul tonight? 

I treat this fight as a joke really - former mma wrestler with zero boxing skills vs YouTuber who promotes himself as a right thicko.  
    Saying that - it's been very entertaining build-up, press conferences, media buzz around the event. 

Looks like bookies favour Paul to KO Askren but I don't know... guy took some serious hits in ufc and they didn't knock him out (Masvidal's fight aside of course).
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6919

I treat this fight as a joke really - former mma wrestler with zero boxing skills vs YouTuber who promotes himself as a right thicko.  
    Saying that - it's been very entertaining build-up, press conferences, media buzz around the event. 

Looks like bookies favour Paul to KO Askren but I don't know... guy took some serious hits in ufc and they didn't knock him out (Masvidal's fight aside of course).
    No but I’ll be watching the Andrade v Williams fight. Also looking forward to the Canelo v BJsS fight on 8th May. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    Iamnobody said:

No but I’ll be watching the Andrade v Williams fight. Also looking forward to the Canelo v BJsS fight on 8th May. 
    I’m looking forward to canelo vs BJS. I can’t see billy jo winning but it could be a harder night than canelo has had since he clearly lost to Golovkin.