SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Maton Mastersound MS2000

What's Hot
guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
edited July 2018 in Guitars £

Bit of a rarity here as not many of them seem to have made it to the UK. Tonally it’s quite similar to a thick SG / thinner LP - almost PRS-like in that sense. I’ve been a fan of them since seeing Josh Homme start using them in QOTSA, and I’m pleased to say the general feel and playability lives up to the wait. It's got a lively and resonant unplugged tone, but I'm not sold on the stock pickups so I’m keeping the price low enough for you to add something special from Mojo et al with ease.

*edit* Have now replaced the stock pickups and loom with some Alphas and a set of Alegree Desert Dew HB-sized P90s. The guitar sounds much better now and it's really brought it to life to reflect the unplugged tone. The stock pickups will be included, but I wouldn't recommend using them. Some snarly PAF-types would probably work great though if P90s aren't your thing.

I don’t think I even did an NGD thread for this but I’ve had it for roughly a year after one in Germany. I've cleaned it up and put new strings on but otherwise it’s essentially untouched due to how little I play these days, which is why it’s now up for sale. It does have a few dings as part of its history, but nothing significant and the neck is surprisingly unmarked. Frets are still in good condition too with plenty of life left.

£650 + postage, or collection from central / SE London. Includes original tweed Maton hardcase (fitted). I'd also be up trading for a Gibson SG Standard or Special.

https://i.imgur.com/nKvyhwc.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6Z4hF5t.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iceQYvR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/iDvA5OT.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    Bump!
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1846
    Awww

Like you I've wanted one of these since the Songs for the Deaf era QOTSA. Thats a keen price too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, it’s a damn cool guitar, but I really can’t justify keeping it any longer! Putting the money towards a wedding instead :)
  • ajaxajax Frets: 76
    Yeah, it’s a damn cool guitar, but I really can’t justify keeping it any longer! Putting the money towards a wedding instead :)
    Wives come & go, guitars are forever
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Lol - well I’ve had far more guitars than wives, and divorce was relatively straightforward last time, so who knows what the future will bring!
    edited July 2018

Bump! Would consider trading for a Gibson SG Standard or Special.

I'll get around to taking some better pics at some point this week, hopefully!

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1267
    edited March 2020
    steven70 said:
    PM'd Cheers
    Replied

On hold pending first refusal by @Steven70. New pickups fitted and description updated.

edited March 2020
    Sold! Thanks for the meet @steven70 ;- pleasure doing business with you! :)
    edited March 2020
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom