SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Collings OM1A Varnish, £3200

What's Hot
jonbutler88jonbutler88 Frets: 1
edited May 2018 in Acoustics £
Hi All,

First up, pictures: https://imgur.com/a/XMotplQ

For sale is my lovely Collings OM1A Varnish. I got it from Guitar Village about 18 months ago, and traded in my Martin OMJM, my Fender Deluxe Strat, and a chunk of cash. I had intended to just to a straight swap of the Martin for a cheaper Collings, but after I tried this guitar I couldn't really leave without it... I'm sure a lot of you can relate 

It has been properly looked after, stored away from direct sunlight in a smoke-free environment and never gigged. The guitar is in perfect condition, no knocks or scratches, and the tuning is rock solid. Sound wise, I think it sounds incredible, the combination of the Adirondack spruce top and the varnished finish (neither of which are standard on the OM1s) make it absolutely sing. I tried a number of Collings guitars side by side at the shop when I bought it, and this guitar sounded far better than the others, even some costing more than £7000!

The guitar comes with it's original TKL lockable case + key, the original Collings paperwork and warranty information, and a set of light-gauge Martin acoustic strings. I am also including the Hercules guitar stand and a Dunlop capo + picks if you would like them. 

Since I'm new to the forum, I imagine people might feel uneasy buying such a high-value item from an unknown name - due to this, and to the size and weight of the guitar and case, I will only allow collection in person so you can give the guitar a good once over and play it. I'm based in Cheltenham - depending on what my car situation is I may be able to meet you some reasonable distance from there,

I'm selling to raise funds for a house move - as a result I'm looking for a sale, not a swap or part-ex. Sensible offers will be considered. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Adjusted the price - from looking at other successful sale prices, £3500 seems like a more reasonable figure.
  • ChristianChristian Frets: 0
    What is the nut width and saddle spacing?
  • Hi Christian,

Honestly, I'm not sure of the exact specs - it should be the same as the OM1 though, does this page answer your questions: http://www.collingsguitars.com/acoustic-guitars/om1/?

Thanks,
    Jon
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChristianChristian Frets: 0
    Thanks Jon, I believe the standard nut width is 1 11/16 but many come with a custom 1 3/4 nut width, which I prefer. 

Cheers,

Christian
  • Ah, ok. I've just measured as best I can with a regular tape measure, and it looks like the standard 1 11/16 inch nut width I'm afraid.
  • Dropped the price to £3200 - any interest?
  • Still available?
  • It is, yes. Let me know if you have any questions.
  • Is shipping to Denmark out of the question?
  • Bump - this is still available, and I'm looking to find a good home for it as it's barely getting played here.