Yet another bloody Super Strat

What's Hot
sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
http://www.guitarsrebellion.com/crbst_812.html

They look so tired now, Tyler-esque headstock and generic hardware, next 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4195
    My comment stands, just what we need, not !, where is the originality and innovation ?
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    sweepy said:
    My comment stands, just what we need, not !, where is the originality and innovation ?
    Much as I completely agree I think you only have to look at the hordes of people turning out stone cold relics of Pre CBS Strats & Teles to see that the guitar market isn’t exactly a frenzied mass of innovation 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6217
    tFB Trader
    sweepy said:
    Where guitars are concerned, innovation and originality pretty much isn’t marketable. Anything that falls into that category is usually derided as ugly, unnecessary and ‘not fender or Gibson so why would I buy it?’
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    My current most played guitar is an Ibanez FRM200, it's got neck that's very similar to my Les Paul but the body whilst looking nothing like anything else is very comfortable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11869
    sweepy said:

So, are you getting one...?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16757
    There is loads of interesting and different stuff out there. Some even innovative, although I would argue innovation doesn’t need to be  the primary goal of most guitar builders.  

most of you wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    I just get bored with the lazy thinking of most guitar manufacturers, we have, Suhr, Vigier etc  on the high end of the Super Strat spectrum, tweaking the original design to the ‘nth degrees during fulfilling the market demand, I was just questioning that yet another Super Strat is just a cop out where genuine innovation seems to take a back seat
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28657
    sweepy said:
    Teuffel and Strandberg? 

Seems a bit circular to decry a long established guitar type as not being innovative. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    sweepy said:

So, are you getting one...?
    With depreciation like a stone ? Are you mad ? ;)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11869
    sweepy said:
    I just get bored with the lazy thinking of most guitar manufacturers, we have, Suhr, Vigier etc  on the high end of the Super Strat spectrum, tweaking the original design to the ‘nth degrees during fulfilling the market demand, I was just questioning that yet another Super Strat is just a cop out where genuine innovation seems to take a back seat
    Serious question @sweepy what do you personally want to see?

One could argue a super-strat is in many ways the perfect guitar, most high-end PRS are really either super-strats or super LPs, the whole 80s guitar thing is super-strats, my PRS SE Custom is basically a super strat.

So where should the design train go?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    sweepy said:
    Is it just that there is no more innovation to be had in the guitar building world anymore? I struggle to think just what you could change/add to a guitar that would make it innovative.
    Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1957
    edited July 2018
    I still think superstrats are the most practical/versatile and came about during the best decade for guitar music...

https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5162/5282951160_307fffd54f_b.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    I'd hate for ppl to mistakenly think I was playing a Chapman...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    sweepy said:
    Much as I completely agree I think you only have to look at the hordes of people turning out stone cold relics of Pre CBS Strats & Teles to see that the guitar market isn’t exactly a frenzied mass of innovation 
    Why should they  be .They are  just musical instruments .
  • Is that Vai (behind afroman) holding a Jackson? I guess that must be around his Zappa days?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    rossi said:
    DrBob said:
    sweepy said:
    Why should they  be .They are  just musical instruments .
    Again, agreed but should that necessarily preclude further development of the tool ? 
    If you think about how much the instrument developed & evolved between 1860 & 1960 it does feel like it’s gone off the boil a bit this past 60 years ..
    Or is it that the music we’re playing on it isn’t pushing the development any more ?
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    Is that Vai (behind afroman) holding a Jackson? I guess that must be around his Zappa days?
    yes it is, but not when he was with Zappa, this is the mid-80s sometime (that's Michael Sweet from Stryper on the left!). Can't remember what this was, was thinking it was that Hear'n'Aid charity thing, but it's not. Going to really annoy me now!!  =) (Unless it's just a Charvel/Jackson ad, which I have a feeling it might be now...)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    ah, yes it was an ad :) Thought I remembered seeing that before: https://forgottenguitar.com/2015/11/11/1006/
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    We need more super strats because all the current ones are shit 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom