Reverend guitars, any experience?

What's Hot
Any peeps got/had/tried one that could give me a bit of a review?

Ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4194
    edited June 2018
    I have 4, Eastside, Jetstream, Reeves Gabrels Signature and Airsonic, let’s just say I sold my Les Paul Gold Top and CS Strat, they are THAT good . Sensible hardware, very resonant Korina bodies with very comfy and playable necks allied with great pickups and sensible wiring mods make them pretty much unbeatable at the price. The looks divide opinion but I like something a bit different and quirky tbh and the ergonomics are not compromised for the sake of aesthetics 
    I see you are in !eicester, you are more than welcome to pop over if you want a good sit down and try them out 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1028
    edited June 2018
    I had a Reverend Billy Corgan signature guitar for a while. 
    Great guitar, nice and lightweight but balanced perfectly. Pickups were incredible, id happily have those Railhammers in any guitar that takes humbuckers. 
    Neck again was a winner, nice profile and fretwork was great.  
    Fit and finish was again great. Easily on par with high end mim Fender stuff, if not passing it for quality.
    I ended up selling mine and I really wish I didn't. I'm sure I'll end up with another once I have the cash. 
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3430
    I have an RG2 - I really like it but they are variable and some tend to the bland side. Variable fretwork ime too. Getting expensive these days as well but overall good guitars.
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    edited June 2018
    I have a Sensei HB. Bought it for a great price with a set of Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups.
    Light weight, super comfortable and I LOVE the bass contour knob. For me that's what makes the pickups sound fantastic. Otherwise they would have too much low end for my taste. Just roll the knob off a bit and the chime comes in.
    I have the original pickups on a Ibanez AS73 and like them a lot.
    Only think I hate about the guitar is the body shape and the colour but I totally forget about it everytime I play it.
    If I had to have just one guitar to play everything, I'd go with the Reverend.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1392
    I have a Charger 290. Lovely guitar. Wouldn't mind trying one of their semi hollows like the Club King or even the hollow Pete Anderton.
  • see I think I am having not needed GAS urges, I have my Nathan Sheppard w/ SD triple shots that gives me everything I could wish for and more. I have never gelled with a guitar as much, BUT since getting my lad the LP a few weeks back and my daughter a SG Junior the week after the house has gone guitar crazy at the mo so urges are high..

I bloody love this though.. but had never heard of them.

https://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/product/reverend_six_gun_sgiii_sunburst_2nd_hand-yother69620/
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    somehow I neeed an Airwave 12-string, but cannot justify the expense
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • I had a special edition Charger 290 with a Bigsby. Fantastic guitar, and the P90s were both clear and dirty. They’d break up by themselves when you hit the strings hard. 

Sold it because I got sick of the Bigsby. 
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited June 2018
    i have never seen one or played one in real life, all i know about them is they make my amp sound obscenely delicious.

i had my amp up for sale and someone sent me a message saying what did it sound like. so i searched youtube for a demo, heard this... and immediately took the listing down. which was a bit cheeky. but suddenly not for sale! made me realise it was me who is average not my amp.

this is a reverend flatroc, which i think is a fairly standard model within the range. nothing custom or weird. i think the video is as good a demo of the guitar as it is of the amp, because you can hear every whisper and scuff and ring of every note. & sustains for days. not sure how much that is guitar or amp but it is lush.

& 'a great voice for radio' as they say. or pillow talk. one smoothe dude.

anyway, as a looker, the flatroc is not something i would be immediately drawn to, but i can't deny they sound superb. a really sweet chime to them. as sweet as church bells, reverend.

guitar playing starts about 2 mins in.

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8540
    I’ve recently bought a Sensei Jr. A few weeks in here’s my real world opinions:

The Good...
    Very tidily built - can’t find any flaws, maybe a bit of black where the binding meets in the sharp horns, but that’s it, and I’m pretty fussy.
    Just seems nicely sorted, I.e. stays in tune, decent quality hardware. Nice fret job too.
    Bass cut knob is very useful.
    Very slick to play with 12” board, biggish frets etc.
    Looks cool.
    Lovely weight at under 7lbs but not neck heavy.

The Not So Sure Yet...
    The paint, whilst flawless, betrays it a little, just a bit more plasticky than you’d get on a high end guitar, and a bit sticky on the neck as a result.
    Nought wrong with the neck carve, just a bit “even” for my personal preference, I like them a bit more tapered, 1st to 12th fret.
    Having a few rattle issues with the bridge intonation screws.
    Overall the tone is good but a bit meh, could use a bit more character and cut, the base ingredients are there so just needs some experimentation, maybe a pickup swap, or just a pot value change.

So great for the cash, def one of the best guitars in its best price range, but I wouldn’t be trading my CS Febder or Suhr for one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2018
    All I can say is that those who have played mine have seriously looked at what they can sell to pay for one. I have played far more expensive guitars that either weren’t as well built or setup out of the box, so I’m saving for 2 more ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23033

It's a Strat innit...?

But one, I think, with a korina body which at least makes it a bit different.  I've never tried a Reverend of any style but I applaud their use of korina.

• AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    dindude said:
    I’ve recently bought a Sensei Jr. A few weeks in here’s my real world opinions:

The Good...
    Very tidily built - can’t find any flaws, maybe a bit of black where the binding meets in the sharp horns, but that’s it, and I’m pretty fussy.
    Just seems nicely sorted, I.e. stays in tune, decent quality hardware. Nice fret job too.
    Bass cut knob is very useful.
    Very slick to play with 12” board, biggish frets etc.
    Looks cool.
    Lovely weight at under 7lbs but not neck heavy.

The Not So Sure Yet...
    The paint, whilst flawless, betrays it a little, just a bit more plasticky than you’d get on a high end guitar, and a bit sticky on the neck as a result.
    Nought wrong with the neck carve, just a bit “even” for my personal preference, I like them a bit more tapered, 1st to 12th fret.
    Having a few rattle issues with the bridge intonation screws.
    Overall the tone is good but a bit meh, could use a bit more character and cut, the base ingredients are there so just needs some experimentation, maybe a pickup swap, or just a pot value change.

So great for the cash, def one of the best guitars in its best price range, but I wouldn’t be trading my CS Febder or Suhr for one.

Pretty well sums up my opinion of the Warhawk I own.  Its a good guitar for the money but nowhere near my US core PRS or Levinson Blades; more comparable with my SE One in build.  For a Korina guitar with P90s, a bit disappointed by the level of sustain.  Changed p/ups to BK P90s and no real improvement.  Around the time I bought it, I had the opportunity to buy a PRS Custom 22, which also has 3 x P90, for just a few hundred more and really wish I had splashed the cash.  of all my electrics, its the one I would miss least.  Not a bad guitar, but nothing special 
    It’s funny how opinion varies, I’ve owned and worked on some seriously great guitars over the last 40 years and the only guitar I’m buying next is another Reverend to join my 4
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    I tried one year's ago that looked Tele-like when I fancied a Tele.

Sounded nothing like a Tele. But was a great guitar to play.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28636
    see I think I am having not needed GAS urges, I have my Nathan Sheppard w/ SD triple shots that gives me everything I could wish for and more. I have never gelled with a guitar as much
    The only solution is another NSG. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    see I think I am having not needed GAS urges, I have my Nathan Sheppard w/ SD triple shots that gives me everything I could wish for and more. I have never gelled with a guitar as much
    The only solution is another NSG. 
    My Wife would like a word with you.. :-D
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2962
    I bought a Sensei with Railhammers online - a bit of a gamble, but it paid off. I loved it so much I ordered a Spacehawk from the same dealer - took a few weeks to come in, but it's an amazing guitar. Railhammers are excellent, and the bass contour control gives you amazing tonal range (along with the out of phase switch on the Spacehawk). Both guitars arrived well set up, and very well finished (they all get checked in the states before shipping, and that probably saves a lot of QC issues). They also both feature body contours like a Strat, which makes them very comfortable to play, especially with the large 335-size body of the Spacehawk - I just don't notice it's size when playing. The contour is obvious in this shot:

I'd certainly recommend checking out Reverends. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DulcetJonesDulcetJones Frets: 515
    I had a quick go on a semi acoustic model that looked a lot like a Gretsch the other day, I was impressed.  While I was there another player used it to lay down some high gain distortion tracks that were just screamin'.  The tone was somewhere between strat and Les Paul.

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5790
    Variable would be the one word I’d best use to describe them too and definitely not a guitar I’d ever buy unplayed.

I got to play a PA1 and totally feel in love with it. Perfectly built, great feel, wonderful sound and most amazingly, it just worked. As in the build and setup meant it stayed in tune and the bigsby was a joy to use. More than can be said most £3/4K Gretschs when they leave the shop. 

The sound and quality impressed me so much I saved the pennies to buy something with twin humbuckers and the Stratalike. Went along to the shop, played many and and went home with a Japanese Strat.

Some of them felt great but any that ticked the boxes I wanted were dull, lifeless and left me totally cold.