The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• PVO_DavePVO_Dave Frets: 2375
    Kemper Cabs coming soon?

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    From Facebook:

”If you happen to be at NAMM this weekend, come over to the Kemper booth at #3720. We have a new monitoring solution for you PROFILER players with us and we are interested in your feedback.
    Check out this cabinet featuring a selection of industry standard guitar speaker imprints and let us know what you think!”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Let's play guess the price!

Judging by the pricing, it won't be cheap.  They'll have some pull in the market as they'll claim it's the perfect, matched cab.

(Not to sound like a dig, I like them as a company)
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    joeyowen said:
    Let's play guess the price!

Judging by the pricing, it won't be cheap.  They'll have some pull in the market as they'll claim it's the perfect, matched cab.

(Not to sound like a dig, I like them as a company)
    A "tuned" cab is a decent idea on paper.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2399
    So has everyone tried the new reverbs? Thoughts?

I'm sticking with the Natural Reverb, mix at about 15%, 1 second decay. Also set the reverb / delay mix at -100% so they're parallel,

Sounds good IMO, although once again I'm not 100% satisfied with the sound I'm getting from the Kemper.... wish I could stop tone chasing!
    I've only got as far as watching some demo's so far, sounds pretty good from what I've heard.

What aren't you happy with? (headphones sound, monitor sound, FRFR etc..)
    Only using headphones ATM - band rehearsal keeps getting cancelled.

TBF, I'm using a new pair of Beyer DT880 PRO headphones, so might be I'm not used to the sound from them....
    Fancy! :D 

Could well be as simple as that, tried tweaking the space parameter for headphones, see if that helps?
    Looks like the editor has been ‘announced’ at NAMM :) 

https://www.facebook.com/184583711557960/posts/2564974670185507/
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9531
    PVO_Dave said:
    Looks like the editor has been ‘announced’ at NAMM :) 

https://www.facebook.com/184583711557960/posts/2564974670185507/
    Man, now that IS exciting !!!
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Hope the finished product looks a bit better than that
    Be interesting to see more about the cab too, I zoomed in a bit on the vid on Instagram, when he’s tweaking the dials on the Kemper, it goes to showing ‘Kemper cone’ with various speakers being shown on screen as options 
    Close up (taken from the Kemper forum)

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY OH BOY

(I wonder what will happen to ToastMe)

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    joeyowen said:
    (I wonder what will happen to ToastMe)
    It will be toast?
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    Estimated release date - Summer.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    He’s just slightly excited  B)

Does all look good, shame the cabs so far seem to be passive, but will see how that develops :) 
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited January 2019
    I've been quiet on here lately, I've had a bit of a wobble...similar to @FarleyUK in that I'm tone chasing again.

Long and short of it is that I'm missing some of my old tones, the pedals and amps I had and am looking to get some of that back. The profiles around for those tones aren't good enough really - OR, actually, they're not to my tastes or how I'd choose to EQ them, rather. This has left me a bit jaded and I've not been able to get excited about all these amazing Kemper announcements that I've waited a year for! (they're all great announcements, by the way!)

So I bought an amp and a Suhr Reactive Load IR. Long story short, I disagree with John Suhr's assertion on TGP that an amp and Load Box sounds better than the Kemper - https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/kemper-vs-reactive-load-with-irs.1751830/.

I started way back in 2016 with an amp and load box, that was my route into digital and since then moved on to the Fractal in 2017 and Kemper in 2018. With good reason too, judging by my experience over the last two days.

There's no doubt in my mind that amp and load box and IR is still an incredible solution. I love it, genuinely do. It's been nostalgic to experience the fun of it all over again. Owning an amp is a great experience, it gives a warm feeling inside. The Suhr RL/IR is superb, it's nice having a new toy too.

But genuinely, although it sounds absolutely fantastic - probably better than I remember the Fractal sounding, to be honest - I genuinely can't hear anything in the sound that makes it a worthwhile switch from the Kemper. The Kemper has all the nuances I look for and nails the feel, just like how I'm feeling the amp + load box + IR.

It's a different experience to the Amp In The Room, both solutions are, but I'm ok with that.

The problem: As far as I see it, and I don't know why it's taken me so long to realise...Profiles available aren't very personal. They aren't necessarily the way you or I would set things up in a real world environment on YOUR/MY amp. That's been my problem all along. I've been very lucky with some profiles in that they suit my playing style and tone, but it's an endless wade through treacle to find something that fits the bill.

So this has me thinking about doing some profiling of my own. The latest Tone Junkie podcast with Michael Britt just goes to prove that profiling doesn't have to be done with the best gear or in the best room. It will, however, prove to be expensive. So, like Michael Britt said in the podcast...I'll have to beg, borrow and steal, to make it happen!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922