The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206

simonk said:
    This is starting to sound like grounds for a recall now. Pretty poor really.
    Yea I’m not sure what it is. Peach guitars think it’s software, GuitarGuitar don’t have a clue and Kemper aren’t responding to me. So I’m completely in the dark. It would be nice if they told me whether they think it’s a software or hardware issue so I can return it and try again or wait. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9529
    @Wazmeister have you registered the product? You have to be a registered owner to post in the private section. 
    Ah - that might be it ! I'll sort it out :)
    @Wazmeister have you registered the product? You have to be a registered owner to post in the private section. 
    Ah - that might be it ! I'll sort it out :)
    No worries. It’s annoying isn’t it.
    edited August 2019
    Ah - that might be it ! I'll sort it out
    Hmmm, I have just received a very arsy email from someone at Kemper... I suggest they moderate their tone a wee bit...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hmmm, I have just received a very arsy email from someone at Kemper... I suggest they moderate their tone a wee bit...
    Burkhard?
    Burkhard?
    Peter Koch
    edited August 2019
    Peter Koch
    @Wazmeister what did he say?

I’m not impressed either.
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Is now a good time to mention that the Line6 dudes are more like this:

(Sorry, I’m in hospital and bored out of my tiny mind... I’ll go away now)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @TeleMaster ; I'll PM you
    edited August 2019
    simonk said:
    Is now a good time to mention that the Line6 dudes are more like this:

(Sorry, I’m in hospital and bored out of my tiny mind... I’ll go away now)
    Yep. My HXFX broke and they instantly sent me one from the States and didn’t even ask for the broken one back. 

Hope you're okay and out soon. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    I concur that Kemper folks can be dickheads- just unnecessarily rude and unfriendly.
    They have some inflexible rules when it comes to ordering and any questioning of this is delivered with a condescending tone as though you are an idiot for not knowing it (and frankly, how could you?).

This sort of thing starts at the top of an organisation and goes down.
    edited August 2019
    I don’t understand why they’re ignoring me now. The last week they’ve been emailing me random requests to try out relating to the issue, and just aren’t responding to the replies and results from the requests, or sporadically, and my questions about how we proceed going forward aren’t getting any responses. 

Ive been a Kemper user since 2012. I’ve bought a Powerhead, a Stage, 2 remotes, and a bag. There’s not much else I can buy, and not much longer I could’ve been a customer with the profiler, so I don’t get the tone at times and the lack of response.

I was told to return it, but then I’m being told it may be software, so why return it for another one with the same issue? That’s all I want to know, are you going to be updating it?

If I get nothing by Monday I’ll be calling and asking for the person personally and letting them know what I think. 
  • It means they're out of ideas and don't know what to do.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2019
    It means they're out of ideas and don't know what to do.

A simple 'we are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it' is the best approach.

I feel that a lot of Kemper uses may use the XLR output, which is unaffected, or may not turn the unit up load enough to hear the issue as they are bedroom or headphone players, so I'd guess that the reality is a lot more fo these units are affected.
    I don’t understand why they’re ignoring me now. The last week they’ve been emailing me random requests to try out relating to the issue, and just aren’t responding to the replies and results from the requests, or sporadically, and my questions about how we proceed going forward aren’t getting any responses. 

Ive been a Kemper user since 2012. I’ve bought a Powerhead, a Stage, 2 remotes, and a bag. There’s not much else I can buy, and not much longer I could’ve been a customer with the profiler, so I don’t get the tone at times and the lack of response.

I was told to return it, but then I’m being told it may be software, so why return it for another one with the same issue? That’s all I want to know, are you going to be updating it?

If I get nothing by Monday I’ll be calling and asking for the person personally and letting them know what I think. 
    Drew is right here.

Personally I'd be returning it and getting a refund, wait until the issues are ironed out.
    It clearly isn't ready for release.

You have other options.

A Helix, Fractal AX8 if you need a floor unit.
    A Kemper rack or head if you absolutely need a Kemper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Normally Kemper have been slow to release new stuff - look at the remote, delays/reverbs, and editor.

Unusual for them to release something with an issue like this.
    octatonic said:

Drew is right here.

Personally I'd be returning it and getting a refund, wait until the issues are ironed out.

You have other options.

I've already got a Powerhead which I want to sell. I've just bought a new pedalboard, power amp, a dunlop exp pedal and a Mission Engineering one to go with the Stage so I'm in too deep!

There's 3 years warranty, and I can still use it, and I'm hoping they'll sort it out. So I'll keep it, even if it's frustrating as I don't know if it's a mechanical or software issue. I can always get another one next week when GuitarGuitar get their stock. As long as the new one isn't the same. And it's a gamble because like @Wazmeister  it was fine for a day then it started doing it. 
    octatonic said:

Drew is right here.

You have other options.

I've already got a Powerhead which I want to sell. I've just bought a new pedalboard, power amp, a dunlop exp pedal and a Mission Engineering one to go with the Stage so I'm in too deep!

There's 3 years warranty, and I can still use it, and I'm hoping they'll sort it out. So I'll keep it, even if it's frustrating as I don't know if it's a mechanical or software issue. I can always get another one next week when GuitarGuitar get their stock. As long as the new one isn't the same. And it's a gamble because like @Wazmeister  it was fine for a day then it started doing it. 
    I guess this is the risk with going for anything upon release.
    I'm not criticising you for it- you should be able to buy a new product without the risk of it having significant and deal breaking issues like this.
    But that doesn't help you right now.

Why not return it for a refund and buy it once they sort out the problem?
    octatonic said:
    I guess this is the risk with going for anything upon release.
    I'm not criticising you for it- you should be able to buy a new product without the risk of it having significant and deal breaking issues like this.
    But that doesn't help you right now.

Why not return it for a refund and buy it once they sort out the problem?
    I'm considering it... but it's also likely as soon as I get a refund the'll release a patch fixing it, I'll get a new one and then all of the switches will break. 
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2019
    octatonic said:
    You have other options.

I have a feeling that Fractal may have stopped updating everything besides the Axe-Fx3 & FM3.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.