The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    Anyone know how to send main outputs to stereo FrFr speakers, and then also send stereo out to monitors.... while having just the main master knob affect the main master out and NOT the stereo?

I've seen the stuff about assigning the outputs on the back so you can send L and R, but can't see how to make it so the master volume doesn't affect these...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUK said:
    Anyone know how to send main outputs to stereo FrFr speakers, and then also send stereo out to monitors.... while having just the main master knob affect the main master out and NOT the stereo?

I've seen the stuff about assigning the outputs on the back so you can send L and R, but can't see how to make it so the master volume doesn't affect these...
    https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/27380-How-to-control-monitor-volume-and-main-output-volume-separately/

You can unlink the volume on those according to the thread above. 
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • FarleyUK said:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/27380-How-to-control-monitor-volume-and-main-output-volume-separately/

@FarleyUK did you get anywhere with this? Was it helpful?

FarleyUK said:

@FarleyUK did you get anywhere with this? Was it helpful?
    I think so, cheers - actually managed to figure it out, although not had a chance to properly play with it yet.

I have some questions though...

1. I want to use a talk box in the signal chain, which I understand must use the direct out output, but I also want stereo out as a secondary separate monitor control (with it’s own volume control). Can this be done?

2. Can I assign a morph pedal to the delay mix etc.?

3. Not had a chance to check, but I’m assuming I can rename rigs, amps, profiles and cabs in rig manager....?

• @FarleyUK ;
    1. Unsure
    2. Yes
    3. Yes

Thanks!

One other question - how the hell do you manage IRs on the Kemper? Can't see anyway to do so in Rig Manager.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

One other question - how the hell do you manage IRs on the Kemper? Can't see anyway to do so in Rig Manager.

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited August 2018
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

IRs aren't the focus of the Kemper, Profiles are. Profiles have the cab sound built in. This touches a bit on an earlier post where you asked about DI and merged profiles. Direct profiles allow you to use IRs or different cabs from different profiles, I believe. So although IR loading is possible (Kemper calls it something else, IRs need to be converted to be used with the Kemper) IMO it introduces and unnecessary inconvenience and complexity.

I opt not to bother with IRs and stick with the original Kemper philosophy of using profiles as they were originally intended, inclusive of the cabinet - many on the Kemper forum stick to this too. Many don't of course, but I really don't see the point in going down the IR rabbit hole with the Kemper, it can be so much simpler than that if you want it to be.

Again, it's worth truly understanding what the Kemper does and reading up on this stuff.

Any questions, please ask.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

IRs aren't the focus of the Kemper, Profiles are. Profiles have the cab sound built in. This touches a bit on an earlier post where you asked about DI and merged profiles. Direct profiles allow you to use IRs or different cabs from different profiles, I believe. So although IR loading is possible (Kemper calls it something else, IRs need to be converted to be used with the Kemper) IMO it introduces and unnecessary inconvenience. I opt not to bother with IRs and stick with the original Kemper philosophy of using profiles as they were originally intended, inclusive of the cabinet. Again, it's worth truly understanding what the Kemper does and reading up on this stuff.

Cheers - I understand that, but I've found a lot of profiles I've purchased don't sound that great, even with tweaking. However, by using some Di profiles and some IRs, the sound is a lot 'better' to my ears.

Just wondered if there was an easier way to manage them, but I can struggle through it I think :)Thanks for your patience!
  • FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

IRs aren't the focus of the Kemper, Profiles are. Profiles have the cab sound built in. This touches a bit on an earlier post where you asked about DI and merged profiles. Direct profiles allow you to use IRs or different cabs from different profiles, I believe. So although IR loading is possible (Kemper calls it something else, IRs need to be converted to be used with the Kemper) IMO it introduces and unnecessary inconvenience. I opt not to bother with IRs and stick with the original Kemper philosophy of using profiles as they were originally intended, inclusive of the cabinet. Again, it's worth truly understanding what the Kemper does and reading up on this stuff.

Cheers - I understand that, but I've found a lot of profiles I've purchased don't sound that great, even with tweaking. However, by using some Di profiles and some IRs, the sound is a lot 'better' to my ears.

Just wondered if there was an easier way to manage them, but I can struggle through it I think :)Thanks for your patience!
    That's fair enough. I'll have a look to see how others are managing them, I've never really looked into it as I got fed up of the chase when I had the Axe FX. Now I've managed to get it down to two core profiles and I'm done. I'll let you know if I find anything....good luck with it! It'll come!

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9515
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

IRs aren't the focus of the Kemper, Profiles are. Profiles have the cab sound built in. This touches a bit on an earlier post where you asked about DI and merged profiles. Direct profiles allow you to use IRs or different cabs from different profiles, I believe. So although IR loading is possible (Kemper calls it something else, IRs need to be converted to be used with the Kemper) IMO it introduces and unnecessary inconvenience and complexity.

I opt not to bother with IRs and stick with the original Kemper philosophy of using profiles as they were originally intended, inclusive of the cabinet - many on the Kemper forum stick to this too. Many don't of course, but I really don't see the point in going down the IR rabbit hole with the Kemper, it can be so much simpler than that if you want it to be.

Again, it's worth truly understanding what the Kemper does and reading up on this stuff.

Absolutely spot on.

@FarleyUK - mate, don't even bother with IRs

If the profile sounds crap, and some do, dont even bother with it.

PM me what type of amp sounds you like, and I'll send you some good uns :)

Free packs that are really good are the Tone Junkie and Brian Carl. These are both very reliable and will help you sort out your own set up and speakers.

https://www.briancarlmusic.com/

https://tonejunkiestore.com/
    edited August 2018
    FarleyUK said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

That's fair enough. I'll have a look to see how others are managing them, I've never really looked into it as I got fed up of the chase when I had the Axe FX. Now I've managed to get it down to two core profiles and I'm done. I'll let you know if I find anything....good luck with it! It'll come!
    I just posted a video how to do it (4 posts up) 
  • Am just watching it as we speak! :-)

Am just watching it as we speak! :-)
    It's short and sweet  :)
    Freebird said:
    FarleyUK said:
    Thanks!

Cheers for that link - however, it was more the management and organisation of the IRs I was after. I can import them without an issue, it's just managing the buggers that's the problem.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    @FarleyUK - Ive got tons of profiles , let me know if your looking for anything particular.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9515
    edited August 2018
    Just updated my Remote with the excellent Barefoot Buttons, as supplied by our very own @ThorpyFX ;;

These are not cheap, but you're paying for superb engineering and they are somehow soft to the touch in use.

Very practical solution.

(I just need to add 2 of the little uns to those up/down tank arrows and Im sorted !)

• cbellangacbellanga Frets: 572
    It would be so nice if they manage to come up with a floor version for the kemper no? Just dreaming here..
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

I read that you can only access the looper function if you have the kemper remote, is that true?

That being said, can you record a loop, and then tune. Muting the input signal but leaving the loop playing out to PA?

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited August 2018
    sgosden said:

I read that you can only access the looper function if you have the kemper remote, is that true?

That being said, can you record a loop, and then tune. Muting the input signal but leaving the loop playing out to PA?

Correct. I think you can but I'll have to check. Looper location can be set at the output so I'd imagine itsi absolutely possible to mute and tune whilst leaving the looper running.

Nice Barefoot buttons Waz!