The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Jim54Jim54 Frets: 244
    Yeah, pure boost after amp block. Alternatively, put a treble boost after the amp block, set mix low e.g. 20-50% and adjust tone to taste.  This can improve so many profiles as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Jim54 said:
    Yeah, pure boost after amp block. Alternatively, put a treble boost after the amp block, set mix low e.g. 20-50% and adjust tone to taste.  This can improve so many profiles as well.
    Ideal, thanks chaps, will give that a go
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • BGGBGG Frets: 689
    PC_Dave said:

The one thing I did struggle with was a volume boost for solos - I tried a boost pedal in the Kemper, but it wasn't really loud enough, and just seemed to push the amp more. What's the best way to get a boost? Is it a separate block in performance mode with the volume increased? Or should I use a physical boost pedal in the loop?

Lots more to come, i'm sure.
    I just use the morph function on the Remote foot switch, gives me a big volume boosts. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 397
    Nice new (free!) "Tribute" collection of sounds:

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    @susbemol that video is set to private
    Yeah, sorry about that... it looks like they only had it up for a short while.

I watched the whole thing and there were some nice tones so I thought I'd post a heads up here. I assume they should make it public again soon.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
    edited February 2022
    PC_Dave said:
    Update from the rehearsal - initially I was pretty stressed, as at home I just couldn't find any sounds I liked, both using studio monitors and headphones. By the time I found something semi ok, i'd try something different, then go back to the previous one and it all just sounded pretty 'meh'. Got to the rehearsal, set up the poweramp and Kabinet, plugged in the Stage, turned it on and selected the first profile, played a chord and I was blown away. I took two core sounds with me - a Deluxe Reverb and one of Burt whatshisnames Bogner EC profiles, and they were really really good. The other guitarist uses a Helix and 2x12 Powercab, and my set up sounded better to my ears.

The one thing I did struggle with was a volume boost for solos - I tried a boost pedal in the Kemper, but it wasn't really loud enough, and just seemed to push the amp more. What's the best way to get a boost? Is it a separate block in performance mode with the volume increased? Or should I use a physical boost pedal in the loop?

Lots more to come, i'm sure.
    Just morph it. Press the same patch foot switch again to get into Morph mode and turn up the amp volume to the level you want it boosted to…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6099
    Tone Junkies are currently giving their Bend Sun Pack away for free.
    This is a really nice set of profiles.

https://tonejunkiestore.com/bend-sun-pack-free
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    susbemol said:
    Nice new (free!) "Tribute" collection of sounds:

Haha, this has finally gone back up.
  • That's very cool. There are tonnes of tones to get your teeth into there! I'm gonna have a play!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • My Powered Kemper Kabinet arrives next week. Can't wait.. will be putting it through its paces at band praccy..
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1808
    Let’s know how it sounds (and the price after import duties and the like.).
  • Got it.

Sounds good..

£116 VAT/duty to get it in my dirty paws...

Will feedback after band practice on Tuesday.....

Si
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1341
    edited February 2022
     Cranked the Kabinet today - it's a keeper

Whilst I never had any issues with the KPA through a monitor this thing just feels/sounds like a traditional amp now. I'll still push the KPA through the mains for our gigs but I'd be happy gigging it traditionally as well.

Might be a few quid but for me its well worth it.

Si
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2386
    So I’m back on the Kemper train…. Just got a Stage. Reason being that carrying my AFX3 rack unit has caused elbow issues, so needed something lighter and portable….. and TBH I really missed TopJimi’s Caswell profiles!
    FarleyUK said:
    So I’m back on the Kemper train…. Just got a Stage. Reason being that carrying my AFX3 rack unit has caused elbow issues, so needed something lighter and portable….. and TBH I really missed TopJimi’s Caswell profiles!
    Good work mate!

I'm loving Britt's CSR pack at the mo for some nice clean Fendery and high gain Marshall tones. Mike's stuff certainly comes alive at volume!

Si
  • FarleyUK said:

Wehey, cool! Welcome back. If you're anything like me, it felt weird coming back but once you get going again, it's like coming back home!

FarleyUK said:
    Good work mate!

I'm loving Britt's CSR pack at the mo for some nice clean Fendery and high gain Marshall tones. Mike's stuff certainly comes alive at volume!

Si

That sounds right up my street, must try it. My only criticism of Britt profiles is the Lead 80 he uses on everything, I'd prefer some options with his exceptional sounding profiles.

Know what you mean - for cleans he has some v30 and Gold and uses a number of diff cabs on the higher gain stuff.. gotta turn it up though :)
  • allenallen Frets: 707
    They have just released version 8.7 in beta. No meaningful change, but it is compatible with the new iphone based editor.

The previous wireless editor was ipad only. 

In case you missed it here is how to add connectivity to older toaster heads and racks (if you don't have the floor unit).

• Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3469
    edited April 2022
    Anyone know of any good Fender Blues Jr profiles? Mk.III if possible