What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    That second shot is brilliant ^  :o
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ionianionian Frets: 100
    boogieman said:
    That second shot is brilliant ^  :o
    Thanks! All credit due to Sister of Sinister who did the styling and the modelling at Studio Visage in Folkestone. She's a real talent and I work with her as often as possible.
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2427

This released some funds, which went to the fuji 50mm f/2 "fujicron". Holy crap that lens is cool - focus is near instant, it's mega sharp, it's absolutely tiny and weather sealed.
    The two lenses I regularly use with my X-E3 are the 23mm and 50mm f/2's. Both give really good image quality and are lightning fast to focus. The 50mm is my favourite of the two. Light and compact they are perfect on the X-E3. Being weather/dust sealed is a bonus but unfortunately the X-E3 body isn't, whereas the larger Fujifilm bodies are.
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2100
    ionian said:
    I'm a portrait photographer in my spare time - I have done some paid work but these days it is just a hobby and I am very happy for it to stay that way unless a very lucrative commission comes along. I currently shoot with the Sony A7iii and I have a small home studio.

Here's some recent work:

Excellent work!
  • Jimbro66 said:

This released some funds, which went to the fuji 50mm f/2 "fujicron". Holy crap that lens is cool - focus is near instant, it's mega sharp, it's absolutely tiny and weather sealed.
    The two lenses I regularly use with my X-E3 are the 23mm and 50mm f/2's. Both give really good image quality and are lightning fast to focus. The 50mm is my favourite of the two. Light and compact they are perfect on the X-E3. Being weather/dust sealed is a bonus but unfortunately the X-E3 body isn't, whereas the larger Fujifilm bodies are.

I use an xt2 so I'm pretty rough on my gear. Makes sense for me to get a more beat up 23mm 1.4 because I don't baby my stuff... It gets thrown out in the rain and slung into a normal shoulder bag (wouldn't see me dead with an overpriced camera bag that's hideous to boot! Call me vain...). 

The lens feels solid but the image quality is ace. I know atm everyone is absolutely obsessed with shooting at the widest aperture possible (sigma 135mm 1.8 and 105mm 1.4 = joke lenses?) so 75 percent of the image is meaningless mush, but I love the way images just pop from this thing. I've used very fast lenses before that provided more blue, but the way this 50 creates images is awesome - contrasty and poppy, even when there isn't much separation from the background and I'm stopped down a bit. 

Another unexpected bonus - 46mm filters are mega cheap compared to my old nikon lens kit (I've got from 77mm filters all around to 46mm uv and cpl and 62mm nd and cpl for the 23mm). Selling my hoya 77mm cpl paid for both 46mm filters! 
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    A new year's eve portrait of my daughter and her Gretsch G5122;

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited January 2019
    Wolfetone said:

Don’t know if it’s because I’m browsing on my phone but none of your pics are showing up. Just seeing a small blank square 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    I am fascinated at the power of the NIkon P1000 and wonder at seeing the rings of Saturn with just a camera, but if I wait a year or so, will I be able to see Uranus ?

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Wolfetone said:

Don’t know if it’s because I’m browsing on my phone but none of your pics aren’t showing up. Just seeing a small blank square 
    They display OK on my Android phone. Very nice too.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26966
    boogieman said:
    Wolfetone said:

Don’t know if it’s because I’m browsing on my phone but none of your pics aren’t showing up. Just seeing a small blank square 
    Same - I can't see it on safari
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
    Nor on Firefox on Win7
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    Nor a Chromebook...  :/

• cj73cj73 Frets: 1003
    On the Mac it asks me to log into google account to view 
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2427
    Jimbro66 said:
    boogieman said:
    Wolfetone said:

They display OK on my Android phone. Very nice too.

Well, it did yesterday on my phone but now no image showing at all. Not on Android, Safari, Windows PC Firefox and IE. It's gorn!

Did @Wolftone remove it or does Vanilla not like it? Wolftone's early photo of his dog has also vanished.

A shame as it was a lovely photo of his daughter with Gretsch.

I referenced it from Google photo's. It shows up on all my devices but then there's some that can't see it. Will post again on IMGUR
    Does this work? Let me know so I know for the future.

Image may contain one or more people people playing musical instruments and guitar

and dog;

Image may contain dog
    Another of the dog

Image may contain dog and indoor
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4914
    @Wolfetone that's great on Chromebook, and brilliant pics, too.

Nitefly said:
    @Wolfetone that's great on Chromebook, and brilliant pics, too.

I've used Facebook instead. Appreciate the feedback.