Picard (contains spoilers)

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
edited January 2020 in Off Topic
Sir Patrick Stewart is to boldly go where he has gone before, reprising his Star Trek role of Jean-Luc Picard in a new television series.

Few details of the show have been revealed. However the Hollywood Reporter said it will not be a reboot of Star Trek: The Next Generation but rather will be an exploration of Picard's later life made for the CBS All Access streaming service.

Interesting.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GulliverGulliver Frets: 848
    TNG was the most successful Star Trek series, which is why they spent millions remastering it for Blu Ray.  So I'm not surprised that they're trying to recapture some of that magic.   I'm concerned that it will be a bit of a let down because I liked pretty much the entire TNG ensemble and can't imagine JLP without the rest of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Best forum name I’ve ever seen is Jean-Luc Pickguard 
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Best forum name I’ve ever seen is Jean-Luc Pickguard 
    Excellent!!

Gulliver said:
    TNG was the most successful Star Trek series, which is why they spent millions remastering it for Blu Ray.  So I'm not surprised that they're trying to recapture some of that magic.   I'm concerned that it will be a bit of a let down because I liked pretty much the entire TNG ensemble and can't imagine JLP without the rest of them.
    I enjoyed it - the cast did work well together. Stewart is a fine actor but he looks about 100 these days ... not sure what is planned but is doesn't look like he's in command of a ship or even in Star Fleet.

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
     =) 

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3444
    Im still waiting for the remake of Space 1999.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • I'll watch it!
  • Gulliver said:
    Especially Deanna Troi
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4173
    Great Jazz-Rock violinist! Making a comeback? =)

Oh, "Picard" not "Ponty". B)
    Gulliver said:
    Especially Deanna Troi
    You are @darthed1981 and ICM £5
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Gulliver said:
    Especially Deanna Troi
    I used to love her when I was a lad, lots of confusing feelings when it first aired...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    Gulliver said:
    Especially Deanna Troi
    I used to love her when I was a lad, lots of confusing feelings when it first aired...
    Check the actress who played Deanna Troi out in the Wicked Lady, especially the public fight with Faye Dunnaway (I won't post a link here but its on YouTube) and Death Wish 3 ...

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    Still would in 2018. Love her natural accent. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Gulliver said:
    Especially Deanna Troi
    Were you confused as you got a trouser tent over her but your real love was Wesley Crusher? ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    Still would in 2018. Love her natural accent. 

Wow, shes from my neck of the woods...  Had no idea... Glad to see she still representing...  Respek  :)
    The review in the Times is very positive - story seems strong, Picard struts about like a Shakespearean character. The only flaw - some dodgy CGI and effects.

On Amazon tomorrow night.

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3682
    Fretwired said:
    The review in the Times is very positive - story seems strong, Picard struts about like a Shakespearean character. The only flaw - some dodgy CGI and effects.

On Amazon tomorrow night.
    Thanks for the heads up
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Something about growing grapes and making wine and not a single half-Human, half-Betazoid in sight. Sadly. 
    merlin said:
    Something about growing grapes and making wine and not a single half-Human, half-Betazoid in sight. Sadly. 

She turns up later ... ;-)