5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• Just to keep everyone in the loop, I will be starting the mixing of the studio jam tracks on Monday. So they should start appearing on here from early next week. It shouldn't take me long to get through them, there's only 21 of them (I think)....

I would have started them sooner but I've being sorting my studio computer issues this week (thankfully all fixed), I'm playing at a festival tomorrow and at a wedding on Sunday. Never a dull moment haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    My girls are away so I'm a free man.

Where's the jam this weekend?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Just to keep everyone in the loop, I will be starting the mixing of the studio jam tracks on Monday. So they should start appearing on here from early next week. It shouldn't take me long to get through them, there's only 21 of them (I think)....

I would have started them sooner but I've being sorting my studio computer issues this week (thankfully all fixed), I'm playing at a festival tomorrow and at a wedding on Sunday. Never a dull moment haha
    haha is there much call for "Finished with my woman cos ..." at weddings?

Maybe it's a Northern thing.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    pmbomb said:

In our hearts, mate...
    edited August 2018
    Blackjack said:
    Do you happen to have one of Comfortably Numb? Such an epic song!! 
    Aye.  There's two versions of this, this is the first one we did, in the studio.

@Bridgehouse, @Alnico @Snags @mrkb ;;

be proud of this guys, well done.

love @Alnico's gentle head bobbing as he waits for the solo, I find those 'waiting for my bit" moments very sweet. And the wink to Mark.

and all under Lemmy's inscrutable gaze.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27424
    pmbomb said:

I think that means that it's at your place.
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:
    pmbomb said:

;)
    Fine by me other than being in a semi so have to watch the volume.
  • pmbomb said:
    Just to keep everyone in the loop, I will be starting the mixing of the studio jam tracks on Monday. So they should start appearing on here from early next week. It shouldn't take me long to get through them, there's only 21 of them (I think)....

I'm not playing at this wedding, just drinking.

I have played plenty of weddings in the past though. We've even done a couple with the Sabbath band. Never again though. The last one we did, the bride and groom were huge Sabbath fans but none of their guests were. It ended up causing a huge row between the bride and her grandfather who hated the whole thing and walked out. There were plenty of tears and tantrums.
    We ended up compromising and ditching the Sabbath stuff in favour of a load of cheesy rock covers, thus saving the day haha
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5356
    pmbomb said:
    TTony said:
    pmbomb said:

;)
    Fine by me other than being in a semi so have to watch the volume.
    Why?  There'll be enough of us that they won't be in a position to complain :)
    's'cool they've listened to me learning from scratch the last 18 months, they've not complained yet.

lol at Bob's Sabbath wedding band story.
  • pmbomb said:

I have played plenty of weddings in the past though. We've even done a couple with the Sabbath band. Never again though. The last one we did, the bride and groom were huge Sabbath fans but none of their guests were. It ended up causing a huge row between the bride and her grandfather who hated the whole thing and walked out. There were plenty of tears and tantrums.
    We ended up compromising and ditching the Sabbath stuff in favour of a load of cheesy rock covers, thus saving the day haha
    Been in similar situations too with my Metallica tribute.. never again.

I find the operators of the wedding venues less ameniable to "So What", never mind Great Aunt Maggie

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Sasquatch_Bob - you won't find that kind of disagreement down the bowling club - they were up for anything :D
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Looks like a fun weekend, would be up for it if a bit closer to home (Essex).

Ha, ha, reminds me of a friend of mine who used to play in a Surf band which did Dick Dale's Misirlou. My friend used to do the 'speech' at the beginning from the Pulp Fiction version. They were playing a wedding gig and she had had a few drinks and was in the zone and didn't really clock all the children and grandparents still at the back of the hall behind the bouncing 20/30 somethings and lanched into "any of you fucking pigs move and I'll execute every last motherfucking one of you"! Que gasps, opening mouths and silence in the hall :lol: .
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Octafish said:
    Looks like a fun weekend, would be up for it if a bit closer to home (Essex).

Ha, ha, reminds me of a friend of mine who used to play in a Surf band which did Dick Dale's Misirlou. My friend used to do the 'speech' at the beginning from the Pulp Fiction version. They were playing a wedding gig and she had had a few drinks and was in the zone and didn't really clock all the children and grandparents still at the back of the hall behind the bouncing 20/30 somethings and lanched into "any of you fucking pigs move and I'll execute every last motherfucking one of you"! Que gasps, opening mouths and silence in the hall :lol: .
    Amazing! :) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Right. After the conversation at the end of Sunday at Huddersfield.. I dug these out:

So next jam = harmonica in the Chicago style. 

I have a harp mic and I'll get hold of a cheapo Epiphone Blues Junior and we shall have the blues.. anyone up for it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • yep
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    Right. After the conversation at the end of Sunday at Huddersfield.. I dug these out:

So next jam = harmonica in the Chicago style. 

I have a harp mic and I'll get hold of a cheapo Epiphone Blues Junior and we shall have the blues.. anyone up for it?
    Joe Satriani - Big Bad moon - widdly guitar and harmonica at its best. Yes!

Beatles - Love me do - guitar and harmonica at its worse! No!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    I quite like love me do... thought the drum part would be easy enough for you to cope with as well :D
  • Neil Young - My my, Hey hey 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768
    I quite like love me do... thought the drum part would be easy enough for you to cope with as well :D
    Hey, I ain’t no Ringo !?!?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1