5th Birthday Jam and Gig Reaction, Photos and Videos

What's Hot

Comments

• McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    pmbomb said:
    enjoying that jam guys, chapeau @McToot for the drumming!

Cheers Matt. I'm quite chuffed with it. Another thing on my shopping list  B)

I will be making use of those two bottles of your goodly brew when I get home today after a sticky, sultry day in the big smoke by the way...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    Cool. It's bottle conditioned so don't pour the last bit. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6779
    Any chance of seeing the Teenage Kicks gig video @modellista ? My wife thought I looked cool in the Honky Tonk vid, so reckon I might get a bit of jiggy jiggy if she sees that one as well!
    Yours in Anticipation,
    Mark.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    mrkb said:
    Any chance of seeing the Teenage Kicks gig video @modellista ? My wife thought I looked cool in the Honky Tonk vid, so reckon I might get a bit of jiggy jiggy if she sees that one as well!
    Yours in Anticipation,
    Mark.
    Careful how you phrase it or you might get a teenage kick in your jiggy jiggies instead
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3671
    Weird. Your wife said the same thing to me ;)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    "You were my inspiration as I sang, darling"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Snags said:
    Translation: my guitar was giving me the horn but the jack socket isn’t big enough 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5359
    The jack socket is,just perfectly tight I'll have you know. Oh. Yeah. Erm. Right. As you were.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Snags said:
    Translation: my guitar was giving me the horn but the jack socket isn’t big enough 
    It'll take it.
    It'll be fine.
    Don't worry...
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    McToot said:
    pmbomb said:
    enjoying that jam guys, chapeau @McToot for the drumming!

Cheers Matt. I'm quite chuffed with it. Another thing on my shopping list  B)

I will be making use of those two bottles of your goodly brew when I get home today after a sticky, sultry day in the big smoke by the way...
    Is this the right time to let on our kegs are brilliant but bottling is a bit hit and miss.....
    Inspired by everything we did and Bob and his studio, I'm heading back there at least once a month for recording tuition and to concentrate on trying to record classic rock tracks properly, maybe spending an entire afternoon on one or two tracks and really diving into each song fully.

If anyone wants to join me and work on this project, it would be amazing to record this with an all TFB Band, even if it's recorded in parts on different dates. There are loads of ways we could do this so if you're interested then let me know by PM and when we have a plan I'll approach @Sasquatch_Bob and work something out.

This has really woken up the demons in me now and it feels amazing. 3 years is a long time when you realise what you've lost in that time and if I used to be able to do it, I can again.
    There could easily be lots of you in exactly the same format as the Jam was but spread out across months and on the day, very focused and with plenty of time to explore the song and our own talents.

The spark of my idea was an album of proper cover versions, recorded and mixed properly for no other reason than the pure fuck of it. If TFB ends up being able to use that to help or promote then all the better, I just want to get back to doing all this now, it's been WAY too long.

If this appeals to you, whatever talent level you feel you're at exactly like the Jams, let me know via PM and when there's a solid plan I'll start its own thread.
    Also it'd be worth letting me know what 5 songs you play well already so we can at least look at playing to our strengths first.
    edited August 2018
    Also worth saying that before I thought of keeping this purely tfb, I was going to pay for the recording anyway and then ask friends to come and enjoy being part of it with the costs covered. That's another reason for doing this over months, maybe even 12 months.

I'm not asking people to contribute but equally I won't stop anyone contributing if they feel like they got a lot from the experience and they genuinely want to.

Just wanted to make that clear. 
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2039
    mrkb said:
    Yours in Anticipation,
    Mark.
    Wow, that's some serious responsibility right there.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    Yours in Anticipation,
    Mark.
    I couldn't refuse such a touching request.

Here we have @mrkb , @Snags , @Bridgehouse and @drummermatt doing Teenage Kicks at the gig.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Cheers mate,
    That was the best 2:28 minutes of my life ;-)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Alnico , it's great to hear that you're feeling re-energised after the weekend.  The power of the jam, eh?  I loved the way you stepped up and sang Rockin' In The Free World in the rehearsal room, clearly you've got a library of classic rock up there in the brainbox!  Was great to play with you over the weekend, and if you've no objection I'll be uploading some video of you playing shortly.

The album idea is an awesome one.  I'd certainly be up for a contribution if you need players.
    I’ll also upload the last take of Ace of Spades once I’ve cut out all the “learning takes”- will do that at the weekend. Might do a “behind the scenes” upload so any beginners can see how low pressure the environment was- Bob was very patent with us and carried the track with his thunderous bass riffage!

I asked my drum teacher about learning that track tonight and once we looked at the notation I think I’ll do a easy listening version- f’me it’s quick!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited August 2018
    @Alnico , it's great to hear that you're feeling re-energised after the weekend.  The power of the jam, eh?  I loved the way you stepped up and sang Rockin' In The Free World in the rehearsal room, clearly you've got a library of classic rock up there in the brainbox!  Was great to play with you over the weekend, and if you've no objection I'll be uploading some video of you playing shortly.

The album idea is an awesome one.  I'd certainly be up for a contribution if you need players.
    Thank you.
    I'd really appreciate you being involved.
    When there's a solid plan I'll let you know.
    You're on a list of 4 already now.
    It was great to play on those songs with you too and yes, I've got tons of ideas and songs I could  look at. All those involved with this will have a lot of input and I want this to be a real collaboration.

This also helps to underpin what this place can achieve.

Of course you can post my song.
    There's mistakes on there, it was my first time in a band for 3 years and I couldn't hear myself so I lost track of the solo in places.

Hope it sounds ok where I got it right though.
    Sure.
    Post it up.
    Last one for this evening, and the last song performed over the weekend, the three-piece version of Come Together.  Because my drum teacher asked for evidence of the outcome of his efforts.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Last one for this evening, and the last song performed over the weekend, the three-piece version of Come Together.  Because my drum teacher asked for evidence of the outcome of his efforts.

Very impressive Mr multi talented “singing drummer” dude!
    I recorded this on my zoom, and when I was listening to this track it took me a while to work out there the outro lyrics were coming from - i was sure I wasn’t singing!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1