Fretboard Jams - Announcements!

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Really we need one in the west mids? It's central to everywhere, I'd go to that one .. 
    get your organising hat on ...

Seriously, it'd be great if there were lots of these things, perhaps more local where there are enough interested people.  

We've picked locations that are more or less down the centre spine of the UK (Huddersfield, Leicester, Woking) and these will be our "main" events for a while.

But there should be something else somewhere along the M5, maybe something up-proper-North, maybe something on the SE (because it takes so long to travel anywhere else from there) and *definitely* something in East Anglia so I dont have to always drive so bloody far.

Just need people in those areas (and anywhere else) to step in and organise them.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited August 2018
    Am up for some more jams. count me in.

Dates suggested so far are okay.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Am looking around the West Midlands/Worcestershire/Gloucestershire area. Taking advantage of the M5 and A40 corridors. And provide a counterpoint to Huddersfield, Leicester and Woking.

Found a chain of studios called Pirate Studioshttps://www.piratestudios.co.uk. Anyone any experience with these? They have studios in Cheltenham (to west of town centre) and Birmingham (Bordesley district not far from Moor Street Station). Not sure what they're like, but the photos on the web site makes them look clean. 7 (seven) rooms at Cheltenham, and 19 (nineteen) at Birmingham.

I'll keep looking for others that might appeal.

• BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    These sound ace, can't make the next Quad one in November but will definitely be signing up for the first one next year. I can also drum if needs be too but sounds like you're getting that sorted anyway. Great stuff!!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Boromedic said:
    These sound ace, can't make the next Quad one in November but will definitely be signing up for the first one next year. I can also drum if needs be too but sounds like you're getting that sorted anyway. Great stuff!!
    Next one will be Huddersfield in Feb after Quad - there’s a thread in Events to sign up
    Yeah I think it would have to be the next Quad one mate, family commitments mean Leicester is an easier option right now. Shame but an overnighter in Huddersfield will happen at some point. Would be great to chill and chat over some beers with you all. 

Boromedic said:
    Yeah I think it would have to be the next Quad one mate, family commitments mean Leicester is an easier option right now. Shame but an overnighter in Huddersfield will happen at some point. Would be great to chill and chat over some beers with you all. 
    There will be another Quad mid year - and would be great to have you up to hudders for a beer!!
    Brilliant, and that's a definite from me to both!

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    fandango said:

Found a chain of studios called Pirate Studioshttps://www.piratestudios.co.uk. Anyone any experience with these? 
    We use Pirate in Nottingham for band rehearsals. Purpose built, well equipped, rehearsal studios. Well thought out and well equipped. You can even record and download your rehearsal sessions.

None of the Nottingham rooms is big enough for more than six people. I can’t speak for their other locations. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    fandango said:
    A40 corridor
    Dat me - albeit at its Western extremity. Gloucester or Hereford might be within range. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    edited August 2018
    How does @Alnico's broadly outlined plan fit into this, or will it be separated please?
    TADodger said:
    How does @Alnico's broadly outlined plan fit into this, or will it be separated please?
    Totally separate and completely @Alnico ‘s thing and not part of the official FB jams - though it will be a valuable extension for people participating in both (like me!) 

If @Alnico wants to make it official with Tony et al then that’s his call - he may want to keep it his own thing and separate though and that’s again entirely his call
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    Roland said:
    fandango said:

Found a chain of studios called Pirate Studioshttps://www.piratestudios.co.uk. Anyone any experience with these? 
    We use Pirate in Nottingham for band rehearsals. Purpose built, well equipped, rehearsal studios. Well thought out and well equipped. You can even record and download your rehearsal sessions.

None of the Nottingham rooms is big enough for more than six people. I can’t speak for their other locations. 
    I can vote that the Birmingham ones are good but not sure If they would be big enough for 6 people.
    3 slots remaining at Huddersfield for the official session (out of 20)
    6 slots remaining at Leicester for the official session (out of 20)
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BlackjackBlackjack Frets: 238
    If you do another South jam I would be very interested as long as you didn’t mind having a female along. I wouldn’t want to spoil the dynamic of the group! 
    Also I could recommend an excellent drummer if you needed one. Lovely bloke and my next door neighbour! 
  • Blackjack said:
    If you do another South jam I would be very interested as long as you didn’t mind having a female along. I wouldn’t want to spoil the dynamic of the group! 
    Also I could recommend an excellent drummer if you needed one. Lovely bloke and my next door neighbour! 
    You'll have to argue with the lovely @Route66 if you want the "Only Female" badge! 

She had to walk way further than us for a pee at Sasquatch too ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Blackjack said:
    I’d be happy to do a proper south east right down in Kent (ish) job if you fancied it - probly a smaller session, and probably not too frequently but I don’t see why not!

And as for females being there - well.. frankly I’d be gutted if anyone here thought it wasn’t the done thing. Everyone - with nobody excluded - is very very welcome. 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    Let me know what I can do to help for organising Leicester, as long as it doesn't require any technical skill I'll do anything!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12352
    munckee said:
    Let me know what I can do to help for organising Leicester, as long as it doesn't require any technical skill I'll do anything!
    Well not anything...
    edited August 2018
    So you won't do that? ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom