Sasquatch Jam (Feb 16/17th 2019) Songlist Thread

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 1615
    LuttiS said:
    I get that they are great, easy to learn songs, but there are many many great easy to learn songs, Many many of them have been suggested. 
    And if 75% of songs at quad can be new, that seems a good balance? 
    We have to strike a balance - and we won't always get it right. Similarly, we can't please everyone. I will have a chat to the organising troop and work out where the balance should be as I seem to get the bigger picture with PM's and so forth. I want to get as many new songs in as possible - and if we aren't quite there yet then we can shuffle and adjust to suit.
    I get that, just my 2¢.
    Happy with whatever comes out! Colour me enthusiastic :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 2590
    @LuttiS I reckon me and you doing Paradise City with @thomasross20 will be challenging enough!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Just putting it out there, whether it makes the final studio list or not, I'll be haranguing people into a live performance of Girl from Mars at the gig ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • fandangofandango Frets: 1377
    Snags said:
    @fandango to give @darthed1981 a chance to pull something together, how about picking one of Kings of Speed or Urban Guerilla?  The former is probably one of the easier to do without synth/horns, the latter has a more interesting vocal.
    Let’s have Kings of Speed, please.

We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organise and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too." JF Kennedy 1963.

For Sale: Apple MacBook Pro (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133742/fs-apple-macbook-pro-15-retina-995?new=1)
  • I'm gonna try and get a webcam.. so can show you guys what parts I was thinking of doing (basically Slash's parts if ok!)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 1377
    I'm gonna try and get a webcam.. so can show you guys what parts I was thinking of doing (basically Slash's parts if ok!)
    I’ve a spare webcam. Barely used. Pm me and i could chuck* in post tomorrow.

* i mean post
    We choose to go to the Moon! We choose to go to the Moon...We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard; because that goal will serve to organise and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one we intend to win, and the others, too." JF Kennedy 1963.

For Sale: Apple MacBook Pro (http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133742/fs-apple-macbook-pro-15-retina-995?new=1)
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 3074
    We have a rather-too-long longlist to narrow down, but lots of time, so let's have some fun slimming it down...

Three Tom Petty suggestions, we need to choose from...

Running Down a Dream
    Learning To Fly
    I Won't Back Down

Thoughts..?
    Warning: this post may contain overtly affectionate references to the irreplaceable Mary Spender, and if you are reading this, Hi Mary!
  • We have a rather-too-long longlist to narrow down, but lots of time, so let's have some fun slimming it down...

Three Tom Petty suggestions, we need to choose from...

Running Down a Dream
    Learning To Fly
    I Won't Back Down

Thoughts..?
    Won't back down is the only one that's not been done at a jam.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 18224
    Benevolent Dictator Message:

As you all know I'm very passionate about the Jams - they mean a lot to me. They mean a lot to a lot of us. I'm also conscious that I want to get it right so we can all have a cracking day, and enjoy ourselves - the buzz after Sasquatch was huge and I want to get that time after time.

The response to the jams this time round has been, frankly, incredible, and I'm floored. It's brilliant and I don't want to kill that.

However, I'm conscious that you may have all caught me with my pants down a bit and the songlist organising has been a bit chaotic.. I want everyone to have their fair crack, and I want the songs on the day to represent the needs/desires/hard work of those who will be there to play them. I've not given either of the setlist organisers a clear brief and have left them both a bit high and dry and that's not very fair of me. As such, I'd like to take a pause in this thread and have a discussion with them to make sure I'm supporting them and giving them a clear and consistent process for getting the right songs together for all of you.

How do I know I've failed at this? I've had about 200 notifications today, a number of PMs and messages on here and other threads suggesting people aren't 100% happy with the songlists for a variety of reasons. I want to get this right so I'll chat to @darthed1981 and @markblagdon and agree the right way to do it and make sure they are supported and not left stirring chaotic porridge! 

Massive apologies - I should have got this sorted earlier 
    - but if anything it's an indication of just how brilliant your collective enthusiasm or response has been. I will post again tomorrow to give an ETA for songlist chat startup again - I want you to all be able to carry on by Saturday at the latest. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 15409
    I'll close this thread temporarily, just until Mr BH gets his pants back up.  I don't want him to be distracted from that task by more notifications pinging into his inbox
    :D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 15409

All - new songlist thread (with rules this time!) is here.    PLease re-submit your suggestions there
    :)
This discussion has been closed.