The Official FB Jam - Water Rats (Woking) Edition - 13th April 2019

What's Hot

Comments

• grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    edited February 2019
    All,

What's the score with bringing gear along to this (sorry first time).

I'm happy to bring any of the following if it's required or peops would just like to experience..

Amps
    Suhr SL68 + Marshall 4x12
    Carr Rambler
    Louis Electric Deltone
    Vyse Deluxe
    Ceriatone HRM50 BM

From a guitar perspective I'll bring the '61 Strat for peops to have a play on plus something a little more practical for me!

Si

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Ditto was going to bring my Marshall Astoria Dual and pedalboard plus Les Paul and Strat
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    munckee said:
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?
    There were four amps setup in the recording room, and they were the backline for the day. I think they were a mix of the studios amps and fretboarders who were happy for others to use them in the main room. All the amps were miked for recording and rough levels were set. For each song people just plugged into a suitable amp, checked level was still OK and played. The day is more about playing live than perfecting the ‘as recorded’ album track tones.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    Presumably there is an acoustic amp?
    Fuengi said:
    Presumably there is an acoustic amp?
    Last time I believe we miced acoustic guitar. Is that right @McToot  you played  your Larrivee I think?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You can DI acoustics into the PA
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2041
    I plugged straight into the desk on someone else's Taylor but it was a faff and then  the guys in the desk goofed up and I had to re-record on my iPhone and have that dropped in... 

if if we have acoustic songs I would suggest that someone brings a decent amp and leaves it in the live room. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

edited February 2019
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?
    There were four amps setup in the recording room, and they were the backline for the day. I think they were a mix of the studios amps and fretboarders who were happy for others to use them in the main room. All the amps were miked for recording and rough levels were set. For each song people just plugged into a suitable amp, checked level was still OK and played. The day is more about playing live than perfecting the ‘as recorded’ album track tones.

I have a smallish pedalboard with all the basics on it - Tuner - Sunface Fuzz - Treble Booster - Phaser - OD, DIST, Delay, Reverb - and a wah that I'm happy for people to play through. Likewise I'm interested in hearing my amp (Marshall Astoria Dual 30w) turned up a bit with other people playing through it so if people want to use that I'm totally happy for them to do so. 

Let me know on the day I guess as I'll be bringing it all with me. 

I've got an electro acoustic as well if anyone needs that. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    soma1975 said:
    mrkb said:
    munckee said:
    In terms of gear there are amps in the recording room but bring your own to play in practice rooms, pedal boards too.  Time is short on the day in the recording room so there isn't really time for everyone to set up a pedalboard for each time.  If there are pedals people feel are essential it would be worth seeing if we can set up a generic pedal board that stays in place for the lead amp.  @Bridgehouse @poopot ;;and @mrkb can hopefully remind me what we did last time for pedals?

I have a smallish pedalboard with all the basics on it - Tuner - Sunface Fuzz - Treble Booster - Phaser - OD, DIST, Delay, Reverb - and a wah that I'm happy for people to play through. Likewise I'm interested in hearing my amp (Marshall Astoria Dual 30w) turned up a bit with other people playing through it so if people want to use that I'm totally happy for them to do so. 

Let me know on the day I guess as I'll be bringing it all with me. 

I've got an electro acoustic as well if anyone needs that. 

If you are happy for that to be in the recording room that would be great. 
    edited February 2019
    Don’t see why not. Unless I sell everything for coke and hookers in the meantime. And as long as I can still rehearse with something. 

So went to @fuengi s place this morning and had a jam/practice.  Quick video of a run through of who knew.  Fuengi is out of shot playing his new squier jaguar bass (which I will be stealing) Fuengi Jr is just in shot playing my MIJ strat, I am playing Fuengi's ovation (and messing the ending up) and munckee Jr is singing.  

Useful practice and really nice morning.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nice job. 

soma1975 said:
    Nice job. 
    Cheers, as usual we only video'd probably the worst run thorugh : )

What impressed me/annoyed me most was the flexibility of youth, fuengi jr has been playing for 10 months and had never heard the song before, I played the lead part through once for him and he played it absolutely right and in time every time.

flipping kids...
    Have no fear that I’ll be doing anything like that. 

I have more of an Eric Morcombe approach. 

munckee said:
    soma1975 said:
    Nice job. 
    Cheers, as usual we only video'd probably the worst run thorugh : )

What impressed me/annoyed me most was the flexibility of youth, fuengi jr has been playing for 10 months and had never heard the song before, I played the lead part through once for him and he played it absolutely right and in time every time.

flipping kids...
    He's got a very big job on his hands covering his father's shortcomings! 
    For everyone who is coming, just a quick update I have spoken to water rats today and checked everything is on and as we thought it was, booked 11-6 and we have the studio and practice rooms and they will record the official play through's, all agreed.

As originally mentioned when @poopot and @Bridgehouse arranged they will provide us with the recordings but not mix them and we will make them available via a mixing challenge.

I will post song bits on the other thread.
    Munckee jr and I went to @fuengi s this morning, video of a run through of yellow.  Fuengi is playing his lovely new eastman acoustic, fuengi jr is playing my MIJ strat and I am off camera playing bass.  Apologies to Fuengi Jr as he didn't know it was a run through until after we started!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Munckee jr and I went to @fuengi s this morning, video of a run through of yellow.  Fuengi is playing his lovely new eastman acoustic, fuengi jr is playing my MIJ strat and I am off camera playing bass.  Apologies to Fuengi Jr as he didn't know it was a run through until after we started!

I should have turned my collar up!

Your Strat really did sound pretty decent through the Blackstar 10. 
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1340
    Sounds great!